Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 8 Apr 22, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off To Disney We Go Finally - Day 5 - HS, Mall At Millenia and Cheesecake Factory

Day 5 - Hollywood Studios, Mall At Millenia and Cheesecake Factory

So this morning was a much better start for me 6.30am I woke, woohoo! I put the washing into the dryer that I popped in last night and put another load in, I then made a cuppa and chilled and enjoyed the quiet for half an hour till Noah woke at 7am

Noah sat and read his reading book for a bit then Thomas woke. The boys had some Frosties and I pottered around putting things away and just generally tidying round, they then had a pop tart each and I folded the laundry and put another load in. Caitlin woke at 8am and had breakfast and got ready. The boys got ready too and then watched some TV. Chris was up at 8.15am, I got showered and sorted and managed to out another wash on before we left, 2 loads of washing washed and dried before we left the villa! Woohoo.

Our drive to Hollywood Studios was very quick and we were there in 15 mins and by 9.50am. Our first DAS wasn't until 10.30am for Beauty and The Beast so we had a wander around some shops and grabbed a popcorn refill in our bucket then went to wait for Beauty and The Beast.

On the way I decided to get the wheelchair tag for Noah’s pushchair, particularly after yesterday and we decided we’d used it only as and when he needed it. We enjoyed Beauty and The Beast so much. Mr Grump and I seen the stage show in Sunderland just 4 weeks before we flew out and it was amazing too.

Whilst watching the show I tried to book a slot for Woody’s Lunchbox for lunch but the earliest was 1.45pm! Quick look at the plans and I booked Catalina Eddie’s instead.

Lunch

Noah had a lunchable with some crisps and snacks and I placed a mobile order with Catalina Eddies. Chris and I shared the following:

Caesar Salad with Chicken Heart of Romaine tossed with Croutons, Parmesan Cheese and tangy Caesar Dressing topped with Herb-marinated Chicken Breast - $11.29

Breadsticks Served with Marinara - $4.99

The total was $17.33

We both really enjoyed this. The salad was more than enough for the 2 of us to share and very tasty. I did try a bite of a breadstick but I found them very bland, I think I was expecting them to be garlicky but they didn't seem to be. I also tried the marinara even though I'm not keen on tomato based sauces and it was quite nice, Chris also really enjoyed this. Noah tried the breadstick but said he didn't like it, Caitlin ate 2 breadsticks too. I would definitely go back here for the chicken caesar salad! Chicken caesar is definitely my go to!

I had secured a return time for Toy Story Mania when we were watching Beauty and The Beast as you can book your first in park ride after you’ve checked in to your first pre-booked DAS Pass. Now this was bad planning on my part as this was a return time of 11.43 and Slinky Dog would have been 12.30pm but I thought that would be too late and we'd have a lot of time to fill (forgetting we needed lunch in between). Anyway after lunch off we headed to Toy Story Land for our second DAS Pass Alien Swirling Saucers, this was time for between 11am and 12pm … we arrived at 12.04pm! Luckily it was OK, another first for us and we quote enjoyed it. I get motion sick of certain types of rides so I thought this would be one of them but thankfully it wasn't

We headed for our Toy Story Mania return time. I accidentally left my phone on the stroller, I was so anxious worrying if it would be stolen so couldn't fully relax and enjoy the ride. Mr Grump was cheating in the queue line and looking up the hidden Easter eggs of TSM, I took great comfort in the fact he researched to get the best score and only beat me by 12k

We got back to the stroller and thankfully my phone was there! Phew. I obviously hadn’t been able to book another DAS return time so I nabbed a return time of 1.50pm for Rock N Roller-coaster. We now had an hour to fill, we decided to go to watch Indiana Jones, but obviously had to grab some photos on the way!

Hollywood Studios was very busy today and 20 minutes before the show it was standing room only, we spoke to the kids and it was this or one of the other theatre shows, so we went in just for the air con as it was hot!

Stood at the back near the wall and after 5 minutes a CM came and moved us and another family down to the disabled row on the right hand side, the seat was very welcoming as we were all flagging a little. We all enjoyed this and Noah actually remembered some of it from last time.

We left and went to RnR. We were still a little early and there was a snack I wanted at Rosie’s All American Café so I grabbed this and some nuggets and fries for the kids to share.

