Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 22 May 08, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
*source*
Imagineer

Where the Ocean Meets the Sky, I'll be Sailing! ~ Day Two

Today: Labadee, Haiti

Me ~ Chief Planner and Organiser of this trip!
DH ~ The reason behind the Cruise ~ didn't want to do Florida again unless we did something different so I found something different!
DD ~ 7 ~ Pretty laid back and well used to travelling as we live on an Island so just gets on with it!
DS ~ 4 ~ As long as his sister is with him he is happy!

DMIL and DFIL came with us too ~ totally chilled out great in-laws!

This morning we woke up and saw land - it was really exciting - as we have never cruised before it had been the longest we had been on a ship before!

It was really luscious and green. It was Labadee, Haiti - Royal Caribbean's privately owned Island. We tendered here (very well organised except that if you were waiting in the line and an elevator came down then the people in the elevators got to the front before the people waiting at the back which could have been frustrating). We were up and about quite early so had no real issues.

If you are doing this Cruise I would recommend having Room Service on this morning and asking for it quite early as the Windjammer was really busy. My inlaws ate breakfast in the Dining Room which was far more civilised I believe! They were announcing around 8am that there was no line for the tenders so that would have been an ideal time to get down there. By 9 it was getting busier.

We went to the Flea Market first after dropping the kids off at the Adventure Ocean play park which was supervised by the RC staff. We only put them there for less than an hour so we didn't have to take them to the Flea Market. We were actually quite sad here - Haiti is the poorest Country in the Western Hemisphere and they were desperate to sell to you as the Cruise Ship Guests are their only real source of income. The outside part of the Market was much more civilised than inside.

There was jet ski-ing here or the Labadee Zip Line, also a water park but we didn't do any activities here - just relaxed at the beach and swam - also took a walk to Dragons Breath which was really cool If you are planning the Zip Line then the heavier the are the faster you go apparently! We saw some poor lady who didn't even get to the end and had to be pulled in We thought it was quite funny but she probably didnt!

I would recommend Bare Foot Beach the most out of all the beaches on Labadee. It was lovely. There were hammocks and it was really relaxing. RC provided a barbeque at lunchtime and the kids did a bit more swimming before we headed back to the ship to find out what type of towel animal would be waiting for us tonight

Day 3: Jamaica to follow!

Edited at 11:35 AM.
*source* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 08, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Great pics again Dont know that I have ever fancied a cruise but looking at your pictures is very tempting Cant wait for Jamaica
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 08, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
*source*
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PrincessX2 View Post
Great pics again Dont know that I have ever fancied a cruise but looking at your pictures is very tempting Cant wait for Jamaica
I had never considered one before but it is as addictive as the DIBB
*source* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 08, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Ste
Imagineer

Ste's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I can't wait for Labadee.
Ste is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 08, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post

Another fantastic report with lovely photos.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 08, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
*source*
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ste View Post
I can't wait for Labadee.
You gonna do the Zipline Ste?

Barefoot Beach is lovely... I recommend an early breakfast (maybe in your room?) and then down to the tenders early so you get a hammock or a seat to relax on!

They do a lovely barbeque at lunchtime too ~ can't remember if I mentioned that before
Old 20 Jun 08, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Ste
Imagineer

Ste's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by *source* View Post
You gonna do the Zipline Ste?

Barefoot Beach is lovely... I recommend an early breakfast (maybe in your room?) and then down to the tenders early so you get a hammock or a seat to relax on!

They do a lovely barbeque at lunchtime too ~ can't remember if I mentioned that before
I'm tempted , but I reckon I'd chicken out! Think I'd rather relax on the beach.
Ste is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 08, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Its great seeing your pictures, its taking me right back there. I cried when we got to Labadee. l thought it was so beautiful

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List