Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 9 Jun 22, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

* How Much Food Can We Eat In 3 Weeks? Baillies Do Disney - Day 4 - Animal Kingdom *

Day 4
Animal Kingdom
#BailliesDoDisney
Instagram stories and saved highlights on @bailliesdodisney

First I have to start off with a public announcement from the last blog- Michael is 33, not 34.

I was subjected to a 5 minute lecture about him not being 34 yet this morning before I'd barely opened my eyes ... We
were both born in the same year, it's not far off, plus do any of you care?! 🤷🏼

It's 7am and I'm trying to roll myself out of the bed... We have a Boma breakfast booked for 8.40am before heading to Animal Kingdom.

Now... I absolutely LOVE Animal Kingdom 🌳...

I feel that I can't 100% say it's my favourite park because the castle, the smells and the nostalgia from Magic Kingdom but I do absolutely love it.

Maybe it's because me and the fam aren't too out of place here?!
After this holiday I will totally fit right in with the hippos that's for sure!🦏

Michael and the kids were in the pool at 7am...

Getting the kids out of the pool is always a struggle but we made it to Animal Kingdom Lodge in good time.

Boma breakfast was really good and totally worth getting out of bed for! Especially the sticky buns!

We told the server Callum's age and they put it younger so he would get it as a child price instead of an adult?!

Maybe they are sick of Bob Chapek bleeding us all dry too...

Callum wasn't impressed about passing as a 9 year old when he turns 14 in a few days though but a few side eyes stopped him actually saying anything that would mess it all up.

It's a $10 saving Sarah, get a grip of your life...
We almost spent that yesterday for Michael to feed the floor..

I felt like a criminal the whole meal until the bill was paid and we were out of there.

That's nothing new though...

A breakfast buffet is usually where I shine!
There's something about being on holiday where you have to get a bit of everything isn't there?!
2 sticky buns (which are absolutely fantastic by the way) 3 simba waffles, a whole bowl of tater tots and whatever else I could squeeze onto my plates...

Yes I said plates!

Who needs to queue twice when I can struggle back to our table with multiple dishes?!

ME!

Yes I should have queued twice and done the sensible thing of one plate at a time.
Our waitress was stood at our table when I returned. She made some small talk about the food I picked but I saw it in her eyes, the disgust, wondering who let these wild beasts in!

Even Michael called me an animal for dipping the tater tots into the sticky bun sauce...
It just happened before I could stop myself but it did taste really good.

Me and Paige had similar animal print dresses on today and we were told that we looked adorable a few times.
I go full AWKWARD when someone gives me a compliment, like I'm not sure how to react?!

'Thank you, you look adorable too' 🤷🏼
I didn't mean it and I think they knew I was a fraud ...

All paid up, absolutely stuffed, it's Animal Kingdom time! 😁
I couldn't wait to see Pandora for the first time!

Whos idea was it to buy Paige a bubble wand?!
Yeah, okay, maybe it was mine because apparently we find it too hard to say no at Disney... but I really didn't think it through!

I spent the whole walk from the entrance to Pandora, literally swallowing bubbles and listening to the most annoying song in existence!
Then when we finally managed to give ourselves a break, it decided to leak everywhere in the bag...
I'd say never again but I know I will make these same mistakes again!

Wow! Pandora is so well done, it's just so beautiful!

We got in the queue for a Night Blossom because by this point, we were already sweating! Why is Animal Kingdom so HOT?!
Like how do you July/August holiday people do it?!

We drank our really yummy drink and waited for our neighbours.
Yeah, that's right, a couple who literally live around the corner from us are in Florida at the exact same time!

What are the chances?!

It all started with a,
'I like your Disney mask' comment a few months ago at a Christmas stall where I was selling cookies... (what was I talking about, we hate masks) which led to a 30 minute chat about Disney and we found out we were going at the exact same time. What are the chances?!

We took a few photos which then turned into a 15 minute family/kids/couple photoshoot with hands down the best Disney photographer I've ever met, Stephen!
He got some really lovely photos!