Chicken Breast Nuggets - 8 Pieces Chicken Breast Nuggets (8 pieces) served French Fries - $10.29

Disney's Hollywood Studios 50th Celebration Sandwich Cookie - Celebrating the 50th Anniversary with a Pretzel Shortbread Cookie sandwiched with Strawberry Jam and Peanut Butter-Chocolate Fudge - $5.29

The nuggets were Disney nuggets and fries, nothing to complain about and the kid's enjoyed them (Noah ate some of the fries)

Chris and I shared the cookie sandwich but it was huge. He wasn't keen on the peanut butter part but overall it was nice but very sickly, I only managed a couple of mouthfuls before I started feeling sick and thought I was going to make myself ill from all the sugar! Noah tried a little but wasn't keen on it, Thomas liked it. I don't think it's something we'd rush to get again but it was nice to try as a treat.

The total was $16.59

Back down to Rock N Rollercoaster and Noah was measured as before we entered, he cleared the line! Woohoo! This was Noah and Caitlin’s first ride, Noah absolutely loved it Caitlin ... Not so much, she said will definitely be sitting that one out next time

I had my sorcerer mickey ears on today so we decided to go see Mickey and Minnie on the red carpet and got a return time of 20 mins. We had a slow walk over and Noah stopped to get a balloon with his money.

I'm sure the park was just getting busier and busier. On our way we managed to catch part of a cavalcade!

We had a lovely interaction with both characters and then left the park at around 3.15pm.

We had a 5pm reservation at the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. We arrived at the Mall of Millenia at around 4pm. I had a ball to attend at the beginning of April and I wanted to look for a gown so we popped to Macys, but nothing took my fancy. Then we went to collect my 10th wedding anniversary gift (our 10th anniversary was September 2020, Chris planned to get this gift on our May 2020 trip but obviously that didn't happen so only just getting it now 18 months later )

I absolutely adore it and haven’t taken it off since! I have wanted one of these for as long as I can remember, I'm a very lucky and grateful girl

Next was our reservation and food at Cheesecake Factory, we arrived 15 minutes early but this wasn’t a problem.

Dinner

I'd made a reservation before we came out for 5.30pm at The Cheesecake Factory in Mall at Millenia. We actually arrived 45 minutes early but this was fine with them. Chris drooled over the cheesecakes whilst I sorted the reservation out.

We were seated immediately and it didn't appear to be very busy at all. The menu here is absolutely huge, there was so much I wanted to try but realistically couldn't Some bread to share was brought out and oh my word the brown loaf was so tasty! I was devastated I had to limit myself to a bite. I had heard you could also buy this in Publix so a trip to Publix would be added to the menu now!

I ordered the Roadside Sliders, Bite-Sized Burgers on Mini-Buns Served with Grilled Onions, Pickles and Ketchup

Chris ordered the Fried Macaroni and Cheese, Crispy Crumb Coated Macaroni and Cheese Balls. Served over a Creamy Marinara Sauce

Caitlin ordered Pepperoni Flatbread Pizza

Thomas ordered the Kids’ Fried Chicken Strips, Served with Ranch Dressing with Fries or Fresh Fruit

Noah ordered the Kids' Pasta with Butter and Parmesan
Served with Farfalle Pasta (but obviously completely plain)

I found my burgers a little dry but they were tasty. Chris's mac and cheese balls were lovely and a huge portion, he was glad he didn't go for a main course! Caitlin enjoyed her flatbread but only managed about half of it. Thomas enjoyed his tenders but Noah complained about his pasta. We think it was because it was a different shape, we coaxed and managed to get him to eat a good amount of it. Once he'd finished eating he said it wasn't that bad

I only managed 2 sliders with 1 bun (pulled the other out the bun) so we asked for a takeaway tub for my remaining sliders and Caitlin's flatbread which wasn't a problem at all. We also popped the remaining bread (no one else liked it!) in there and Thomas's remaining chicken tender. Chris really wanted a cheesecake but was so full off his bread and food he couldn't manage it so we opted for it to takeaway. He ended up going for the raspberry and lemon cheesecake.

He ate some in the car and said it was nice but it's different to our cheesecake, I did remind him prior to this that last time he'd complained the same he still enjoyed it but said it wasn't anything special. Overall we enjoyed this, but I did think it was expensive for what we had. It was probably one of the most expensive meals we had and we didn't even have mains!

This total was $70.40 with tip we paid $84.48

I decided to do my first drive of the trip back to the villa, well of course traffic back was absolutely horrendous, it took us 1hr 20mins to get to the Walmart that's 5 mins from our villa from the Mall at Millenia!

