Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Oct 21, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Baby shower gift

I've just been invited to a friends baby shower. I don't really want to get baby clothes, as I'm sure everyone else will be getting her plenty.

What quirky useful gifts can I get? Budget is around £100 and gender is a surprise.
Old 7 Oct 21, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
So I’d be tempted to go light for the baby shower, I bought my best friend a mobile, but tbh she loved all the creams, nappies, wipes, muslins etc. Her babies gender was as surprise too

I then bought the proper gift when the baby was born. I bought my nieces personalised silver trinket boxes perfect for jewellery or first teeth/hair etc
Old 7 Oct 21, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
What about a Steiff bear?
The White Company for a special blanket (you can get cot blanket and pram blankets)
Or maybe a Newborn photo shoot
Old 7 Oct 21, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
So I’d be tempted to go light for the baby shower, I bought my best friend a mobile, but tbh she loved all the creams, nappies, wipes, muslins etc. Her babies gender was as surprise too

I then bought the proper gift when the baby was born. I bought my nieces personalised silver trinket boxes perfect for jewellery or first teeth/hair etc
Sadly I've moved away now. So I won't be back to see her for a few months after the birth. So its a duel gift I guess.
Old 7 Oct 21, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

I’ve bought a few personalised Beatrix potter books that come with a bunny in a lovely gift box and they’ve been well received. They do only come in blue though. Just realised though, this would have to be after the birth so an utterly useless post from me

cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cheekydeeky View Post
I’ve bought a few personalised Beatrix potter books that come with a bunny in a lovely gift box and they’ve been well received. They do only come in blue though. Just realised though, this would have to be after the birth so an utterly useless post from me

Thats cute! I've seen soo many lovely personalised gifts, but I won't know a name haha.
Old 7 Oct 21, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cheekydeeky View Post

I think this is a lovely gift.

I like books as a gift and the addition of a toy/character just makes it more personal and special.

We bought a nephew Goldilocks and the Three Bears book and three different sized bears when he was a toddler, his favourite story and toys.
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vowels View Post
I think this is a lovely gift.

I like books as a gift and the addition of a toy/character just makes it more personal and special.

We bought a nephew Goldilocks and the Three Bears book and three different sized bears when he was a toddler, his favourite story and toys.
She loves books. I have got a baby's first sensory book as a gift. But I'm wary of getting the classics incase she already receives them. So I'm trying to think outside the box a bit. I think I'm going to go mostly practical with muslins, bibs etc, then maybe a keepsake/special gift 🤔
Old 8 Oct 21, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
jasminedivas
Apprentice Imagineer

jasminedivas's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
If you want to go a little bit different you could get her a hippychick seat. It fits around the waist and has a small seat on it. You don’t see many people with them, I had one with my DS and it was amazing. I used to keep it in the car so that if I needed to dash in somewhere I could put it on and not bed too worry about the buggy. It’s so lovely to be able to carry baby close, but not in a conventional carrier that is hard to put on and off. We took ours on many holidays, day trips etc and I would highly recommend it. It’s a bit of a different present but totally useful and something they are not likely to be bought or buy themselves. You could also buy a more personal gift and some muslins etc with the rest of your budget.

hippychick/shop/hipp...-baby-carrier/

It says from 6 months but I used mine from 4 months.

Comfort Inn LBV 1999, All Star movies 2003/4/6. Villas 2007/8/9/10/12. Wash DC NYE 2012, NY and LV 14. Orlando, NYC & IAD 15, Orlando & beach 16,17. NY & IAD 2019. West coast 2022 planned.
jasminedivas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Can you be my friend lol £100 on a baby gift very nice!
When I go to baby showers I buy a gift for mum as baby will get gift after arrival. Normally some stuff from body shop, or a some fancy sox as it gets cool in delivery room for mum. Xx

Edited at 09:30 AM.
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List