Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Aug 22, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Toria
Getting Excited

We stayed offsite and used Genie + one day of the 14 days we were there for HS - It worked very well for us, there was 10 of us so a fair bit of money to splurge. We didn't go to far and pay the extra for Rise but queued and we did everything in that park in one day - We all said it was totally worth it for us and my daughter being super quick and savvy booked us almost back to back with rides.

While i don't love Genie + and do miss the old system of booking 30days out - As an offsite guest this does work better for us.
Toria is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Blimey, I think the heats gotten to some dibbers today, be kind maybe or walk on by x
While I agree its good to be kind the way the origional post was constructed reflected the replies.

If someone posts in a melodramatic way the replies will also be this way, as a poster you have to often have to take some responsibility for the way a reply is constructed.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Letterhead
Serious Dibber

Letterhead's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Out of interest, does anyone know if stats are available for the effects Genie+ and lightning lanes habe had on standby wait times. Or are they noticeably shorter or longer?
Letterhead is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
SamH88
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Imagineer2802 View Post
It's not a level playing field though is it...it's those who can pay more... So that's a moot point. Onsite guests should get the perks given the hotels are significantly more expensive that off-site and whilst I couldn't afford to stay deluxe, I do think deluxe should get more perks as, like the OP said, it's significantly more money...and for what?

I am worried about this Genie system and we fly out Monday. We wouldn't be going this year if it hadn't been postponed. We have been going for 20 years and certainly will be voting with our feet and not returning for a good few years at least. It's outpriced itself and stripped back too many perks to make it worth it now.
You seem to have missed where I said levels the playing field for those who want to pay extra for Genie +.

Deluxe resorts are more expensive because they are closer to the parks, have more transport options, more dining options, better pools, better facilities.

Disney has always been too expensive for most families but some people don’t seem to realise that and are only now seeing how expensive it is because it’s effecting them. Also Universal isn’t exactly cheap yet some people gloss over that. All Ears did a price comparison recently and they were pretty much the same.

Edited at 12:01 PM.
SamH88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
JJ Disney
Trying for More Ears

Thank you YVEMC I will check out that video, it’s not going to ruin my holiday I’m just making observation, I thought the fast pass system was a lot easier and better at universal and we did so many more rides the rapids which my 5 year old daughter lived we went on 10 times I’ve not experienced this here yet but we’ve not been to all the parks.

We are having a lovely time it will not ruin our holiday I just perfected the old system.

Thank you for all the replies it’s good to hear Im not the only one!
JJ Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Keegan
Apprentice Imagineer

The standby queues are so much shorter and quicker with Genie+. Fastpass was available for far too many people, so yes you got on 3 rides fairly quickly but everything else was a fairly long queue.

The current standby times are definitely inflated, sometimes by quite a large margin. We only bought Genie+ one day, used standby the rest of the time and our longest waits were 60 mins for Rise and Slinky. Everything else was usually 40mins or less in reality despite the higher posted wait times.

So I’m definitely a fan of Genie+ in the sense of that if you don’t want to pay for it, you’re not exactly at a huge disadvantage. Whereas I found if you hadn’t managed to make any fastpasses you definitely missed out more.

Edited at 12:05 PM.
Keegan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
i have to say, disney over the years has started withdrawing a lot of the perks for onsite guests which is a shame. for the likes of us who has had the luxury of staying onsite years ago will notice the difference in offerings as appose to those that went years and years ago as children and now going back with their own or first time holidays.

i do feel even half the charge of fees for onsite guests would be appreciated, and also the parking like it used to be, if you have paid for onsite parking you can drive and park at the parks for free.

universal deluxe resort in our case was cheaper staying for the night and getting the fast passes then buying two fast passes alone.

as others have said, people will start walking but for every family that refuse to return, a new family will visit for the first time and not know any different
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexGirl13
Proud to wear my Ears

Oh dear, sorry to hear that, but glad you’re enjoying Beach Club as we’ll be there tomorrow! 🎉
EssexGirl13 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
su708
VIP Dibber

We've just got back & did 9 days onsite, we made sure we were there for early entry every day & managed to ride all the top tier rides no problem with minimal queues, I refused to buy genie + as I really resented paying more when we've been going over 20 years & had free fast passes, we would then leave the parks around 1pm as we'd done most of what we wanted, sometimes going back in late evening. Worked really well for us.
su708 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
JJ Disney
Trying for More Ears

You are going to love it 🤩😍
JJ Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List