Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 9 Aug 22, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by levtweeney View Post
Just found this report now. Hope you have a great holiday.

I’ve heard great things about Anna Marie Island, why did you cut this part short? Was it just the poo sea
Me the same, Lev. Saw who was writing the report and jumped on
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mitch-fishguard View Post
Me the same, Lev. Saw who was writing the report and jumped on
I think we scared Babymint off

Come back and finish it please
Old 14 Aug 22, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by levtweeney View Post
I think we scared Babymint off

Come back and finish it please
I hope she finishes it. I have really enjoyed it, so far.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
What a great report. Hopefully we'll be able to read the rest soon.
Old 20 Aug 22, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

6 night stay at Coronado Springs

hi Everyone - once we arrived at Disney, I got behind as we had long days and were completely shattered. Then I thought I might as well wait till we got home - been back a day and feeling refreshed so here goes!

It had been a long wait of 3 years but we were back - I was all ready!

Disney
We booked 6 nights at Coronado Springs and most of it was paid courtesy of Tesco rewards via Hotels.com (thank you Tescos!)

On our arrival day, after a slow start and check in, we dumped our cases with bell hop, left the car in the main car park and went to Epcot for about 12. I had missed the morning virtual queue for GOTG and then remembered it around 1.25pm and kicked myself for missing it again, but when I checked, they were still available for later, and I got one for 8.30pm.
By 4pm we decided to go and find our room which had now been allocated, picking up our luggage on the way. CSR is really lovely, it's big - but a really relaxed, calm feel to it we were in Ranchos.

Our room was just by the Ranchos pool which was very handy, and also close to the laundry which I used once. You pay for this with a credit card and it was $3 each for a wash and dry - huge machines, we had bought some detergent at Dollar Tree which we used in it.
Although the resort is big, it only took about 10 minutes to walk to the front of the resort where all the restaurants are (Ranchos is at the back).
The room was spacious and all of us in one room was manageable (as manageable as possible with two teenage boys!). They did moan a lot about the snoring coming from their dad...
We were close to bus station 4, getting a seat was never a problem, in fact the only time we didn't get a seat was one trip back late from Disney Springs. Was glad to see the H2O toiletries as I love them but they are now mainly in large refillable bottles so couldn't bring any home
I didn't take any photos of the room as it was always messy!
The rooms have a decent sized fridge - and we had bought a few bottles of soda with us from AMI, plus some chilled snacks. There is also a coffee pod machine - but see below.
My only complaint is that the mousekeeping is not good at the moment. One towel change, one coffee pod replenish, no bed making at all. I do think that for the price, this is a poor lot. I'm pretty sure you can call reception for coffee/towels etc, but it is a faff.
One day we did a late start so had a swim in the morning as were just chilling in the room before venturing out. There was a knock at the door and it was security doing routine checks (apparently to ensure we did not have weapons!). I did google this and it is standard when housekeepng is not done, but it is shoddy IMO that they can do this, but not empty your bin! Royal Pacific was very different (more later!)

I'll cover dining and parks in other posts!

ETA - they do movies outside the tower every night weather permitting - Disney ones, so nice if you have young ones.

Edited at 10:23 PM.
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 22, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Disney table meals - Highs and low

While we were in the bubble we didn't get in the car once and used a mixture of table dining and quick service. Then once we had moved to a villa we did some off site dining.

I was ready for costs to have gone up, and they really have. Both the cost of food and drinks is up by I would say 20% or so, and of course the rubbish exchange rate is a kicker. Although we didn't have a budget per se, we didn't want to spend too much, so we were what you would call "careful". We generally didn't have appetizers nor desserts, we had a few drinks, and snacks (Dole whip anyone?).

Table restaurants
We ate twice at the resort, once in the Maya Grill and once in Rix Sports Bar. I had really looked forward the Maya Grill and had read good things, but it was a let down. It was quite late, about 9.15pm and it was fairly quiet, but after being seated with menus, we saw no waiter for ages, and finally got a drink after about 35 minutes. The food was ok, but it was luke warm and Freddie was starving and his dish (I cant even remember what it was as I was so unimpressed I didn't take any pictures) didn't even touch the sides! Tom had a burger which he enjoyed.

The Rix bar however was great. Our server was quick and very attentive, and the food was quick and hot! We ordered a nachos to share to start and I had a caesar salad which I couldn't finish.

