Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 1 Aug 22, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
highs lows and costs

I think overall we had a great trip with lots of fabulous food. I love that my diet doesn’t seem to be a big issue over there with lots of things being easily adjusted and lots of low carb snacks and drinks available to let me feel like I can have holiday treats.

Cost wise, on average we spent on average $150 a day eating out. I’ve not included tips. I’m happy with that as I’d say we had what we wanted. It would have been easy to spend a lot more but on the same token I could also have cut those costs a fair bit.

We spent about another $400 on snacks and drinks at the supermarket. Lots of that amount will be taken up with crazy priced low carb and low sugar snacks, $9 for 4 packets of tortilla chips and $14 for sugar free sweets…

I’ve also not included beer at the 2 soccer games because truthfully it’s better for my marriage if even I don’t know the answer to that. 😂

We did eat more quick service meals than normal I think because Dockside food court was so good.

We used the $25 Landry birthday reward and some Mardi Gras cards which we’d bought in Feb, we used 4 so each of them had $30 free on them. I worked out we saved $160 in annual pass discounts on food and drink.

Our most expensive meal was Toledo, not shocked at that - $190 before tip.

Cheapest table service was lunch at Cheddars at $52 before tip.

Cheapest table service at Universal was Mythos at $72 before tip.

Cheapest quick service Panda Express at $28.

Highs

Top place
Dh - red lobster
Ds - red lobster
Me - Toledo

Top main
Ds - curry red lobster
Me - main - Toledo
Dh - coconut shrimp at red lobster

Top pudding
Ds apple pie toothsome
Dh apple pie
Me Menchies ( only one I had&#128514

Top snack
Ds beignets Seaworld
Dh beignets Seaworld
Me range of Keto low carb stuff

Top low carb discoveries
1 Keto ratio coconut yogurts
2 pineapple and coconut sparkling ice with heavy cream
3 Quest - sweet chilli protein chips
4 Russell Stovers - mint chocolates ( no added sugar)

Saltgrass, first watch and bonefish grill were all really good and that Shake Shack burger was amazing. Plus I loved that I could get my Alfredo over broccoli in Olive Garden.

Lows

Cheddars- heard so many good things about it. Wanted to like it but didn’t. We had a trainee server who was fine but not great at keeping you topped up with water and juice. My veg was yucky and the chicken had a really weird texture. Ds liked his and so did Dh but he thought for all the hype it would have been better. Don’t think I’d go back.

Dragonfire Grill - Busch Gardens- didn’t enjoy my Caesar salad that and very overpriced plus what is up with Seaworld and Busch adding a 5% surcharge to all good and drink. Just put the price up and be transparent.

So 2 meals out of 22 days isn’t bad at all.

Future

Not sure what our dining will be like on the HHN trip, mainly Universal I’d think. Although working out how I could fit in a shake shack😂

Vivos and Cowfish will be must do. We missed Vivo when Ds wasn’t well.

We have mnsshp booked but I’m struggling to see any onsite places I like the look of for lunch so might just stop off somewhere on the way.

Hope my report has been useful, apologies for the lack of cocktails and desserts. And if anyone wanted the low carb lists or low carb recipes and I’ve not sent them. Just dm me to remind me with your email.

Thanks for reading and commenting.
Great report, looking forward to eating at some of the same places soon.

We’re going to use our Landry’s credit at Saltgrass instead of Bubba Gumps. Thanks for the tip.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Great report, looking forward to eating at some of the same places soon.

We’re going to use our Landry’s credit at Saltgrass instead of Bubba Gumps. Thanks for the tip.
It was really good. The lunch menu is fabulous value is well if you are looking for a break from the parks.
Old 1 Aug 22, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
It was really good. The lunch menu is fabulous value is well if you are looking for a break from the parks.
We’re going to go on our first day (Saturday) while we still have a car so can’t do the lunch menu.

But…..we just booked again for February so I’m sure we’ll fit it in then. Maybe we’ll see you again at Mardi Gras!
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 22, 04:45 AM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

just read the whole report in one go looks like you all had a fab time and some great food options. Added a few places to our list for next time

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 22, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by sunshines View Post
Yes, do that! I will be looking for any advice you might share.

If we ever end up going the same week again we will have to meet up for a glass of wine.
Absolutely.

Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
We're actually going north for the weekend to avoid some of the chaos! I feel Edinburgh has been more manic than usual for a lot of this year already, with tourists everywhere.

Your report has also made me crave a Menchies, I always go to the one at City Walk.
Oh I’d love a Menchies too, can’t believe I’m finding it too warm here 😂

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
We’re going to go on our first day (Saturday) while we still have a car so can’t do the lunch menu.

But…..we just booked again for February so I’m sure we’ll fit it in then. Maybe we’ll see you again at Mardi Gras!
Not sure about Feb next year, don’t think we can do 3 again and Ds is convinced October will become the top choice after summer.

I did look at flights but they were all pricey, did you book BA flights, I’m not sure I can bring myself to book with them again.

Originally Posted by smedley View Post
just read the whole report in one go looks like you all had a fab time and some great food options. Added a few places to our list for next time
Thanks. It’s always great to discover new places.
Old 6 Aug 22, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Had a lovely evening with you - it was great to meet you all and hear about Noodles too. Bet she is glad to have you home again.
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by 4fromsuffolk View Post
Had a lovely evening with you - it was great to meet you all and hear about Noodles too. Bet she is glad to have you home again.
It was lovely to meet you all. Thank you for suggesting it. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip. xx
Old 20 Aug 22, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Just binge read this, don't know how I missed it

As always a really great food report, so many yummy things and not long now till your next trip

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 22, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by orlandosgr8 View Post
Just binge read this, don't know how I missed it

As always a really great food report, so many yummy things and not long now till your next trip
Aww thank you so much for reading and for the lovely compliment. Can’t wait for a October, so excited to finally be doing a HHN trip.