Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 11 Aug 22, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oooh Ale and Compass looks brilliant- we have it on the list too. 😁 yay for margaritas and pretzels, a brilliant ending to your day. 🍹💕
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Oh, my. What a great mix of food and alcohol ☺️ Just caught up on a few days. Nine dragons and The Boathouse now on my list for next year! So pleased you’re all having such a great time!
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Apart from the rubbish margarita flight you’ve had a lovely few days Abby. That pesto chicken sandwich looks divine!
I can’t believe you’re over 2 weeks in already, you’ve achieved so much though 😱.
I can’t wait to read all about it!
We have been very lucky with the food, or perhaps we are just easy to please! The pesto chicken was very good, I was tempted by the Tacos but when Kate ordered them I thought I'd get something different and Im glad I did.

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
So glad you had a good experience at the Ale and Compass. It is one of my favourites and I think it’s often overlooked.
The fish tacos looked really good.

And sounds like you had a lovely evening with DH, having a nice marg at Joes. The grand margarita on the rocks is so good, though I recall it being strong which is great for me
It was a lovely evening just sitting there watching the boats come in with the Epcot fireworks going off behind us. Just perfect!

Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
Another very good food and cocktails kinda day, the mahi tacos at Ale & Compass look fantastic!
The mahi tacos looked delicious. Kate wouldn't let me try them! Pesky kids, she ate them all though and said they were lovely.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Sounds like it’s still a nice relaxing holiday with lots of nice food and cocktails. Both hotels sound like they have their good points - I’d love to stay at Wilderness Lodge.

Enjoy the rest of your Disney stay.
Last night at Epcot tonight and then tomorrow we pack and check out. It has been such a fab trip! I can't wait to get to Universal.

I hope you do get to stay at WL one day. Honestly we loved it and I can't wait to go back there.

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
So glad you are loving the Boardwalk now Abby. It really is a wonderful and very convenient location 😀 You really have had an amazing trip with so much good food and of course cocktails sounds! Ale and Compass looks fab. Enjoy Sanaa today - I’ll be watching for updates and recommendations as we are there tonight for dinner! I love the soup and the bread of course 😀 Can’t wait for the Universal restaurants too as we aren’t getting there this trip so need ideas for next time! Take care
Sanaa update is coming shortly hopefully in time for your visit. We really enjoyed it. I can heartily recommend the mojito if you want a refreshing cocktail. Plus we saw loads of animals. Zebra, giraffe, a bird with a mohican that Dave looked up the name for but I've since forgotten and wildebeest. It was great.

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I kept adding Ale & Compass to the list then removing it. We haven’t been since it was Captains Grille. I think when you’re so close to all these restaurants it’s a waste not to go!
We've never eaten there before and the lunch menu I different to the dinner menu I'd happily go back for either as it was such a lovely atmosphere and the food and service were excellent.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Mmmmm pretzels and some excellent margaritas 😍
Couldn't have put it better myself! It was a great day for food and drink.

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Oooh Ale and Compass looks brilliant- we have it on the list too. 😁 yay for margaritas and pretzels, a brilliant ending to your day. 🍹💕
Is yours a lunch or dinner reservation? I'd like to see their dinner too as the menu looks good for dinner. Either way I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
Oh, my. What a great mix of food and alcohol ☺️ Just caught up on a few days. Nine dragons and The Boathouse now on my list for next year! So pleased you’re all having such a great time!
They were both delicious. Years ago we ate at the QS in China and it was OK, but this was really good. I'm glad we tried it out as something a but different too. The Boathouse has such a huge menu we will have to go back many times I think.

Old 11 Aug 22, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Day 15

I heated the leftover Mickey pretzel and cheese for Kate to have for breakfast. This actually heated up well in the microwave and she was happy with her breakfast.

After a lovely morning at AK we caught the bus over to AKL for our lunch at Sanaa. Our reservation was for 1.15pm and we checked in at 1pm and went outside to look at the animals. We’d only been out there 4 minutes and I got a text to say our table was ready.

Dave and I ordered the African Star Mojito. This was excellent and very refreshing.

Kate went for a coke. She spotted a hidden mickey in the table.

We had to have the bread service and all the dips and chutneys. We all very much enjoyed this and ate the lot!

I convinced the other two to just order 2 main courses. I did add an order of samosa, which were lovely but we didn’t really need them.

For the mains we had butter chicken and chickpea wat, braised beef and a masala side dish that I can’t remember the name of but it had what looked like kidney beans.

Kate enjoyed the chicken and Dave and I both preferred the beef, which was very tender. I also liked the chick peas, but both this and the other bean dish weren’t finished.

It was a fab meal and I was pleased we made a trip over for it. We nearly finished all the food which is pretty good going.

Kate was keen for me to see the toilets. They were pretty posh!

We had a look around Jambo House before returning home via HS bus. I picked up some zebra domes from Mara for us to try later.

These are still in the fridge as none of us are hungry yet.

Next up our last evening at WDW will be at Epcot and we will attempt to eat more food and wine snacks. I’m such a sucker for a tick list and we are close to getting the full set of stamps on the passport.

Old 11 Aug 22, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Fab updates.
Ale and Compass looks good as does Sanaa and that bread service, I might dream about that and the jalapeño pretzel. 😂
Enjoy your last Disney night.
Old 11 Aug 22, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

What a great couple of food days! Loving the look of the fries at Ale & Compass.

I’m so looking forward to that bread service 😋
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Glad you enjoyed Sanaa
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Glad you had such a good time at Sanaa, and everything looked stunning.

The bread service is a firm favourite and those domes are to die for
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List