We ate once at TRex - we've been here a couple of time before and the experience was pretty much the same. The place was really rammed but our Landry card got us in within 5 minutes - and because it was our second meal in a Landrys so far this trip, we also managed to get a $25 credit which we later used in Yak and Yeti.
We had a Supersaurus Sampler to share to start, then Coconut shrimp, a Boneyard Buffet, Chicken Fried Chicken and Triassic Trio

I had a cocktail and Chas had a couple of lagers, plus 2 cokes and the total bill inc tip was $200.
Another night we used our Landry card for the Rainforest cafe at springs, but this time it was an hour wait. As we were starving, we chose instead to quick dine at the Earl of Sandwich, which was new to us. It was actually really good, we spent around $90 for 4 subs, 2 soups, 3 potato tots, 2 beers, 2 slushies, and we all enjoyed it (although we were starving!). We decided to treat ourselves to some chocolate at Ghirardellis for dessert...

Yak and Yeti
This was as good as we remembered, although we were all so soaked from Kali that we were freezing so I had a hot tea - it was advertised as English breakfast tea - it was not, it was quite flowery and weak - but it was hot and I used it to keep my warm - Kali has never completely soaked us before so I was not expecting it and we really were wet!

On our first day to MK, we went over to the Whispering Canyon Cafe, which I had been really looking forward to. We all had a skillet, three carnivores and I had the breakfast one, all $24 which I think was very good value. The skillets are bottomless - we did ask for a bit more brisket and another round of waffles, but that was sufficient! As well as the meat skillet they bring out a tray of cornbread, and a tray of vegetable.

I also had the Mimosa flight - four mimosas with different fruits, which was super too.

Our server was Wendy from the midlands who was great - I had purposely not told my boys what to expect and Freddie got a roasting for asking where the restrooms were and then was questioned as to whether he had washed his hands on his return. Tom was asked if he wanted another coke as he drank his first one so quickly and he was brought one in a massive jar. It was funny.

We all really enjoyed this meal and thought it good value - particularly for Disney! It also gave us a nice respite from the heat for a while and we returned to MK for a few more hours.
Old 20 Aug 22, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Disney quick dining

Quick service food
Epcot
We at twice at Sunshine Seasons in the Land, which I thought was really good, especially the Vegan Korma. Tom had a shrimp noodle dish and the other two had sandwiches which came with a snack/dessert

Le Creparie - ok crepes but nothing special IMO.

MK
Starlight Cafe - our go to nostalgic visit, and ok as always although missed the condiment bar, gone since covid

Hollywood Studios
ABC Commissary - our go to at Hollywood Studios - seems better value than some other resorts, although they don’t let you in until you have mobile ordered (unless you really cant but the non-mobile order queue was really long so we did and it was quick)

Backlot express - pretty good - Freddie had teriyaki beef which he said was good.
Dole whips

At Aloha Isle in MK, Tamu Tamu in AK and also at Typhoon Lagoon (I introduced Dole whip to the boys a few visits ago and they became a firm favourite and now seem available in most parks). Also I bought back I pack of dole whip mix (not yet tried).

My thoughts on mobile ordering - it does save time and I think money - it stops you over ordering!
Old 21 Aug 22, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Good read, Bab
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 22, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Pep
Imagineer

Whispering canyon looks good gonna definitely give that a go and I always visit sunshine season every trip good choice and quality. Everyone raves about yak and Yeti so think I will get a laundry card each for my wife and I and use it there and TRex.
Thanks for the reviews and Tips
Pep is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 22, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pep View Post
Whispering canyon looks good gonna definitely give that a go and I always visit sunshine season every trip good choice and quality. Everyone raves about yak and Yeti so think I will get a laundry card each for my wife and I and use it there and TRex.
Thanks for the reviews and Tips
thank you

I would definitely recommend a Landry card - even if just for priority seating - it means you can be a bit more flexible with your choices if its really busy.

I would definitely do Whispering Canyon again - at the moment it's $24 for breakfast/lunch skillets and $36 for dinner skillets, so going earlier is easier on the wallet. It's easy to get to on a boat from MK and it's lovely to break up a long day there. The Carnivore skillets is great f you're a meat eater - there is a lighter one too.