Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Jul 22, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Does it matter? Some people are foodies on holiday and some peopIe aren't. It's no big deal. Incidentally I have chronic sinusitus, and don't have much sense of taste/smell. But I don't go on holiday for food anywsy and the florida heat and humidity sap my appetite. Hence I just eat when I feel like it.

The phrase foodie is much misused , to me Disney isn’t for foodies bar V&A and a couple of other upscale restaurants but to some foodie is just someone who loves food and loves to eat their way around “the world” at WDW eating different but not usually gourmet food.
Nothing wrong with either , for me sadly I have little appetite in the heat so eat less at WDW than I do at home.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 22, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

I don’t think it’s weird at all.
Everyone has their likes and dislikes.
People always seem surprised when I come home from a long holiday with no evidence of a tan, just a few freckles. As though a tan is their measure of a good holiday.
I can’t think of anything worse than sunbathing for 2 weeks but for some of my friends, that’s what they crave each year 🤷

We love finding nice places to eat on holiday or just when visiting somewhere for the day. That’s our thing but we’re aware it’s not for everyone. Some of our friends have fussy children so the idea of spending money on something that they’ll have to battle to get their children to eat, understandably isn’t their idea of fun.
DS has thankfully always been keen to try new foods so he fits in nicely! Would have cramped our style otherwise 😂😂😉
He’s also a busy holiday-er. He can’t do nothing.

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973

Edited at 04:33 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List