Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Jan 22, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Oh poor Boris, I hope he is ok, and you too. I would be furious!
Definitely report to the police. I had a similar incident where we were walking past a driveway and a dog shot down the drive, attacked my dog and then tried to bite me when I tried to get him off. The owner gave me a mouthful of abuse so I contacted the dog warden first who advised the Police non emergency number. I got a visit a few days later from couple of lovely PCs who took details and said they were going round to visit them. Their concern was that it was totally unprovoked and could next attack a child.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 22, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Dangerous Dogs Act- Dog Dangerously Out Of Control. You must establish with the police that you were also fearful for the charge to stick. Owner can be arrested, DNA swabbed, court appearance.
Old 7 Jan 22, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Report it to the police
Report it to the council dog warden and rspca
Also go round and see if anyone has cctv of it happening and then if all else fails sue them privately
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 22, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
Oh poor Boris, I hope he is ok, and you too. I would be furious!
Definitely report to the police. I had a similar incident where we were walking past a driveway and a dog shot down the drive, attacked my dog and then tried to bite me when I tried to get him off. The owner gave me a mouthful of abuse so I contacted the dog warden first who advised the Police non emergency number. I got a visit a few days later from couple of lovely PCs who took details and said they were going round to visit them. Their concern was that it was totally unprovoked and could next attack a child.
That would be my fear that the dog could attack a toddler, it needs to be muzzled if it's going around attacking other dogs for no reason at all, it shouldn't be disregarded because it was a dog that was attacked, if a dog is vicious it should be muzzled no ifs or buts, it's someone's loved pet that it's harmed and it's traumatic for owner and dog, that's enough to warrant action taken .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 22, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Oh how awful poor Boris
I'd definitely report it I bet it's attacked other dogs
A child or person might be next or an other dog come off a lot worse that Boris
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 22, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

This is awful - poor Boris (he looks like a lovely dog)
I would be beyond angry - report to the police definitely .
I hope he’s ok - it’s wrong he had to go through surgery for something completely avoidable which you have to pay for .
I have a lab - and I cannot describe politely how angry I would be if this were us.
The main thing is he will be ok
and you didn’t kill anyone !
I hope you are able to take some action against the owner the dog will clearly continue to behave like this as it’s done it before .
Let us know how Boris is bless him and I hope feel better - what a shock .
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 22, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Thank you everyone.
Not heard from the vets since his op yet but hoping no news is good news!
We’ll hopefully be able to pick him up at 5pm.
The police have been very kind and will take it seriously but we need the details of the two witnesses that were there. I now need to find them to ask if they’ll mind putting forward a statement.
Unfortunately no CCTV as it was at the back end of the field we walk him in so no houses overlooking either.

I’ve also filled in a form on the council website, whether they get back to me is anyones guess but I’ll keep trying!

She won’t be able to avoid me/us so if the police can’t do anything legally I’ll be having a word to get her to at least muzzle it and keep him on a lead!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 22, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Your poor dog. I hope he's okay.

It's disgusting that these owners exist. She KNOWS her dog is a danger to others yet still happily let's her dog off the lead.

Our dog was attacked once. It was one of the most traumatic things I've ever been through so I hope you're okay too.

Like yours totally unprovoked. The owner did to the right thing and paid the vets bills but then after on a community post for someone asking for someone to walk with her dog she offered because he's was a 'big friendly bear'... Yeah right!
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 22, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

He’s home but not a happy boy 😞
Op went well but he has the cone of shame and it’s taking some getting use to.

Got to take him back to the vet tomorrow for a check up.
How long to you think the cone has to stay on for?

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 22, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh bless him 💜 I’m pleased the op went well, I’m not surprised he isn’t happy, that cone is huge! Big hugs for Boris and I hope he manages a good nights rest and his vet check up goes well tomorrow. Xx
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List