We had to grab a few bits we had forgot in Walmart then we'd promised the kids a dip in the pool. As soon as we were back they were into their swim stuff and in the pool. We enjoyed a good hour out there then all back in for showers and put Noah to bed

Thomas has found some ants in his room so the boys both stayed in Noah's room, Chris emailed the management company and I exterminated as many as I could.
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 22, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day at the park and your dinners all looked tasty

Joan
Old 9 Apr 22, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Another lovely day but HS always seems so busy now! Some lovely family pictures again

What a lovely necklace you got I'm very envious

Cheesecake Factory is so good but I usually only get a starter as the mains are so big and that cheesecake
Old 9 Apr 22, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Another great day
Kelly your Tiffany’s pendant is beautiful 💙
Emma x
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 22, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Lovely photos at HS and amazing food at Cheesecake Factory! Absolutely love your Tiffany necklace!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 22, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Your Tiffanys neckalce is beautiful. A long time to wait to get it, but definitely worth it.

I can't believe it was standing room only at Indiana Jones, it must have been really busy as that stadium is huge. Great that a cast member managed to get you a spot to sit down though as that makes it more enjoyable.

I laughed at Caitlins face on Rock and Roller, she doesn't look like she's enjoying it at all! Fab that Noah was tall enough and that he enjoyed it.

More fab photopass photos today, I liked the one with the suitcase at Tower of Terror and the one with the kids and Tink outside the Chinese theatre.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 22, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A good day at the park and your dinners all looked tasty

Joan
Thank you Joan for reading as always <3 x

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
Another lovely day but HS always seems so busy now! Some lovely family pictures again

What a lovely necklace you got I'm very envious

Cheesecake Factory is so good but I usually only get a starter as the mains are so big and that cheesecake
We definitely think it's much busier since Star Wars Land opened, we really didn't like the atmosphere to be honest, quite claustrophobic at times and that sort of thing doesn't usually bother me.

Ahh thank you I love it so so much <3 I've said for years about a Tiffany necklace so it was such a lovely surprise.

I would hate to think how big the mains would have been Even Chris who nearly always moans he's hungry was stuffed after his starter, so that's a win in my books! X

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Another great day
Kelly your Tiffany’s pendant is beautiful 💙
Emma x
Thank you Emma, I really love it x

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Your Tiffanys neckalce is beautiful. A long time to wait to get it, but definitely worth it.

I can't believe it was standing room only at Indiana Jones, it must have been really busy as that stadium is huge. Great that a cast member managed to get you a spot to sit down though as that makes it more enjoyable.

I laughed at Caitlins face on Rock and Roller, she doesn't look like she's enjoying it at all! Fab that Noah was tall enough and that he enjoyed it.

More fab photopass photos today, I liked the one with the suitcase at Tower of Terror and the one with the kids and Tink outside the Chinese theatre.
Thank you so much Abby <3

Honestly I can't convey just how busy it was ... BUT ... I have just remembered this was the first day of the Run Disney Event, plus it was February half term so I think that also contributed to it as it wasn't as busy when we went further into the holiday.

we must look so mean laughing at her, as much as she looks petrified and said she hated it ... she went back on again later in the holiday so it can't have been that bad

We got lots of photopass photos as the queues weren't too bad, I do find HS very good for photo opportunities and much more choice for them than the other parks x

Thank you all so much for reading it, we appreciate it so much x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 22, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Have enjoyed my binge read of your trip so far-all the extra stress of getting there seems so worthwhile looking at all your photos and reading about your adventures, I bet you were a bit emotional. Pleased Thomas had a great birthday, your treat from Tiffany’s was well worth the wait too
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 22, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Day 5 - Hollywood Studios, Mall At Millenia and Cheesecake Factory

So this morning was a much better start for me 6.30am I woke, woohoo! I put the washing into the dryer that I popped in last night and put another load in, I then made a cuppa and chilled and enjoyed the quiet for half an hour till Noah woke at 7am

Noah sat and read his reading book for a bit then Thomas woke. The boys had some Frosties and I pottered around putting things away and just generally tidying round, they then had a pop tart each and I folded the laundry and put another load in. Caitlin woke at 8am and had breakfast and got ready. The boys got ready too and then watched some TV. Chris was up at 8.15am, I got showered and sorted and managed to out another wash on before we left, 2 loads of washing washed and dried before we left the villa! Woohoo.

Our drive to Hollywood Studios was very quick and we were there in 15 mins and by 9.50am. Our first DAS wasn't until 10.30am for Beauty and The Beast so we had a wander around some shops and grabbed a popcorn refill in our bucket then went to wait for Beauty and The Beast.

