Rolling in the upside down day 7 - 10/7/22 - Breaking the Ice

Index is here

Plan
Sea world ✅
Sharks u/w grill❌
Applebees❌

Upside downs 0

Steps 19k

Weather - what can I say very hot with some crazy rain again today.

No surprise that Ds and Dh were shattered this morning after the long delay at the football and their really late night. Nobody was up for any kind of early morning activity.

Starbucks to start - Almond cappuccino and I bought the triple cheese selection and had it with almond low carb cookies - Dh had half and ate the crackers and fruit.

Ds had a frappaccino and a slice of cinnamon coffee cake.

Seaworld was on the plan and we decided to stick with that and maybe just not stay all day like we’d planned.

We got an Uber and arrived at Seaworld about 11.30am. It was roasting and pretty busy but it didn’t take too long to get in.

Manta wasn’t showing a wait time on the app but it was showing 95 minutes as we walked in. Probably an inflated wait time but we weren’t up for finding out.

We reactived the mug for $5.99 on our way around to our favourite, Mako. It was walk on again. You get such a good view from the stairs.

We didn’t bother waiting for front row but we did try the back. Oh no, I much prefer the front row on this ride. We also did a random middle row. Still no one seating anyone or sorting out rows but because it wasn’t busy it was actually working.

We walked through the Sesame Street area, it’s so cute and the splash bit looked amazing for wee ones. There wasn’t a great deal of shade though.

We struggled to find any mug stations that were open and working between Mako and our walk around to ice breaker. It was roasting and I really wanted a drink.

There is a large bar area with lots of new freestyle machines just before you get to Ice Breaker.

We were keen to try this out, it wasn’t at all what we thought it would be like. The line said 30 minutes but it only took 20. The restraints are a bit weird and the space you have is really tight. Once you are in it you can see why, with too much room to move you’d hurt yourself. It’s fast but just sort of a bit like RC Racer but faster and tougher. I didn’t really like it neither did Ds.

We made sure to fill the mug again before leaving this area, just as well as we were struggling again to find another station on the walk to the front of the park. The fact that there’s none in the courtyard but with all the eating places is beyond me.

Ds was a bit peckish and I’d mentioned I’d saw a window selling beignets round the corner so we stopped and got some of them for him and Dh to share with Nutella. They looked and smelled amazing. We got the mug filled at the window as well. They got 6 fairly large ones. They thought they were amazing! $11.99

I was a little jealous but stuck to my mini kind bar as my treat.

We’d not done that much but we’d had enough, there was rain forecast. Again after checking the Itrolley times and saw there was a south one due we decided we’d head to the outlets for a wee visit and grab a Shake Shack - you can guess that might have been my suggestion feed my newly found burger habit.

We had a quick wander around the Disney shop before lunch. I noticed they had quite a few Dooney and Bourke bags but I wasn’t looking for any. A bit of a mish mash of stock. I picked up a nice top which was really reasonable but I thought most of the stuff was pretty overpriced even after the discount.

Lunch next. Shake Shack my absolute new favourite.Ds was a bit hungry today so had the smoke stack but just a single and a vanilla shake with some fries between him and Dh.

Dh had a double smoke stack and ended up picking off loads of the peppers - sacrilege!

I had the smoke stack - a double of course this time as I’d learnt my lesson last time.

All great, really tasty!

$50

I nipped into Kate Spade while they went to the loo. They had lots of good bargains and I picked up a gorgeous yellow bag, smaller than I normally buy but great. This was a complete bargain at $50.

We popped into Adidas again. Dh and Ds got some more shorts and a couple of tops. Everything was 40% off. We got to the till and we were $90 so I went and grabbed an extra pair of shorts for Ds in the next size up and that brought our total down to $84 with the extra $20 off a $100.

We were flagging again and we’d only meant to do a couple of shops and request an Uber. We looked outside and the rain was mental.

We managed to wander round the corner staying undercover and requested an Uber. It was 4.30pm and raining I checked Uber and Lyft they were both going to be a wee while. We waited 12 minutes I think which I’m the scheme of things isn’t that bad. It cost $15.

