Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Jul 22, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
lemmiwinkles
Excited about Disney

I have a feeling we’ll now be flying INV-LHR the night before the MCO flight, instead of on the same day. There’s two a day but the 7:00am flight has been cancelled up until the 25th of July. I know we’re still a bit away but might as well start planning for the worst now
lemmiwinkles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by grinner82 View Post
I have been tracking BA2039 LGW-MCO for ages and its only been cancelled once where they clearly moved the earlier flight back to that slot. I guess they won't fly if they are not profitable which is understandable. I remember last year coming back on a Jet2 flight with 30 people on, must have cost them a fortune to fly as I only paid £30 for the seat!
I would imagine the shorter routes are less profitable and the first to go.
Just because one segment of a flight is almost empty doesn't mean that the other segment is.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
I fear this could impact anyone who has a connecting flight in the UK.
This!

Plenty of Dibbers and others rely on the domestic connection to get to either LHR & LGW.
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
julie b
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
This!

Plenty of Dibbers and others rely on the domestic connection to get to either LHR & LGW.
Like me….Manchester to Heathrow then Mco….got a bad feeling….
julie b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
julie b
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lemmiwinkles View Post
I have a feeling we’ll now be flying INV-LHR the night before the MCO flight, instead of on the same day. There’s two a day but the 7:00am flight has been cancelled up until the 25th of July. I know we’re still a bit away but might as well start planning for the worst now
Are you going 9th sept from Heathrow to Mco.?
julie b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
kermit1982
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Orlandoguy View Post
100% agree but hope this won’t be the case I have a trip to London in 3 weeks , luckily there are upto 6 flights a day from Aberdeen to Heathrow plus I have flexibility to move the trip a few days either side so I should be ok , but when people have connecting flights it can cause all manner of issues !
This is my worry, we fly from Aberdeen 2 weeks tomorrow, we then have a night at LHR hotel and fly MCO on the Thur. I’ve been watching Aberdeen flights as our return flight got cancelled and rescheduled (for the better) couple months ago. Last week our early afternoon flight got cancelled only option was next flight leaving 6.45pm or early flight. We had to go later as earlier one we would have had to leave our house far too early and would make it killer 2 days.

Over weekend I noticed quite a few days over next few weeks now showing no availability at all all day, one of the days is day we fly to LHR 🙈

On checking the travel schedule it’s showing around 2 cancelled flights a day. It goes as far up to Friday 15th and that day is showing 5 out of 7 flights cancelled! Worries it’s a sign to come!

I stupidly changed from flying from Inverness to LHR to Aberdeen to LHR and paid more! As back in Feb when they were cancelling Inverness flights I thought Aberdeen would be better option.

Nothing is easy. Can’t really move things about. We have 2 nights at universal at start wish booked them at the end now Incase of delays/cancellations/strikes argggghh

When are you off Orlandoguy?
kermit1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
danables
Trading Disney Pins

The headlines always appear bad but to get a bit of perspective if you look into it BA have only cancelled around 3.5% of flights in total.
danables is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Has anyone heard the rob beckett and josh Widcombe podcast. Rob was going to orlando and had his flight cancelled in the middle of the night. Awful it happend but it has made me more worried and I suspect I'll be checking my phone the night before
Old 5 Jul 22, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

How much notice do they generally give for flights that are cancelled? I don’t mean flights that are cancelled unexpectedly due to aircraft developing a fault but in a situation like we’re in at the moment. Do they have to offer any recompense? We have flights, car and accommodation booked with them but also two separate villas. I would be heartbroken at this late stage if they cancelled our booking.😢
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
petit-pois
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by a11mark View Post
Has anyone heard the rob beckett and josh Widcombe podcast. Rob was going to orlando and had his flight cancelled in the middle of the night. Awful it happend but it has made me more worried and I suspect I'll be checking my phone the night before
Was this the one in April?
petit-pois is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List