Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 Jun 22, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
WeluvDisney2016
Excited about Disney

Family of 6, 2 x value rooms or holiday inn near disney springs

We've started to do a little research about returning to Orlando in the next couple of years.
We last went in Nov 2016 and did a split stay, 8 nights POFQ and 8 nights in the rosen inn pointe on idrive. At the time we had 2 children aged 3 and 5.

We now have 2 additional children so need to find alternative accommodation. They will be around 13, 12, 6 and 4 when we go. Dh won't drive over there so villas are out. We've also decided that we'll probably just do Disney this time as we don't love huge rides and the 2 little ones will have limited options.

I've seen the holiday inn resort at lake buena vista which offers free shuttles to the parks or we could possibly book 2 rooms at disney all stars. There is an £850 price difference when taking the current dining offer into account.

Has anyone stayed/would recommend at these hotels.
Do you have any other suggestions.
Do you think it's worth 850 more to stay in a value resort?

Tbh I'm so out of the Disney loop that i don't really now what the benefits to being on site are anymore as everything has changed!
WeluvDisney2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 22, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
AlexE
Imagineer

AlexE's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Would Holiday Inn Orlando at Disney Springs be an option for you. I got a good rate via Quidco and Hotels.com which included parking and took into consideration the resort fee.
Old 26 Jun 22, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
WeluvDisney2016
Excited about Disney

Unfortunately that hotel didn't offer rooms for 6 people and 2 rooms there was far more expensive than 2 rooms at all stars!
WeluvDisney2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Personally I’d go for the two rooms if you’re not driving. Your transport is going to be much more frequent at Disney on site. If the two rooms also means an extra bathroom ever better. You may get lucky and get two rooms with a dividing door so you can stick all
The kids in together.
Old 30 Jun 22, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Just to say, you might already know, but you will have to "allocate" an adult to each room, of course what you do after check in... I suppose the only other downside is that you aren't guaranteed to be close together. Have you looked at the cabins at Fort Wilderness? Fairly sure they sleep 6
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 06:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
No question - Disney All Stars for me.
The free shuttles elsewhere are so restrictive on times and convenience. Disney buses are more frequent, far less stressful and take you to the front of MK rather than the T&TC. Plus you'll have all the magic of staying in the Disney bubble in a hotel with enormous figures, that'll be something your kids won't forget.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think, despite the lack of any benefits staying onsite now, the transport alone , especially with the little ones would benefit you more. I've often found in the past hotel transport can be hit and miss , often have to pre-book and not that frequent.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Jon&Emz
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
we had a similar dilemma, 4 adults and 2 kids and looked at all the Disney area hotels and good neighbours for options and possibly suites. My DW doesn't drive an after staying on site the past few trips I don't think we could do off site again anyway.

We ended up doing 2 rooms at all star movies and splitting the party between the two.

Jon&Emz is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

I think for the transport I would go with the Disney rooms.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 22, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I've been looking at rooms for upcoming trip (as there are >4 of us) and one option that came up was All Star Music family suites - could that be an option as this could sleep 6? (There is also Art of Animation and the Fort Wilderness cabins but these were more expensive than 2 x value rooms, whereas the All Star Music family suites were a bit cheaper than 2 x value rooms for my dates...)