Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Jul 22, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

Flying club member but no tiers points (virgin)

Hi hope I can make this make sense ...I am a flying club member and have lots of points using my credit card ... but when i look on to the tier system red silver and gold ... it says I am in the red tier but 0 points am i doing something wrong got quiet a few virgin flights behind me as well so not sure how this works can anyone help ?
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Isn’t that based on how many flights you’ve had in the year? It resets every year.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

If similar to BA Avios, we rack up our Avios via our cash flights, car hire, hotel stays, credit card usage etc and these always remain on our account as we're continually earning or redeeming them so they never expire.

BA Tier Points are different and are earned on cash flights (not reward flights); you have to earn xx Tier Points to retain your status or move up the ladder every year by the date of your anniversary. If you don't earn enough within your year, you will drop a level or stay at entry level.

The number of Tier Points you get depends on the flight; UK/European flights earn less than transatlantic flights which earn less than flights to Oz or New Zealand; economy flights earn less than business class flights etc.

On your anniversary, your Tier Points are reset to zero and you start your new year.

Edited at 11:15 AM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

tiers reset every year and you have to fly regularly or in upper to really benefit.

you earn miles or points every flight which do not expire
Old 5 Jul 22, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Unless you fly very frequently you're unlikely to have many/any tier points. Don't worry about that.

When it comes to "free" flights and upgrades, it's Virgin Points that matter - these accrue each time you fly, and you can pick up further points with Flying Club credit cards, Tesco Clubcard point conversion and all manner of additional methods.

If you've flown consistently and provided your FC number when doing so, you should have a Virgin Points balance.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

My husbands flying points didn’t add into his account for our December last year flight. He only noticed when he went to see about how many points it would be to get an upgrade for next month. Mine were in my account. First they tried to blame the travel company we booked with, then they said it was too late as it was now over six months since the flight & he needed to manually put the flight in the app to get points, which he did anyway so we could use the app to scan in at the airport! He asked to make sure the points would be added on to our account for next months flight and they said husbands details were there but mine were not! So god knows what goes on with these points. To get up to the same level as myself with the points he would have to spend £350! He’s sent off a complaint somewhere but probably won’t hear back. All he wants are the points he paid for by buying the flight in the first place! We have both been flying club members since late 2019.

Edited at 11:06 AM.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
51-a- good year
Apprentice Imagineer

worth noting that Virgin (but not BA) award tier points for reward bookings
You get 200 for an Upper class return to Orlando
you currently need 300 to progress from Red
51-a- good year is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List