Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 12 Aug 22, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

What a fab way to end your stay with the food and wine offerings. Can’t wait to see the next few days at Universal 🥳
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Leebie3376 View Post
All I can think about now is eating zebra domes and ice cream cookie sandwiches 😁
Ha ha 😂 yep it's great reading food reports isn't it? Xx

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
A nice end to the Disney fun in Epcot. I wish I could have the Sanaa bread service tonight with some nice wine!
Hope you have the best time at Universal.
It was a great last day at Disney. All checked in at the new hotel and very survived RRR so I'm calling that a win.

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
What a fab way to end your stay with the food and wine offerings. Can’t wait to see the next few days at Universal 🥳
The food and wine Raclette from the Alps was so good. I couldn't believe all the little potatoes and ham underneath the cheese, and then there were gherkins! I'm sure if I'd bothered to read the menu properly I'd have known but it was yummy.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Day 16

We packed up and checked out of Boardwalk Villas, said our goodbyes to WDW and checked in to the Doubletree Hilton at the entrance of Universal Orlando.

When we checked in we got a welcome cookie, this really was welcomed by us as neither Kate nor I had eaten breakfast.

They were delicious walnut and chocolate chip.

We went to the Miller’s Ale House next door and Kate had a coke.

I straight out copied Michelle and ordered the strawberry mule and Dave went for the mojito. He enjoyed his mojito very much, light and refreshing.

For food I had to have to zinger mountain melt with both blue cheese and ranch dressing. This is our first visit to Millers and it seemed fitting that I at least try this. The chicken was good! The fries were also good, but wow its a huge portion.

Kate went for chicken fajitas with guacamole. She very much enjoyed this. She loves Mexican food and said this was good, but could have been a little spicier.

Dave had the 10oz steak with fries and seasonal vegetables which were squash, zucchini and peppers.

Kate made a good attempt at her fajitas eating all 4 wraps and most of the chicken.

I made a very poor attempt at my zingers mountain melt, it was tasty but it defeated me. This is after I'd finished!

We enjoyed it here very much.

After Rip Ride Rockit I needed a bit of a sit down and a beer to celebrate being alive.

I has a notification that our room was ready so we headed back, unpacked and nipped to the local Walgreens for some essential supplies.

These should last at least 24 hours! Kate is currently enjoying cheetos.

Quick couple of room photos.

It's OK and a decent size, it will certainly do us for the last few days.

It looks like the rain is stopped now so ae are going to head back to Universal and Islands of Adventure tonight.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Wow, that cookie looks so good! So you all did well at Millers, that mountain melt is huge! You did well to attempt it on your own. 😁 that’s great that Kate enjoyed her fajitas and that’s nice to see some veggies on Dave’s plate.

You are one brave lady and certainly earned your beer after RRR! I’m impressed 😆 your room snacks look awesome and I hope you have a great night at the parks. Xx
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Wow, that cookie looks so good! So you all did well at Millers, that mountain melt is huge! You did well to attempt it on your own. 😁 that’s great that Kate enjoyed her fajitas and that’s nice to see some veggies on Dave’s plate.

You are one brave lady and certainly earned your beer after RRR! I’m impressed 😆 your room snacks look awesome and I hope you have a great night at the parks. Xx
Funnily enough Dave said the veggies were the most he's eaten in the last 2 weeks put together 😂

I'm looking forward to Hulk. I love that ride.

Kate is finally ready so we are now leaving the hotel room! Xx

Old 13 Aug 22, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Ha ha 😂 yep it's great reading food reports isn't it? Xx

It was a great last day at Disney. All checked in at the new hotel and very survived RRR so I'm calling that a win.

The food and wine Raclette from the Alps was so good. I couldn't believe all the little potatoes and ham underneath the cheese, and then there were gherkins! I'm sure if I'd bothered to read the menu properly I'd have known but it was yummy.
Love love love cheese with anything so it would be right up my street
Old 13 Aug 22, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Aw the new hotel seems nice and what a snack haul - I’m very jealous!

Love Millers Zinger Mountain Melt and you did well to finish as much as you did but I have to say Kate has chose some fab food - those fajitas look right up my street and I like the make your own style so you can add what you want to each wrap.

Lovely start to your universal stay
Old 13 Aug 22, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Hope they served the cookie warm - they do in the UK ones. Well done on room snackage and RRR. The food looks lovely as well - love a bit of texmex.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Millers looked great. I could never finish the zingers either.

How’s the hotel? Can you walk across to Universal?

You totally deserved a beer after rip ride, it takes time for your bones to realign after that one. If you love Hulk you’ll love Velocicoaster - so smooth. Hope you get to ride it today.
Old 13 Aug 22, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Pep
Imagineer

Never had a mountain melt the more I see it more I got to have one! Think DW and I will share one though then we got room for cake after !
Pep is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List