Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Aug 22, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Tile are ok. But they only ping off other tiles or when you are near them. AirTags ping off any iPhones nearby. There are a lot of iPhones. My trip to Sweden last week was the first time I have used my AirTags and they worked well
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

This is a good comparison
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

We’re off today and have put an AirTag in each case.

As we’re flying AA they have a luggage tracking facility too. I can see on the AA app that 3 of our cases have been loaded to a container after check in, one still just shows check in. 3 of the AirTags are together and updating every now and then. The fourth is showing as last located when we checked it in.

Looks like we’re in for a nerve wracking wait to see if that one makes the flight.

Blessing and a cure knowing what’s going on while being helpless to do anything.

Our AirTags are engraved with numbers 1-4 and I took a photo of each open case with the AirTag on top so I know which case is which against the AirTags. So I know what’s in that case at least, not that that helps at the moment.

ETA the last case made it into the plane. The AA app shows fall 4 bags loaded, AirTags are all showing really close.

Edited at 12:55 PM.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

So my last ditch attempt as getting some AirTags is to divert to an apple store in Manchester before driving to the airport. They are asking for a one hour collection time, but at the moment I don’t know what time we are setting off (3 hour drive to Manchester) How strict are they on collection times as if I leave it until I have a better idea of collection time they will be out of stock!
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
You can add as many as you’d like to your account but you can’t link them to multiple accounts unfortunately. Hopefully they might change that in the future with an update.

We had 4 already and just had 4 more delivered today so the we have enough for all cases and bags.

Our original 4 have our initials engraved on three and a dog emoji on the last.

I just got the new ones engraved with the numbers 1-4 to make them easier to identify.
I know you said they cant be linked to different accounts but can they be deregistered from one account and then registered to another ?

I presume they can ?

My DD has an IPhone so we could use them on her account this holiday then I might get one when my contract is up at the of the year and would like to move them to my account
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
deeley
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
We’re off today and have put an AirTag in each case.

As we’re flying AA they have a luggage tracking facility too. I can see on the AA app that 3 of our cases have been loaded to a container after check in, one still just shows check in. 3 of the AirTags are together and updating every now and then. The fourth is showing as last located when we checked it in.

Looks like we’re in for a nerve wracking wait to see if that one makes the flight.

Blessing and a cure knowing what’s going on while being helpless to do anything.

Our AirTags are engraved with numbers 1-4 and I took a photo of each open case with the AirTag on top so I know which case is which against the AirTags. So I know what’s in that case at least, not that that helps at the moment.

ETA the last case made it into the plane. The AA app shows fall 4 bags loaded, AirTags are all showing really close.
Hope it gets to join you on your plane. We used AirTags this week for the first time, we tracked our luggage through the airport and it was at check in for what felt like ages.
All of a sudden it appeared next to plane and we actually then watched them being loaded through the window.
At the destination it was great we we only looked at belt when it tracked it was coming out.
This was luton to sicily btw. EasyJet.

Currently every time we leave the hotel, including kayaking in the sea, my phone pops up to tell me I’ve left my AirTag behind in the room!

Edited at 04:14 PM.
deeley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
deeley
Imagineer

Mobile

Also mine came in four days from apple, using a teacher education discount. Other places had no stock or long delivery lead times.
Covid cancelled Aug 2020!
Back to NYC Dec 22
deeley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JoJoBell View Post
I know you said they cant be linked to different accounts but can they be deregistered from one account and then registered to another ?

I presume they can ?

My DD has an IPhone so we could use them on her account this holiday then I might get one when my contract is up at the of the year and would like to move them to my account
You can.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Cases took ages to come through in Miami, properly because we were some of the first off and immigration was empty so through in minutes.

Could see the cases move from the plane but then I had to abandon the watch as dd got ill. Too many sweets on the plane I think.

We’ll continue to use the AirTags on future trips as it’s nice to have. Anybody thinking of getting them that’s flying AA though would be able to use their in app service just as well.
Old 14 Aug 22, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Norah22
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by deeley View Post
Also mine came in four days from apple, using a teacher education discount. Other places had no stock or long delivery lead times.
I've just tried this but it is still full price using DD's unidays.
Norah22 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List