Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 9 Aug 22, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

I’m not sure where you’re flying from but I’ve found that makes more of a difference to what they want you to do with medical liquids.

So for example, at Manchester, the security made me unbox from original packing approx. 30 injections as they contained liquid and place them in a separate tray on their own then scanned them then swabbed them. They weren’t counted as part of my liquid allowance as they’re medication.

Gatwick, told me to leave them in their boxes and scanned them in my suitcase. Again, they weren’t counted towards my liquids allowance.

I had my prescription and letter from consultant - no one asked to see either at any point.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

What ever you do ALL medicines need to be in their original packaging and if it is prescription medicine it needs to have the patient label on the package.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

My DD is T1 diabetic. Her insulin is in a frio cold bag to keep it at the right temperature. I have never even taken it out of our bag and it has only ever been checked once in 11 years of her being a T1D.

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
What ever you do ALL medicines need to be in their original packaging and if it is prescription medicine it needs to have the patient label on the package.
Not true for all countries. In France we don’t have labels on our medications. We just get given the box. Though I always take the prescription that goes with it (though again over here we get to keep the prescription after it is filled!)

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 22, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
I wish this was true at MAN. They literally made me unpack several boxes of injections in to a tray. I had to remove all original packaging, and they scanned them without it. Not one box, label, prescription or letter was checked.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 22, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Just an update - absolutely no issue whatsoever going out from Liverpool - will see what the return leg is like .

We had them in a big food bag and as they were all 100ml or less he just said put them in the tray like other stuff . Didn’t get any proof of check the labels

I’ve never really thought about it before but think if you did want to take more than one clear bag of shampoos etc ( even without meds ) then think if you split over two trays just for yourself no-one would bat an eyelid
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List