On the way I decided to get the wheelchair tag for Noah’s pushchair, particularly after yesterday and we decided we’d used it only as and when he needed it. We enjoyed Beauty and The Beast so much. Mr Grump and I seen the stage show in Sunderland just 4 weeks before we flew out and it was amazing too.

Whilst watching the show I tried to book a slot for Woody’s Lunchbox for lunch but the earliest was 1.45pm! Quick look at the plans and I booked Catalina Eddie’s instead.

Lunch

Noah had a lunchable with some crisps and snacks and I placed a mobile order with Catalina Eddies. Chris and I shared the following:

Caesar Salad with Chicken Heart of Romaine tossed with Croutons, Parmesan Cheese and tangy Caesar Dressing topped with Herb-marinated Chicken Breast - $11.29

Breadsticks Served with Marinara - $4.99

The total was $17.33

We both really enjoyed this. The salad was more than enough for the 2 of us to share and very tasty. I did try a bite of a breadstick but I found them very bland, I think I was expecting them to be garlicky but they didn't seem to be. I also tried the marinara even though I'm not keen on tomato based sauces and it was quite nice, Chris also really enjoyed this. Noah tried the breadstick but said he didn't like it, Caitlin ate 2 breadsticks too. I would definitely go back here for the chicken caesar salad! Chicken caesar is definitely my go to!

I had secured a return time for Toy Story Mania when we were watching Beauty and The Beast as you can book your first in park ride after you’ve checked in to your first pre-booked DAS Pass. Now this was bad planning on my part as this was a return time of 11.43 and Slinky Dog would have been 12.30pm but I thought that would be too late and we'd have a lot of time to fill (forgetting we needed lunch in between). Anyway after lunch off we headed to Toy Story Land for our second DAS Pass Alien Swirling Saucers, this was time for between 11am and 12pm … we arrived at 12.04pm! Luckily it was OK, another first for us and we quote enjoyed it. I get motion sick of certain types of rides so I thought this would be one of them but thankfully it wasn't

We headed for our Toy Story Mania return time. I accidentally left my phone on the stroller, I was so anxious worrying if it would be stolen so couldn't fully relax and enjoy the ride. Mr Grump was cheating in the queue line and looking up the hidden Easter eggs of TSM, I took great comfort in the fact he researched to get the best score and only beat me by 12k

We got back to the stroller and thankfully my phone was there! Phew. I obviously hadn’t been able to book another DAS return time so I nabbed a return time of 1.50pm for Rock N Roller-coaster. We now had an hour to fill, we decided to go to watch Indiana Jones, but obviously had to grab some photos on the way!

Hollywood Studios was very busy today and 20 minutes before the show it was standing room only, we spoke to the kids and it was this or one of the other theatre shows, so we went in just for the air con as it was hot!

Stood at the back near the wall and after 5 minutes a CM came and moved us and another family down to the disabled row on the right hand side, the seat was very welcoming as we were all flagging a little. We all enjoyed this and Noah actually remembered some of it from last time.

We left and went to RnR. We were still a little early and there was a snack I wanted at Rosie’s All American Café so I grabbed this and some nuggets and fries for the kids to share.

Chicken Breast Nuggets - 8 Pieces Chicken Breast Nuggets (8 pieces) served French Fries - $10.29

Disney's Hollywood Studios 50th Celebration Sandwich Cookie - Celebrating the 50th Anniversary with a Pretzel Shortbread Cookie sandwiched with Strawberry Jam and Peanut Butter-Chocolate Fudge - $5.29

The nuggets were Disney nuggets and fries, nothing to complain about and the kid's enjoyed them (Noah ate some of the fries)

Chris and I shared the cookie sandwich but it was huge. He wasn't keen on the peanut butter part but overall it was nice but very sickly, I only managed a couple of mouthfuls before I started feeling sick and thought I was going to make myself ill from all the sugar! Noah tried a little but wasn't keen on it, Thomas liked it. I don't think it's something we'd rush to get again but it was nice to try as a treat.

The total was $16.59

Back down to Rock N Rollercoaster and Noah was measured as before we entered, he cleared the line! Woohoo! This was Noah and Caitlin’s first ride, Noah absolutely loved it Caitlin ... Not so much, she said will definitely be sitting that one out next time

I had my sorcerer mickey ears on today so we decided to go see Mickey and Minnie on the red carpet and got a return time of 20 mins. We had a slow walk over and Noah stopped to get a balloon with his money.

