Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Jun 18, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

totally OT ( i have 3 years to wait for this)

But does anyone know when proms became a thing in the UK ?

I left in 1986 & we didnt even have a 'disco' or anything, we just left...
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

My DD was more upset and worried about the prom than her exams! She is not a girly girly at all, although she does wear make up. I said if she was dreading it that much not to go and so she decided not to. We are going on holiday the next morning so she is using that as an excuse.

it was stressful enough getting her an outfit to go to her half sisters wedding a few weeks ago!
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Moleymole View Post
Thanks Sandra, dh knows someone who knows someone who has managed to book us a RR phantom limo. It was a bit last minute and everything was booked up so in that case we are lucky to get one. Trouble is (long story) we can’t seem to nail him down on how much it will be. I reckon dh is hoping the favour will be the guy pays for it all
That’s good if he pays, I wanted them to go in a Camper Van but they weren’t interested, managed to get a last minute limo which is good. My dh has a white van and said he will take them in the back of that xx
Old 14 Jun 18, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
divachick
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by firsttimemouse View Post
Your dd looks stunning. You must be so proud.
Thank you, thankfully it was a stress free day she loved every minute and wished she could do it all over again , very proud mum .
May 2015 Formosa Gardens,DEC 2013 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando, May 2012 Blue Heron LBV, Oct 2012 Newport Bay DLP, May 2010 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando, Oct 2006 Sequoia Lodge DLP, Oct 2005 Davy Crockett Ranch DLP
divachick is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to the pics. DDs is on 6th July. We’ve got hair, nails and make up booked and stupidly expensive limo which made me cross. I am a fan of the shared bus from school idea! She’s got a short dress even though everyone has long ones. She’s adamant she doesn’t like the long dresses. Stubborn!
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by divachick View Post
My daughters prom was on the 12th the sun was out thankfully was a super proud mum certainly had a tear in my eye
That is a gorgeous dress your daughter looks stunning
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
divachick
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
That is a gorgeous dress your daughter looks stunning
Thank you it was a great day
May 2015 Formosa Gardens,DEC 2013 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando, May 2012 Blue Heron LBV, Oct 2012 Newport Bay DLP, May 2010 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando, Oct 2006 Sequoia Lodge DLP, Oct 2005 Davy Crockett Ranch DLP
divachick is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
Looking forward to the pics. DDs is on 6th July. We’ve got hair, nails and make up booked and stupidly expensive limo which made me cross. I am a fan of the shared bus from school idea! She’s got a short dress even though everyone has long ones. She’s adamant she doesn’t like the long dresses. Stubborn!
My daughter has a Short dress and lovely shoes and bag, got her done hair brown melting in to blonde. She refuses to go to the hairdressers to get her hair styled, won’t get nails done, doing her own makeup. I have offered to pay for it all but she said she would rather have the money. I think a shared bus is also a good idea too, I thought I would have a say in things but apparently not!
Old 15 Jun 18, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Such beautiful dresses !
Can I ask when you all started to shop for them?
My daughter is in year 10 so already getting excited about what to wear lol
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Such beautiful dresses !
Can I ask when you all started to shop for them?
My daughter is in year 10 so already getting excited about what to wear lol
It was my daughters a couple of weeks ago. We only started shopping in April/May and most of her friends had got theirs by then and some got them last summer! We went to a Prom Dress place in Culcheth that isn’t too far from you. They said their season starts in September and most people buy between November and March. They were really helpful and they keep a list of each school so that they don’t sell the same dress to two girls at the same prom!
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List