Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 13 Aug 22, 01:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The menu for today (I forgot to post this earlier)

Dinner was chicken empanadas, chopped Asian salad and cheese and crackers. Only Cooper was hungry but the lounge was busy and noisy and he said he would rather eat in the room. The Staff were excellent and gave us a ‘to go’ box so we could pick what we wanted and take it back to the room. It was a very beige dinner and there are no salad photos as there wasn’t any when we went in. I’m sure they were organising it but Cooper did not want to wait.

The Lounge was hopping, busy, loud and full of people. It wasn’t unpleasant but I would suggest you get there early should you want a table.
They also gave me wine to take back to the room #winning and I even managed to pop back for a refill. I know I keep saying it but the Staff are excellent, super helpful, patient and nothing is ever too much trouble.

Dessert was served from 8pm and whilst it was a small choice, it was all fantastic.
Mini Oreo cheesecakes, these were sensational and I probably could have eaten the plate (I only had one!)

Chocolate, chocolate chip cookies. These were light and crunchy with a hint of chocolate and vanilla m&m’s cookies. Great cookies with lovely crunchy m&m’s

Mini red velvet cakes, these were light with a perfect crumb.

A great little dessert buffet with some fantastic petit fours. A sweet end to a brilliant day! 😍

Edited at 02:01 AM.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 02:15 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Apprentice Imagineer

Salt grass looked amazing - also liking your club room offerings 😊
DisneyMemories is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 02:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Abby, I lived to tell the tale and I think you are much braver than me! You will be awesome 😍
Annoyingly it got closed due to inclement weather. So it was a bust.

Next time.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
So glad you enjoyed the Green Eggs and Ham tots. The pizza ones are good too.

Nice to see you enjoyed Saltgrass, it was definitely one of our top meals of the trip and I agree good value.

Club level is looking fab and how nice you ran into George.
Old 13 Aug 22, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

RPR club level looks amazing, what a gorgeous looking breakfast- i would probably have to be prised away from the Mimosas though 😆 ohhh theme park gift shops i have missed you 😍 some great treats at IOA! Those tots look so good (i think they are on our list too but my knowledge of food in the Universal parks is lacking so i will be looking to you for inspo)
All i heard from Saltgrass was extensive cocktail menu 😆 and you made an excellent choice Marg and fizz together what a winner! Queso fresco is one of my favs yum yum yum! Everything else looks great too, i think i might ditch Longhorns for our steak fix and go here as we will have $25 of our $50 Landry left
So glad to hear the staff are treating you well at Universal xx

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Those pastries at panera bread look really tasty and your lunch at Millers. We loved club level at RPR when we did it back in 2015. They've clearly refurbished the club room since then though. You are so brave getting on velocicoaster. There is no way I'm going to even try.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
The menu for today (I forgot to post this earlier)

Dinner was chicken empanadas, chopped Asian salad and cheese and crackers. Only Cooper was hungry but the lounge was busy and noisy and he said he would rather eat in the room. The Staff were excellent and gave us a ‘to go’ box so we could pick what we wanted and take it back to the room. It was a very beige dinner and there are no salad photos as there wasn’t any when we went in. I’m sure they were organising it but Cooper did not want to wait.

The Lounge was hopping, busy, loud and full of people. It wasn’t unpleasant but I would suggest you get there early should you want a table.
They also gave me wine to take back to the room #winning and I even managed to pop back for a refill. I know I keep saying it but the Staff are excellent, super helpful, patient and nothing is ever too much trouble.

Dessert was served from 8pm and whilst it was a small choice, it was all fantastic.
Mini Oreo cheesecakes, these were sensational and I probably could have eaten the plate (I only had one!)

Chocolate, chocolate chip cookies. These were light and crunchy with a hint of chocolate and vanilla m&m’s cookies. Great cookies with lovely crunchy m&m’s

Mini red velvet cakes, these were light with a perfect crumb.

A great little dessert buffet with some fantastic petit fours. A sweet end to a brilliant day! 😍
OMG I thought this was wine for breakfast then 🤷🤦Not nearly as acceptable as cake for breakfast though
All those desserts look AMAZING 🙊🙊🙊
I’m very jealous😩
Enjoy it all

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Saw this on Insta and thought of you and Abby 😆🥂🍊

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I’m struggling to say anything as I am 100% focused on that froserita 😍 Saltgrass was well worth a visit. I feel like I can’t even mention Green Eggs and Ham tater tots as I am so in need of that drink. I do love a frozen Coronarita but my word I think the froze looks like heaven in a glass….do you think you could go back to get another one for me please 😋
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyMemories View Post
Salt grass looked amazing - also liking your club room offerings 😊
Thanks DM, if it wasn’t for Rescuer and The Dibb I wouldn’t have known about Saltgrass! The food was fantastic and I am still dreaming about thise Brussel Sprouts 😁

The Club Room is perfect- from the Staff to the food options!

I hope you are having an amazing holiday too! Xx

Edited at 12:16 PM.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List