Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 28 Jun 22, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Milliebob
VIP Dibber

Can't get in touch with DVC Owner

We rented some points from a fellow Dibber to stay at VGC in October.

Unfortunately our plans have changed, due to work commitments we can no longer go on the date we booked. I've messaged the DVC owner three times (once per week for three weeks) and he is ignoring me.

I presume there's nothing I can do and I've lost the money?
Disneyland Paris - Jan 2016, May 2019, June 2022, July 2022, Nov 2022
Next trip - Drury Inn Universal, Beach Club, Pop, Vero Beach, Grand Floridian, All Star Movies
Milliebob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 22, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Most DVC rentals are sold on a no changes / refunds basis. But it maybe the owner is away and not checking the Dibb. Do you have any other contact details such as an email address?
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 22, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Sorry the only thing I can suggest is to click on their username and then click on view public profile, it will show the last time they were on the Dibb.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 22, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
There maybe be reasons that they haven't replied, I know for us I don't really come near the Dibb when I've got the post holiday blues.
In answer to your questions:
1. No not really, all depends on the contract/agreement that you had but apart from trying to contact the owner,nothing
2. Depends really & all down to what the owner can do with the points or if there is a possibility of moving dates.I'm not even sure that one of the rental sites would have improved your position because at the end of the day the owner has secured the stay & it isn't their fault that your plans have changed. That sounds/looks a bit harsh but I can't think of a better way to say it If it's any consolation you have 2 months to try to sort something, that 3rd month is really too late as points go into Holding & even the owner doesn't have many options.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 22, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

One thing going in your favour is that VGC is a sought after location, and I reckon someone else would want the booking.

If I was the owner I would try to rent out the reservation to someone else for you - even if it got to the last minute and you had to accept a lesser amount.

Hopefully it will work out for you 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 22, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Is this owner a regular poster on Dibb?
What do you mean by ‘messaged’?
Old 28 Jun 22, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Milliebob
VIP Dibber

Thank you for all of your replies.

Unfortunately we didn't have any discussion prior to the rental about changes/cancellation.

The only contact I have is on here, so I have just been sending DMs. The first one I sent requesting to cancel the booking was on 30th May. I can see they were 'last seen' on the Dibb on 8th June.

I actually asked in my last message if he would prefer to change our booking to any DVC resort in WDW with availability for when we are there in Aug/Sept.

I've had total radio silence. I think someone would snap his hand off for the reservation of a 2 bed villa at VGC!

Editing to add: Yes they are a regular Dibber, I won't name them.

I've rented on The Dibb before with no problems but probably will use a broker next time
Next trip - Drury Inn Universal, Beach Club, Pop, Vero Beach, Grand Floridian, All Star Movies

Edited at 02:41 PM.
Milliebob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 22, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Milliebob View Post
Thank you for all of your replies.

Unfortunately we didn't have any discussion prior to the rental about changes/cancellation.

The only contact I have is on here, so I have just been sending DMs. The first one I sent requesting to cancel the booking was on 30th May. I can see they were 'last seen' on the Dibb on 8th June.

I actually asked in my last message if he would prefer to change our booking to any DVC resort in WDW with availability for when we are there in Aug/Sept.

I've had total radio silence. I think someone would snap his hand off for the reservation of a 2 bed villa at VGC!

Editing to add: Yes they are a regular Dibber, I won't name them.

I've rented on The Dibb before with no problems but probably will use a broker next time
A few things when renting.

Always get name, address, email telephone number. Never just go on Dibb message service.

I would always supply a contract but some are more informal.

His inbox could be full and he has no idea you are messaging him.

It may well be that he simply has no idea you are messaging him.

You could if all else fails post a message on the DVC forum or reply to one of his posts saying you have a message and his inbox may be full and can he message you.

Admins may be able to check if his message inbox is full and maybe pass on a message, not sure.

If it’s a regular Dibber, and DVC owner I won’t speak for them, but I’d be surprised if they wouldn’t be helpful.

Whilst he may want some recompense for the hassle, if all else fails Davids would snap someone’s hand off for a confirmed reservation at VGC, even a 2 bed, and I suspect they would rent it.

Edited at 02:58 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 22, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Milliebob
VIP Dibber

Thank you so much for the advice YorkshireT.

I am hoping he just hasn't seen my messages, doesn't look like he has a premium account so his inbox could well be full. I didn't realise it would still allow me to message if that was the case.

And of course you're right, full contact details in the future!
Old 28 Jun 22, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Milliebob View Post
Thank you so much for the advice YorkshireT.

I am hoping he just hasn't seen my messages, doesn't look like he has a premium account so his inbox could well be full. I didn't realise it would still allow me to message if that was the case.

And of course you're right, full contact details in the future!
Yep someone was messaging me not so long ago and I had no idea, they put a message on a thread to say my inbox appeared full. Or they may just not spot they have a message.
If it’s a regular DVC Dibber I’d be surprised if they were blanking you.