Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Jul 22, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kermit1982 View Post
This is my worry, we fly from Aberdeen 2 weeks tomorrow, we then have a night at LHR hotel and fly MCO on the Thur. I’ve been watching Aberdeen flights as our return flight got cancelled and rescheduled (for the better) couple months ago. Last week our early afternoon flight got cancelled only option was next flight leaving 6.45pm or early flight. We had to go later as earlier one we would have had to leave our house far too early and would make it killer 2 days.

Over weekend I noticed quite a few days over next few weeks now showing no availability at all all day, one of the days is day we fly to LHR 🙈

On checking the travel schedule it’s showing around 2 cancelled flights a day. It goes as far up to Friday 15th and that day is showing 5 out of 7 flights cancelled! Worries it’s a sign to come!

I stupidly changed from flying from Inverness to LHR to Aberdeen to LHR and paid more! As back in Feb when they were cancelling Inverness flights I thought Aberdeen would be better option.

Nothing is easy. Can’t really move things about. We have 2 nights at universal at start wish booked them at the end now Incase of delays/cancellations/strikes argggghh

When are you off Orlandoguy?
My London trip is booked for mon 25th, first flight of the day 645am I think it’s at, I think there notifying you around two weeks before you fly if your flights cancelled so will wait see what happens next week, am fortunate I can be quite flexible that week so can go Upto couple days either side of the Monday so should definitely be able to go, but I really feel for people that will have connecting flights it’s an added stress, hoping you get away
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
kermit1982
Excited about Disney

I’ve everything crossed, we fly to LHR the 20th July and MCO the 21st. Hubby doesn’t land home till 19th July 😳 so later flight on Wed gave him more time incase he was to have chopper delays 🙈 was saying tonight even if it comes to me and girls getting early flights with EasyJet as had some ok prices from inverness and he pays extra for a later flight. Goodness knows just so much worry our first time booking DIY as we thought so much easier flying back to Aberdeen than landing Glasgow or Edinburgh and then the 2 train then car journey home 🙈

Tomorrow’s our 2 weeks lol between that and worry of strikes as long as we get there don’t really mind getting stuck on way home 🤣🙈

Good luck with your journeys!
kermit1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
scottish mama
VIP Dibber

We’re flying on 25th July Ncl-Lhr-Jfk, and I’ve been checking the flight status for both flights this week. Unfortunately both our flights out yesterday were cancelled 😞.
Busy looking at various options in case we get the dreaded email, even including overnight Megabus down, just so we can be at LHR for any flight out 🙈.
I know we’ve waited 2 years so should be able to wait another couple of weeks, but won’t be able to get excited until we finally get on a transatlantic flight!
Fingers crossed for everyone 🤞
scottish mama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I’ve seen they are not apparently cancelling US flights really, nearly all Euro short hauls.
Old 5 Jul 22, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Chunky81
Excited about Disney

Our return lhr to abz was cancelled. Spent most of evening trying to get solution!
No availability on same day so had to opt to extend the holiday by a day! Let’s hope for no more changes. Now to book an additional night in orlando.

Once in a lifetime trip Oct 14 Terra Verde Villa
2nd Trip Oct 16 Terra Verde Villa
3rd Trip Easter 18 Dibb Villa Tuscan Hills
4th Trip Oct 19 POR+Terra Verde 5th Aug 19 Villa Need to plan again!
Chunky81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
kermit1982
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Chunky81 View Post
Our return lhr to abz was cancelled. Spent most of evening trying to get solution!
No availability on same day so had to opt to extend the holiday by a day! Let’s hope for no more changes. Now to book an additional night in orlando.

What date were you due to come back up to Aberdeen?

We return MCO 5th Aug but fly back to Aberdeen 6th Aug. Our 8.20am flight was cancelled the other month and been put on 12.35pm which suits us better so no early check in and hopefully get good sleep at hotel!

We have some give coming back as long as home for Monday lol
kermit1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
lemmiwinkles
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by julie b View Post
Are you going 9th sept from Heathrow to Mco.?
I am indeed! I’m confident that flight is safe 😅
lemmiwinkles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 22, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Chunky81
Excited about Disney

It was the 31st July. Midday flight.
We like to have the extra time between flights but outbound the early domestic flight was cancelled a couple on months ago too so now down to the mct. at lhr.

Once in a lifetime trip Oct 14 Terra Verde Villa
2nd Trip Oct 16 Terra Verde Villa
3rd Trip Easter 18 Dibb Villa Tuscan Hills
4th Trip Oct 19 POR+Terra Verde 5th Aug 19 Villa Need to plan again!
Chunky81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 22, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
kermit1982
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Chunky81 View Post
It was the 31st July. Midday flight.
We like to have the extra time between flights but outbound the early domestic flight was cancelled a couple on months ago too so now down to the mct. at lhr.
Good luck and enjoy your extra day! I went on chat to ask options this morning I asked if I could remove the Aberdeen domestic flight yes that’s fine but no refund as would be more expensive to remove! 🤷🏻😩 then she said if we cancel the domestic flight and we choose to keep the Orlando flight They will cancel Aberdeen flight free of charge! She said it like she was doing me a favour! Surely if they cancel your domestic you should be getting some kind of refund compensation?

I asked if they use other carries if domestic flights were cancelled and said no, not for domestic flights but could claim train travel and go by train.

Will just have to hold tight and pray our flight goes ahead.

Up until 14th July was showing 2 flights cancelled a day from Aberdeen the 15 and 16th July is now showing only one or 2 flights a day from 5 and 7! Not sure if it makes a difference that these flights are Friday/Sat or a sign of things to come.
Old 6 Jul 22, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Is there a list for Gatwick?