It's hit and miss with the photographers isn't it?! Some really are just there for the paycheck and don't even wait for your eyes to be open, others spend the time actually getting THE shot! They are my people! 😁

Flight of passage was the first ride on our list, this ride is just amazing! And Na'vi River we absolutely loved also!

Probably the worst Kilamanjaro safari we have ever done followed... The animals had obviously all taken themselves off for an afternoon snooze, that's alright, we only fly 10 hours and spend an obscene amount of money to come and see you!
(although actually, a snooze in the shade sounds pretty good to me right now)

Expedition Everest, what a ride! Seriously! Although I definitely forgot how intense it was!

I wanted to go and watch the Lion King Show next, the last showing at 4pm... Michael wanted to grab a coffee at Starbucks first which was fine with me.

This unusual creature needs his coffee to function.

The queue was SO LONG though we missed the Lion King Show... 😔
.. For coffee! If you put coffee before the Lion King then you should be banned from the park for life!

The Caramel Ribbon Crunch frap was INSANE though! I'm not really a coffee person, but that... Yeah, everyday!

Still wouldn't put it above the Lion King though!
(It's okay, I will catch it another day, can you tell I'm still bitter?! &#129315

We ended the Animal Kingdom day with Dinosaur and having a little wander around before heading back to Animal Kingdom Lodge for our evening reservation at Sanaa!

The bread service! 😳

I would eat all of that bread myself I swear... We got the butter chicken too... Just wow! I love that place!

I don't think the other diners liked us though, Paige decided she would embarrass us all by blowing her straw covering literally AT another person on the adjacent table.

I swear we teach our kids manners...
Turns out they are just ferral in a new place and there's nothing we can do to stop it... I told you that we fit in well at Animal Kingdom!

Epcot tomorrow!
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 22, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

That night blossom looks great.
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Love yours & Paige’s outfit very cute
Breakfast looked yummy, now I like coffee but to miss Lion King is not acceptable 🤦🙄🤷☹️ you should’ve left Michael and gone to it 🙊
Hope you managed to see the show another time x
Ps glad you corrected his age, don’t want to be a year older does he 😂😂
I’ve just realised my eldest son is nearly the same age as you both 😳

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

Edited at 05:19 PM.
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 22, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

What a brilliant day I love your dresses they are lovely

I do agree AK always seems very hot but we have been very lucky on the safari ride we have always seen loads of animals
Old 11 Jun 22, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
It's a small world after all...It's so bizarre bumping into people halfway round the World isn't it? We had a similar thing on our last trip as my DS bumped into a school friend who lives just round the corner in the food court of POFQ. We didn't know they were coming to Florida.

Anyway, sounds like a great food day and lots of fun at AK.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 22, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Lovely outfits

And good day in the park

Joan
Old 16 Jun 22, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
That night blossom looks great.
Oh it's so good! I can't wait to go back and get one again already!
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 22, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Love yours & Paige’s outfit very cute
Breakfast looked yummy, now I like coffee but to miss Lion King is not acceptable 🤦🙄🤷☹️ you should’ve left Michael and gone to it 🙊
Hope you managed to see the show another time x
Ps glad you corrected his age, don’t want to be a year older does he 😂😂
I’ve just realised my eldest son is nearly the same age as you both 😳

I know right?!? I wasn't happy 😂 but I let it slide...
We did get to see it another time of course!

Aww, you look so young and beautiful! I don't believe it!
Old 16 Jun 22, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
What a brilliant day I love your dresses they are lovely

I do agree AK always seems very hot but we have been very lucky on the safari ride we have always seen loads of animals

Thanks so much! 😊

Us too usually! It was a shame!
Old 16 Jun 22, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
It's a small world after all...It's so bizarre bumping into people halfway round the World isn't it? We had a similar thing on our last trip as my DS bumped into a school friend who lives just round the corner in the food court of POFQ. We didn't know they were coming to Florida.

Anyway, sounds like a great food day and lots of fun at AK.

It really is 😊
Disney friends hit different - they get it!... And don't look at you like you're odd for going back again and again 😂

We had a great day 😁