Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 13 Apr 15, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
**Leigh_11_22**
Helping Minnie

Day 20 - Hollywood Studios and Fantasmic

Here is a link to my pre-trip report and previous days:

Index - Pre-trip report and previous days

The end of the holiday was really coming up fast now! How had it been 3 weeks? I woke this morning and promised myself that I would not feel the end of holiday blues! Yeah like that was going to happen! I did try though.

We had some breakfast, using up some of the last bits of cereal and pop tarts that we had in. I spent the morning doing some more packing while the three of them played in the pool. I did quite well, mine and Aaron’s bits were now done, and Tom just needed to sort his. I was happy too as it looked like we wouldn’t need all 3 of the suitcases that we had pre-booked.

After a couple of hours of pool time, we got ourselves showered and dressed. We had decided on a big lunch before heading to Hollywood Studios. Applebee’s was the choice today and we were soon parked up. I can’t remember which one it was that we visited but it was a little dreary Maybe it was just the time of day but I was expecting something a little brighter and certainly livelier!

Anyway we ordered two lots of the $20 deals to share. I’m not sure what we all had now to be honest I do know that we had delicious Oreo milkshakes, after all it would have been too early to have a cocktail I think I actually had two milkshakes here, I guess I was finally getting used to those American portions!

Anyway we paid up and were soon heading out to Hollywood Studios.

It was quite busy today, even with it being a recommended day. I’m not sure why to be honest but it didn’t matter too much to us today as we were here for Fantasmic tonight and anything else was to be a bonus.

We wandered for a while, browsing and people watching as our FP’s were all for later in the day and the rides had quite long standby lines.

We had frozen minute maid lemonades and decided what to do. We settled on an animation class as we had enjoyed it so much the other day. Alas, it was not meant to be today though as the queues were so big.

Samantha and Tom did the art of animation Mushu talk thingy-bob! I can’t think what it’s called! Aaron spent a good while in the meet and greet area playing with the interactive drawing boards

We moved on and had a few things that we hadn’t done yet; Indianna Jones; Lightening Mcqueen stunt show; and meet and greets. We had a team meeting and as none of the show times were quite right for us we decided to try the Great Movie Ride out

The queue was out of the sun which was a plus and we had cold drinks while we waited. I thought it was rubbish! I’m not sure what others think of it but I promptly fell asleep, oops!

Samantha and Tom got beers from a cart outside while Aaron and I called in at writers stop for slush. On the way we saw posters for Once Upon a Time, which we love! There was a big picture of Regina and Aaron has a teeny tiny crush on Regina so he was very flustered lol

We wandered around the streets of America and looked at the Osbourne lights that had started to go up over the last couple of weeks. It must be amazing to see them and they are on my list for next time. We had photos with the umbrella

This is Tom in full swing with his holiday look Cap, vest, sunglasses, bumbag, backpack on both shoulders and drinking a slush! All he needs is white socks

Up next was our First FP of the day, Frozen Singalong! We weren't convinced about this and Aaron thought it would be girly but when the FP came up for it but I booked it anyway

OMG it was amazing! It was so fun and everybody really got into it. The little girl that I was sat next to kept hitting me in the face when she was opening her arms wide singing Let It Go! Haha it was so entertaining and really captured the magic of the film I thought.

We had more drinks and slush before moving on to our next ride. This was Aaron's must do - star tours. We had done this several times over the last few weeks and we are really fond of it. This time though was extra special, Aaron was picked as the rebel spy! Haha he was so shocked and it made it more interesting

We didn't have much time left now so headed for some food. We sat in the outside area by ToT. Aaron and Samantha had kids pizza meals, Tom and I both had Turkey legs. We didn't finish them and Aaron helped to polish mine off, he's just like his dad sometimes

We had our next FP ready to use now and it was for ToT. We had a 10 minute wait and it was as terrifying as ever! Tom made a friend in the queue as usual This time it was a young boy who had a Liverpool kit on. This obviously meant that he had to talk to him and his dad about football for the entire time!

Once we were out it was time for Fantasmic! We had a little time so decided to get ice cream and drinks to take in with us. Aaron went for a cone with mint choc chip, I had the most amazing chocolate cookie sandwich with mint choc ice cream and Samantha had a brownie sundae which she said was nice but really filling!

In we went with the crowds and it was so busy and full already! The atmosphere was amazing. I was so glad that we had a FP for this so we hadn't had to rush or get there too early for seats. We sat down and finished our treats. It was soon time to play games with the CM's and for lots of Mexican waves.

I'd brought lots of glow sticks from Walmart for a staggering $1 a box! This saved a fortune and stopped Aaron asking for all of the tat that they were selling! Toms friend from earlier had walked in with us and they sat on the bench right in front of us I could hear the boy and his little sister asking mum for the light up things from the CM's so I passed a box of glow sticks along. Both mum and kids were happy so that's my good deed done for the day.

The show itself was ace! If I could only watch one of the night time shows then it would definitely be Fantasmic. Aaron agrees with his mum, Samantha says Wishes all the way and Tom votes for Illuminations! Well it'd be boring if we were all the same wouldn't it?

We said goodbye to HS and made our way out via the shops. Aaron parted with some more of his money (as I'm sure I did) and we were back in the car in no time.

One of the things that I like about Fantasmic is that it's on earlier than the other shows which means that we were home and in bed early too.
Aaron making use of his glow sticks and putting on a parade for us

Auntie Sam's kiss good night

No set plans for tomorrow other than an ADR at O'hana in the evening

Edited at 04:03 PM.
**Leigh_11_22** is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 15, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore14
Apprentice Imagineer

Eeyore14's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Sounds like a great day. I can't wait for Fantasmic, I think I will get some glow sticks before hand to. It was interesting what you thought about Frozen. I am I'm two minds about it, would we be a bit out of place as we are 3 adults?
Old 13 Apr 15, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
l33na
VIP Dibber

We've never done Fantasmic. Will this year for sure. I loved the pics with the glow sticks. Well done Aaron and you for your good deed. Thanks for the tips on where to get them from. I get very sad towards the end too
l33na is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 15, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another great day

Joan
Old 15 Apr 15, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

It's so horrible when you get close to the end of a trip, it's like a balloon deflating! You want to have enjoy your time but there's an impending sense of doom that won't go away.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 15, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

What a great day! I totally thought yesterday was your last full day so that was a nice surprise

I agree with Sam about wishes being the best

Love Aaron's glow stick show

Xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 15, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
JosieO
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Just caught up on your report. It looks like you had the best time ever, I'm very jealous! We'll definitely have to try and get a fastpass for Fantasmic x