Old 8 Aug 22, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Thanks Emma.
It was a bit mad but maybe easier than we imagined that option would be. We’ve just been talking about Manchester as a potential option next year. The one thing we all agree on is BA via Heathrow is an absolute no no😂
Is that even if the Money Money Money is a better price
Xx
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Is that even if the Money Money Money is a better price
Xx
Well played Emma, well played 👏
Old 26 Aug 22, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
In the end it was a pretty smooth travel day. I don't know how you managed to sleep the night before though with all those changes! I'm a nervous wreck and struggle to sleep even without flight cancellations and a different airport...Anyway, the room looks fab and spacious. A shame about the lack of storage, but overall it looked great.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 22, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
So glad you managed to get there- sounds like a nightmare
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 22, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
In the end it was a pretty smooth travel day. I don't know how you managed to sleep the night before though with all those changes! I'm a nervous wreck and struggle to sleep even without flight cancellations and a different airport...Anyway, the room looks fab and spacious. A shame about the lack of storage, but overall it looked great.
I think I had used up all my energy reorganising stuff so once we finally got to bed I was shattered!

If we stay next time I’ve got a few ideas in how to improve the storage and I’d only unpack one case at a time.

Originally Posted by rafjen View Post
So glad you managed to get there- sounds like a nightmare
Thanks. Couldn’t believe how smoothly it went after the chaos of the day before. We were so grateful not to run in to any additional problems. To be honest I’d have stood on the plane for 9 hours by that point just to get there. 😂
Old 2 Sep 22, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

A smooth travel day after all, I bet it was such a huge relief that everything did fall into place. I would be exhausted too after all the upheaval to actually get your travel day….I may need to hear your storage solution ideas, I was already thinking of drawstring or canvas bags for the hooks, I have some kind of floating storage thing I took to Disney one year so might need to get that out! Can you guess where I have ended up booking?
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 22, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
A smooth travel day after all, I bet it was such a huge relief that everything did fall into place. I would be exhausted too after all the upheaval to actually get your travel day….I may need to hear your storage solution ideas, I was already thinking of drawstring or canvas bags for the hooks, I have some kind of floating storage thing I took to Disney one year so might need to get that out! Can you guess where I have ended up booking?
Did you book Dockside? The 2 bedroom? We really liked it. I’m planning on booking it again.

I found one of these in the cupboard.

Thought that might work well in the wardrobe in the bedroom since it has no drawers. Thought Ds could split his stuff in one of those. I just left his packing cubes on the wee seat last time - one for undies and socks and one for shorts and tops.

Drawstring bag would be good for swimwear.

There were drawers in the main bed area and enough room for cases. I am just planning on unpacking a weeks worth at a time.

There were shelves above the picnic bench which were great for bits and bobs and snacks and there were hooks beside the big mirror where I put bags and hats, also loads of room for shoes there.

Just the lack of drawer space in the wee bedroom that made it annoying.
Old 2 Sep 22, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Did you book Dockside? The 2 bedroom? We really liked it. I’m planning on booking it again.

I found one of these in the cupboard.

Thought that might work well in the wardrobe in the bedroom since it has no drawers. Thought Ds could split his stuff in one of those. I just left his packing cubes on the wee seat last time - one for undies and socks and one for shorts and tops.

Drawstring bag would be good for swimwear.

There were drawers in the main bed area and enough room for cases. I am just planning on unpacking a weeks worth at a time.

There were shelves above the picnic bench which were great for bits and bobs and snacks and there were hooks beside the big mirror where I put bags and hats, also loads of room for shoes there.

Just the lack of drawer space in the wee bedroom that made it annoying.
I was looking to book Dockside but ended up with Surfside as it was a better price for the 2 bed suite on our dates. I was really torn whether to do Aventura or Sapphire Falls but I think the teenagers and us will appreciate the suite instead of all being in the same room. I watched a room video so had thought about the storage issues already. I’m sure I have one of those IKEA hanging things too.
On our cancelled trip I had us booked in to try Endless Summer for a night to see if we would like it but your trip persuaded me to just go for it for the 2 weeks. We will base ourselves here and if we fancy doing nights elsewhere then we’ll just book them, still undecided if we are going to venture to Disney…
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 22, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Surfside looked lovely as well and is just across the street so you can nip over to dockside easily. I believe you can use either pool just none of the other resorts. Surfside seemed much calmer as it’s smaller and the buses stop there first. I’d happily stay at either. You can get on to idrive easier as well.
Have you watched the despicable threes you tube video about it?
Old 2 Sep 22, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Surfside looked lovely as well and is just across the street so you can nip over to dockside easily. I believe you can use either pool just none of the other resorts. Surfside seemed much calmer as it’s smaller and the buses stop there first. I’d happily stay at either. You can get on to idrive easier as well.
Have you watched the despicable threes you tube video about it?
I thought I might be able to use the pool still in the other resorts not that we have ever pool hopped before, too busy in the parks!

I’ll definitely watch their video, I feel like I need to recap so many tips that I have forgotten!