Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Fab updates.
Ale and Compass looks good as does Sanaa and that bread service, I might dream about that and the jalapeño pretzel. 😂
Enjoy your last Disney night.
I hope you had good dreams! We had a fab last night. And I can't wait to get to Universal.

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
What a great couple of food days! Loving the look of the fries at Ale & Compass.

I’m so looking forward to that bread service 😋
The fries at Ale and Compass were good. I'm so glad the server ignored me and went to get them from the kitchen. Yummy and crispy and salty. Perfect!

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Glad you enjoyed Sanaa
It was good and nice to try something a little different.

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Glad you had such a good time at Sanaa, and everything looked stunning.

The bread service is a firm favourite and those domes are to die for
Everyone raves about the bread service and now I can see why. It was delicious.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 03:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sanaa looks so beautiful, their bread service is fantastic and all your curries looked delicious. Have a fantastic night at Epcot, I can’t wait to see what fantastic treats you manage to eat! Have a great hotel move tomorrow and yay for your Universal holiday 💖
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 03:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Day 15

We had the zebra domes as a snack before going to Epcot. Dave and I had 1 and we let Kate have 2.

These were super. Lovely light mousse and a crisp base. Yummy!

We stopped at the Canada booth as this has one of the stamps to collect.

We had the cheddar and bacon soup with pretzel roll and a 6oz lager for me and a merlot for Dave.

This was OK. I don’t really get the cheddar soup thing. Dave liked it. I dipped my share of pretzel roll in but that was it. Both Kate and I were happy for Dave to finish it.

We went to the Alps and got the Raclette with ham to share. This had lovely roasted new potatoes, mini gherkins, the melted cheese and ham, with a chunk of bread. It was good to share.

It doesn't look that good from the photo as all you can see is cheese and bread. But honestly there's a couple of slices of ham, 3 gherkins and at least 5 mini potoatoes under all that cheese. We really liked it.

That’s 5 stamps. And that's where our food and wine journey ends. Perhaps we'd have made a better show of it if we'd begun at the start of the holiday when we had more stamina. But we enjoyed our first foray into this.

At Regal Eagle Smokehouse we mobile ordered 2 kids meals for Kate and I and a chicken salad for Dave.
Kate had a cheeseburger with fries and onion rings, with a coke.

I had ribs, with fries, onion rings and a diet coke. Dave had chicken salad.

To drink I also ordered a Tennessee lemonade and Dave had a Sam Adams beer.

The onion rings and fries were fab. I'm not sure I was really in the mood for ribs I sort of just picked at them.

Dave loved his salad, but it was huge and he couldn't finish it.

And that's the end of the WDW food and cocktails

Next up, tomorrow, we move over to Universal for the last 5 days of our trip.

Edited at 03:42 AM.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 03:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Sanaa looks so beautiful, their bread service is fantastic and all your curries looked delicious. Have a fantastic night at Epcot, I can’t wait to see what fantastic treats you manage to eat! Have a great hotel move tomorrow and yay for your Universal holiday 💖
It was a good last day. I got to watch the Lion King show before we went to lunch and I love that show and then this evening we watched Harmonius again. It was fab! I'm looking forward to getting to Universal though. That's going to be a lot of fun!

Old 12 Aug 22, 05:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
What a great few good days! And an brill ending to your Disney part. We check into endless summer on Monday I’ll keep my eye out for you 😊
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Oh Abby what a shame that HBD didn't impress. I agree they should have made some effort with the flights, such a shame. That salad did look lovely though, I'm glad you manage to enjoy that at least.

Pretzels and margs for the win How lovely of the CM to remember you were coming back for the pretzel for Kate. Its the little things isn't it? Although I'm mind blown that I've never thought to warm a Mickey pretzel up

Sanaa is such a lovely restuarant, I don't think the food gets the recognition it should. Your meals look lovely and you just HAVE to get the bread service I hope you enjoy the zebra domes when you come to eat them

I don't think the heat helps with appetites for Food and Wine too, such a shame you just missed out completing it. Regal Eagle looks nice too, especially those onion rings.

Really looking forward to your Universal journey now X

Edited at 12:11 PM.
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Glad you enjoyed Sana’a but can’t believe you didn’t have a dessert
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
What a great few good days! And an brill ending to your Disney part. We check into endless summer on Monday I’ll keep my eye out for you 😊
Hurrah! I hope you have a brilliant time and enjoy universal. See you Monday!

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Oh Abby what a shame that HBD didn't impress. I agree they should have made some effort with the flights, such a shame. That salad did look lovely though, I'm glad you manage to enjoy that at least.

Pretzels and margs for the win How lovely of the CM to remember you were coming back for the pretzel for Kate. Its the little things isn't it? Although I'm mind blown that I've never thought to warm a Mickey pretzel up

Sanaa is such a lovely restuarant, I don't think the food gets the recognition it should. Your meals look lovely and you just HAVE to get the bread service I hope you enjoy the zebra domes when you come to eat them

I don't think the heat helps with appetites for Food and Wine too, such a shame you just missed out completing it. Regal Eagle looks nice too, especially those onion rings.

Really looking forward to your Universal journey now X
The pretzel was quite hard when I got it out the fridge, I'm sure it didn't need to be in there but as I didn't have tupperware I just put it between 2 plates. Anyway, it had to be heated to soften it a bit and it worked a treat. Kate said it tasted normal.

Regal Eagle was good and the child portions are the perfect size. Only around $8 or $9 with 2 sides and a fountain soda. We have enjoyed the child portions.

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
Glad you enjoyed Sana’a but can’t believe you didn’t have a dessert
I know it’s shameful isn't it? The only times I've managed dessert are when I've ordered appetisers as my meal! And even then I haven't always finished the dessert. Dave and I were saying we can't remember how we used to cope on the DDP when you were forced to have dessert...I know it was always a choice but we always did have dessert and usually far more snacks during the day too...we are definitely not on our A game foodwise.

Old 12 Aug 22, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Leebie3376
Proud to wear my Ears

All I can think about now is eating zebra domes and ice cream cookie sandwiches 😁
Leebie3376 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

A nice end to the Disney fun in Epcot. I wish I could have the Sanaa bread service tonight with some nice wine!
Hope you have the best time at Universal.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List