I was then regretting that we were moving hotels as I had to try and pack everything up. It’s not like we’d bought that much and I’d only really unpacked 1 case but these things still seem to take an age and we also had a mountain of drinks and snacks to go somewhere. It took less time than I’d thought right enough…

Again evening plan was Seaworld or Universal and in true can’t be bothered style we decided that Universal would do. 😂

We had no plan which I have to say I was quite liking 😂 We waited 5 minute on a bus and headed in to islands of Adventure. It was about 7.45pm.

Doom was quiet, a 5 minutes wait so we thought why not? I’m not sure we’ve been in the actual line many times before, it’s quite cool.

After we were done we thought we’d go round to Suess Landings and do the trolley as it started to get dark. As we were walking round and passed Confisco Grill. I asked if anyone was hungry and should we try a walk there. Everyone was really keen. The other 2 really like the food there and so do I but I hadn’t been since switching diets.

We only waited a few minutes before we were seated. It’s never that fast in here but the food is fresh and normally good.

Ds had the pad Thai, he loved it. We’ve both had it there before and it is great. He had a Diet Coke.

Dh went for the pan fried salmon with rice and asparagus, it was really good. He had a Yuengling.

I had the salmon Caesar salad. It was lovely and a really good sized portion. I also had a Pinot Grigio.

Really nice end to the night, very filled and I remembered the annual pass discount and we used a Mardi Gras card to pay. We’d bought extra in Feb these cards cost $120 and you got $150 food card that doesn’t expire. Great deal.

By the time we were done it was 9pm, the park was open for another hour but we didn’t fancy any of the big rides after a really nice meal.

As we left we walked through the Christmas shop and picked up a lovely grinch decoration.

I was fancying a Menchies to end the night and we walked out that way but the line was crazy so no dessert ( I did have a pineapple and coconut cream ice drink later).

We could see from the walk ways that there was a massive bus line again. We weren’t worried as we knew they’d manage it. Just as we got done into the line the heavens opened and the rain was bouncing!

We were lucky as were undercover.

Again the line kept moving although no one was up for standing under the gaps in the roof 😂. It took 10 minutes just to get on a bus which I didn’t think was bad.

Edited at 11:27 AM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Both salmon dishes look delicious - made a mental note to try these out.

You are doing so well to stick to your new low carb living - I know the rewards have been fantastic for you but it must be so hard when your husband and son indulge in some carbs in front of you
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Lily8 View Post
Both salmon dishes look delicious - made a mental note to try these out.

You are doing so well to stick to your new low carb living - I know the rewards have been fantastic for you but it must be so hard when your husband and son indulge in some carbs in front of you
Thanks. Confisco is nice and you can’t beat a bit of nicely cooked salmon.

Thanks it’s not so bad now but I did struggle a bit at the start with that and there were times in the Feb trip I got a bit frustrated. At home I have a little carbs but I’m still very strict on what it is and how much. It’s very much about just not wanting to feel as rubbish as I did before. I just had my check at the nurse and thought my level might be up for the last 3 months as I’ve been a bit more chilled but it was down again so hoping when I speak to her she will confirm the diabetes is in remission.
Old 14 Aug 22, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day sounds like a nice evening meal

Joan
Old 15 Aug 22, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another good day sounds like a nice evening meal

Joan
Thanks Joan. It was great and nice to be able to a bit of spur of the moment dining in a park.
Old 28 Aug 22, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Packing up is never fun, but at least it was just to go to another hotel and not to go home! A chilled out day, seems like you timed it just right with the rain.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 22, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Packing up is never fun, but at least it was just to go to another hotel and not to go home! A chilled out day, seems like you timed it just right with the rain.
This trip I felt we were really lucky with the rain. 🤞we have the same luck in October.
Old 4 Sep 22, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I love your yellow bag. You did well to miss the rain!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 22, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I love your yellow bag. You did well to miss the rain!
Thanks. It’s really nice and goes with everything so it was really a necessity 😂😂
Old 7 Sep 22, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Nice, relaxed pace again today. You did well with your shopping again today, and also with dodging the rain.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List