Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Aug 22, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
srh
slightly serious Dibber

Sunbed savers

Do a yellow plastic giraffe and a blue dolphin reserve sunbeds?

That’s it really.

Aaargh I hate sunbed savers!
Old 13 Aug 22, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Are we talking of Florida or elsewhere?

I can spot a sunbed saver from a mile away and if I wanted that sunbed they would find their stuff in the bin.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
srh
slightly serious Dibber

Not Florida - I’ve never had a problem there. We are in a lovely boutique hotel in Elounda Crete.
It drives me mad. The hotel rooms generally have private pools, but for those that don’t ( including me) there are 7 parasols with chairs round the main pool. Needless to say they are being reserved before breakfast with items ranging from said giraffe and dolphin to flip flops. There are very few children here so needing to be on a bed to watch the children isn’t really an issue.

Aargh rant over and back to looking at the sparkling Bay of Mirabello which is looking mighty gorgeous this morning.
Old 13 Aug 22, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Wouldn't worry me in the slightest. In the bin they would go. Can't be doing with entitled people. However your Resort sounds lovely.

Edit. Probably once or twice a year I see people doing this at SSR. I know they are going to a Park as they are fully dressed and have backpacks on etc. They tend to put an old book or just towels on up to 4 loungers.

As soon as I spot people looking for loungers I make a point of telling them what has happened or the Pool Lady. Soon sorted.

Edited at 08:53 AM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Is there a local rule about reserving them? Some places don't allow it , others remove towels if they are not being used after a period of time (unless in the pool)
Old 13 Aug 22, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I’m with Tom. I think the dolphin may have mysteriously decided to give the giraffe a swimming lesson in the pool…😉
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
srh
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
I’m with Tom. I think the dolphin may have mysteriously decided to give the giraffe a swimming lesson in the pool…😉

Actually the pool is being cleaned by a robot, the like of which I have never seen. It goes over the bottom of the pool and then rises and cleans the surface. I have led a sheltered life!

You are right Tom, the resort is perfect apart from dolphin and giraffe. I have just seen my husband slide down the steps and enter the pool with a splash. Apparently he meant to do it!
Old 13 Aug 22, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Wow, that sounds like a good bit of kit.

Old 13 Aug 22, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

This is why I love ikos
We were there a few weeks ago and they have a card on each table between the beds saying no sunbed saving and stuff will be removed
They also had the pool robots - so cool
Old 13 Aug 22, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

I guess my question would also be, in a luxury resort why are there not enough that people feel the need to reserve them? If it's about shade then surely they should have spare parasols?
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List