I'm sure the park was just getting busier and busier. On our way we managed to catch part of a cavalcade!

We had a lovely interaction with both characters and then left the park at around 3.15pm.

We had a 5pm reservation at the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. We arrived at the Mall of Millenia at around 4pm. I had a ball to attend at the beginning of April and I wanted to look for a gown so we popped to Macys, but nothing took my fancy. Then we went to collect my 10th wedding anniversary gift (our 10th anniversary was September 2020, Chris planned to get this gift on our May 2020 trip but obviously that didn't happen so only just getting it now 18 months later )

I absolutely adore it and haven’t taken it off since! I have wanted one of these for as long as I can remember, I'm a very lucky and grateful girl

Next was our reservation and food at Cheesecake Factory, we arrived 15 minutes early but this wasn’t a problem.

Dinner

I'd made a reservation before we came out for 5.30pm at The Cheesecake Factory in Mall at Millenia. We actually arrived 45 minutes early but this was fine with them. Chris drooled over the cheesecakes whilst I sorted the reservation out.

We were seated immediately and it didn't appear to be very busy at all. The menu here is absolutely huge, there was so much I wanted to try but realistically couldn't Some bread to share was brought out and oh my word the brown loaf was so tasty! I was devastated I had to limit myself to a bite. I had heard you could also buy this in Publix so a trip to Publix would be added to the menu now!

I ordered the Roadside Sliders, Bite-Sized Burgers on Mini-Buns Served with Grilled Onions, Pickles and Ketchup

Chris ordered the Fried Macaroni and Cheese, Crispy Crumb Coated Macaroni and Cheese Balls. Served over a Creamy Marinara Sauce

Caitlin ordered Pepperoni Flatbread Pizza

Thomas ordered the Kids’ Fried Chicken Strips, Served with Ranch Dressing with Fries or Fresh Fruit

Noah ordered the Kids' Pasta with Butter and Parmesan
Served with Farfalle Pasta (but obviously completely plain)

I found my burgers a little dry but they were tasty. Chris's mac and cheese balls were lovely and a huge portion, he was glad he didn't go for a main course! Caitlin enjoyed her flatbread but only managed about half of it. Thomas enjoyed his tenders but Noah complained about his pasta. We think it was because it was a different shape, we coaxed and managed to get him to eat a good amount of it. Once he'd finished eating he said it wasn't that bad

I only managed 2 sliders with 1 bun (pulled the other out the bun) so we asked for a takeaway tub for my remaining sliders and Caitlin's flatbread which wasn't a problem at all. We also popped the remaining bread (no one else liked it!) in there and Thomas's remaining chicken tender. Chris really wanted a cheesecake but was so full off his bread and food he couldn't manage it so we opted for it to takeaway. He ended up going for the raspberry and lemon cheesecake.

He ate some in the car and said it was nice but it's different to our cheesecake, I did remind him prior to this that last time he'd complained the same he still enjoyed it but said it wasn't anything special. Overall we enjoyed this, but I did think it was expensive for what we had. It was probably one of the most expensive meals we had and we didn't even have mains!

This total was $70.40 with tip we paid $84.48

I decided to do my first drive of the trip back to the villa, well of course traffic back was absolutely horrendous, it took us 1hr 20mins to get to the Walmart that's 5 mins from our villa from the Mall at Millenia!

We had to grab a few bits we had forgot in Walmart then we'd promised the kids a dip in the pool. As soon as we were back they were into their swim stuff and in the pool. We enjoyed a good hour out there then all back in for showers and put Noah to bed

Thomas has found some ants in his room so the boys both stayed in Noah's room, Chris emailed the management company and I exterminated as many as I could.
Fantastic photos, we always go to CF too, it’s amazing food looks lovely 😊

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 22, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Have enjoyed my binge read of your trip so far-all the extra stress of getting there seems so worthwhile looking at all your photos and reading about your adventures, I bet you were a bit emotional. Pleased Thomas had a great birthday, your treat from Tiffany’s was well worth the wait too
Aww thank you so much for reading along, it 100% was worth it, maybe not at the time when I thought I wouldn't make it at all X

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Fantastic photos, we always go to CF too, it’s amazing food looks lovely 😊
Thank you, it really is lovely food, just a tad on the pricier side for me we'd go back again for a treat though. I'm actually curious to know if they have any non cheesecake desserts, I didn't even look as I knew there was no chance I was getting one in x