Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Dec 21, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

I definitely need to get myself back on track as well
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 21, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Today's fakeaway is actually takeaway but healthish. It was really nice with some chicken & pomarine seeds, brussels sprouts, cranberies and other things - Christmassy flavors. I had little bit of a trifle but over all I am happy we eat healthier than usually. Lovely walk in the park with the family

I had my booster yesterday, no side effects so far this time - lets hope it continues like this as I felt really off after the second dose.

I have one of the pinch of nom books, I will check the rest. Thanks for the recommendations! I love the garlicy chicken and the nasi goreng

Edited at 07:12 PM.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 21, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I will follow Mediterranean style eating & MFP starting in January. I am trying to loosely follow it now but being realistic about it December.

I ordered the latest Pinch of Nom book and Gwyneth Paltrow's It's all easy. I have the it's all good book and I like it, it's way more normal than I thought it would be considering Gwyneth herself

I will start with 10k goal and will revise upwards in time but for the first month that will do

Walk outdoors later - I am going to do some Christmas shopping in local village. Not sure about fakeaway of the day - maybe pancake house style - make pancakes with oats, banana, egg and berries for topping

Edited at 07:37 AM.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 21, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Great idea I am desperate to change my lifestyle and will follow
Old 20 Dec 21, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
lcm23
Very Serious Dibber

Try the slimming eats website for meal ideas too. I've had lots of great recipes from there but I mainly adapt the meals I used to love pre weight loss and make healthier versions. I.e. use extra lean meat or meat free alternatives where possible, pack out with veg, have a side of veg instead of loads of rice/pasta/potatoes. This way I'm still eating some of the meals I really enjoy but healthier versions. I do try new things also and have some new favourites as a result.

Use something to track what you eat and ensure you track every single thing. It's so easy to go over calories so you need to keep a check on them. Sauces, milk, fruit, veg, cooking oils etc all have calories even if only a small amount but they add up and need including in your tracking. Weight loss is simply science. Calories in Vs calories out. You just need to ensure your calories in are less than your calories out and the weight will come off over time.

Walk as much as you can, its great for the mind, body and soul.

Be as consistent as possible. If you have a 'bad' day, get over it and start again the very next day. A bad day does not need to equal a bad week/month.

Also have a bit of what you fancy or you won't stick to any healthy eating plan. For the record I've lost 7.5st since Feb 2019 and gone from a size 24/26 to a 12/14. I have had chocolate every single day without fail. My chocolate of choice is Flipz chocolate pretzels. I have 8 every evening with a cuppa.

Good luck all.im still on the journey so will be following this thread.
lcm23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 21, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

fakeway of the day i hop inspired pancakes

weightwatchers/uk/re...c7770a07774a66

Old 20 Dec 21, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lcm23 View Post
Also have a bit of what you fancy or you won't stick to any healthy eating plan. For the record I've lost 7.5st since Feb 2019 and gone from a size 24/26 to a 12/14. I have had chocolate every single day without fail. My chocolate of choice is Flipz chocolate pretzels. I have 8 every evening with a cuppa.

Good luck all.im still on the journey so will be following this thread.
AMAZING! well done

Unfortunately walking as much as I can isn't good for me right now as I am dealing with ongoing post viral chronic fatigue and need to moderate my efforts, but I still try to hit 10k and I seem to be ok without. I need to focus on food & tracking. Having said that if I do too little it makes it worse, if i do too much makes it worse - I will have to take it slow. Slower than this year as doing too much caused issues

I am happy enough so far this December that I am maintaining, and while I plan to buckle down January I am not in all out mode but trying to be sensible.

Edited at 10:48 AM.
Old 20 Dec 21, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
lcm23
Very Serious Dibber

Yes you absolutely need to be sensible. When I started my journey my fitness levels were not great and I just started with walking 5km per day and eating better. I then started tracking food and some days walked a bit longer. In July when the gyms opened back up I joined the gym and started to increase my activity levels and have just built up over time. I never would have stuck to it if I'd gone all out from day one as I would have found it too much of a struggle to keep it up. For me it's been about making small changes, seeing improvement, getting used to it then dialling it up a bit. I track on my fitness Pal religiously and have done every day since I started tracking. Even if I'm having a bad day of eating everything in sight, I still track it so I can look back and understand why I might have gained/maintained etc and can see patterns etc.

Good luck with it all and I hope the effects of long COVID subside soon for you. X
lcm23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 21, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

To those who walk every day do you walk in the rain or really windy days etc. There will be many days in January/February when I will look out the window and think there is no way am I going out in that! I live in Scotland.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 21, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I am going to try to do outdoor walk daily. I work form home and I should be able to do at least 10 minutes. However when the weather is dreadful I use walk at home a lot. I join their subscription service for a month when it's really wet and it's only about 5usd.

I just void any high impact. I often have them muted and listen to my own music or podcast

my average daily is 12000 this year, so I managed to keep up the steps

Edited at 12:02 PM.