Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Another Here Now positive update

Before I flew out I was quite worried reading all the negative posts about the parks, CM's and housekeeping so I thought I'd give a quick update.

So far we've only done MK but in two days we've covered everything we wanted to. We did early access on day 1 which is only half an hour before regular admission and managed to do Space & Buzz and then went over to do BTM & Splash. After that we did Pirates & Jungle Cruise and then had a dole whip. We finished off with It's A Small World Today we didn't get in until after 9 (which means, if you're an off site guest there at opening you can still get loads done) we did SDMT, Peter Pan. Wine the Pooh, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Carousel of Progress and the People Mover. We then went to the place that used to do Dole whips and had something better which was called I Lava You Float. It's Orange Dole Whip with the Fanta orange soda, and Strawberry and Red Passion Fruit Syrup and popping candy - my new favourite thing.

On both days we left the park around 1ish to walk back to BLT for lunch and a swim. If you wanted to stay in the park there's still plenty of short wait thing to do like Carousel of Progress, People Mover, Indy Speedway etc., We will probably pop back another morning or perhaps in the evening to see the park at night. We're planning the same strategy for the other parks but as MK has the most rides I think it was a good indication that, if you don't want to, you don't need to buy Genie + or LL. I used the app to monitor the wait times and they were more or less accurate, if anything the wait was slightly shorter than posted.

As far as CM's and housekeeping goes, we need extra coffee so called housekeeping, had a lovely chat with the CM and she got more coffee sent up. We are DVC members and as today was day 4 of our stay, we were due a full clean which was carried out as scheduled. Every single CM we've encountered has been up to the usual Disney pre pandemic standard. There are a lot more "earning your ears" but they all still have that Disney magic.

Basically if you're heading out, don't listen to the nay sayers. Come out with a positive opinion and make you're own mind up.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 04:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We went to MK today. Got there around 2pm as we are staying offsite and had a relaxing morning. Not going to lie, it was very busy and we didn’t manage to get on any rides, mainly because everything had a very long wait 45 minutes plus even for the People Mover. For instance.

However, we strolled around, enjoyed the castle, had iced coffees and just appreciated the fact we were there. We hung out for a few hours and then walked to the Floridian and hopped on the boat to Fort Wilderness to see the horses. Had a lovely day.

Have the Halloween party booked, so will aim to get rides done then or May go back as early as possible.

It’s busy everywhere, but as I say, I’d rather be here than anywhere else 🥰
Old 8 Aug 22, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
It’s the peak time of the peak season of arguably their busiest year ever due to the roll over of holidays due to restrictions

If people are complaining about the busyness of the parks or that the staff aren’t 100% on top of things then they need to get some perspective. Appreciate some people will have isolated bad service but nothing this august will be perfect

Disney Land... Disney Land Paris
May14, Sep15... Mar17

Edited at 09:41 AM.
Fatboyslick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
wickesy
VIP Dibber

Glad to hear things are going well for you Jakki. We are flying out on Friday and hoping to do without Genie+, or just buy for one day in a couple of the parks if we need to.

Trip Reports: WDW '07 ~ WDW '08 ~ SF & Disneyland '08 ~ WDW '09 ~ Smokies '09 ~ DLP '10 ~ DCL '10 ~ Crown Princess '11 ~ WDW '11 ~ DCL '12 ~ DCL '13

wickesy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by wickesy View Post
Glad to hear things are going well for you Jakki. We are flying out on Friday and hoping to do without Genie+, or just buy for one day in a couple of the parks if we need to.
I'd say take advantage of the jet lag during the first few days and get to the parks for opening, you'll get so much done

I'll be sure to say hi if I spot you guys and we're using your old points to stay at ALK at the end of the trip

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
jorm35
slightly serious Dibber

Been here a week now and have had a great time. We’ve done every ride, although did pay for FOP, GOG and ROR. Genie+has worked brilliantly for us even when going in later in the day as have been able to stack rides with overlapping times.
It’s busy but imo no busier than usual for this time of year.
My only grumble is that the trams are still not running from the car parks to the park entrances.
Old 8 Aug 22, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Thanks for posting, it’s lovely to have a positive post.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List