Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Aug 22, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by °o°-Hannah-°o° View Post
I’m sorry but I completely disagree. We have been here since the 26th and haven’t paid for genie at all. We have taken advantage of the early opening to hit the big rides and returned to the parks on several occasions to ride the others and also do the bigger rides again. We have ridden Rise twice, smugglers, flights of passage, soarin’ etc with less than 30 min waits. We have also done some late nights in the parks to take advantage of lower wait times. We avoid the hottest times of day.

I sadly think that all the negativity on the boards means that people are coming out here with negative expectations and then looking for faults. We’ve experienced not one negative issue that is worth complaining about.

It's not negatively..it's how people feel. There's families like yours that have had no issues. It works for you as a family ... others clearly have found it wanting it doesn't work for them

I'm unsure why people just can't accept it works for some nor for others ...that's not being negative it's how people feel

Edited
Bit in bold ...see I can't do that... I can't hit Parks early...

Edited at 08:35 PM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I feel your pain. I had so many issues when I stayed at Beach Club in 2019 Disney gave me 5 complimentary nights at the deluxe resort of my choice. Those 5 nights don't have an expiration date and I'm going to use them next year.
It’s got even worse …
So they upgraded us to club level at yacht which is great but as we have checked in they’ve charged another 7k to our credit card even though we have paid in full so that’s nearly the whole credit on our card gone until they pay it back.
It’s an absolute joke and we’re absolutely fuming.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
It’s got even worse …
So they upgraded us to club level at yacht which is great but as we have checked in they’ve charged another 7k to our credit card even though we have paid in full so that’s nearly the whole credit on our card gone until they pay it back.
Oh god what a mess 😡
Hope it’s sorted ASAP 🤞

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
It’s got even worse …
Omg that’s terrible. Hopefully they repay it immediately, I know when we’ve stayed at Universal it always takes ages to get the ‘ hold’ back, don’t think Disney is as bad. ( I know it’s not the hold they’ve taken, they’ve charged you for the bloody hotel which you’ve already paid!)
Please let us know what happens. Hope you can manage to have some fun despite all of this.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I think those who have loads of dosh utilise the VIP tours. Seeing more and more of those in action. Mind you it seems the purchasers of those also like the Cast Member to push the stroller and carry the shopping. Unbelievable.
That is what partner and i will do next time - VIP tour not push a a stroller (unless I am in it as my feet are tired !) That way we can fit in on one day all we need to do - one day is enough for me/us and that is what we doing in California - booed one for Universal Hollywood and looking at doing same next time on Orlando for Disney (Disney in California is a doddle and doesn’t even need Genie+) - I see it as in investment/one off …….
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
I never understand this mindset that people have. Universal on the face of it, yes it’s cheaper. But you’re getting less for your money.

Universal 14 day is £305 vs Disneys £509

Universal only has two parks so it works out around £152.50 per park or £101 if you include the 1 waterpark.

Whereas Disney has four parks £127.25 per park or £84.83 including 2 waterparks.

Universals ticket will rise in price once Epic Universe opens too.
Isn't this my choice? We are doing NYC and Florida, so only few days so Universal is better for us as never been before plus kids want to do other things. We also got tickets on special.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
Omg that’s terrible. Hopefully they repay it immediately, I know when we’ve stayed at Universal it always takes ages to get the ‘ hold’ back, don’t think Disney is as bad. ( I know it’s not the hold they’ve taken, they’ve charged you for the bloody hotel which you’ve already paid!)
Please let us know what happens. Hope you can manage to have some fun despite all of this.
Plus side .. the room is really nice and they left a lovely gift for Isabella 🤣

Dh is foaming at the mouth though as apparently it could be 4-5 days till it’s back.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

You got upgraded to club level though!
How did you manage that?!
Old 12 Aug 22, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

It's not the queue for the rides that would get me, it's the battle with the crowds.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
It's not negatively..it's how people feel. There's families like yours that have had no issues. It works for you as a family ... others clearly have found it wanting it doesn't work for them

I'm unsure why people just can't accept it works for some nor for others ...that's not being negative it's how people feel

Edited
Bit in bold ...see I can't do that... I can't hit Parks early...
When we’re awake at 4am, we’re very grateful to be able to enter the parks early.

Personally speaking I wouldn’t go on holiday go somewhere that wasn’t going to work for me. It’s not like all of the information isn’t out there for people to see before coming across. With all the complaints I’m seeing about Disney, it’ll be a much quieter place to visit