Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15 Apr 18, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Scottishnellie Goes Girly In Turkey - Day 1 Mexican

I have decided to define the days by which restaurant we eat in as that is pretty much the main thing that separates one day from another here. There are 8 a la cartes here, Mexican, Turkish, Greek, Chinese, Fish which are all free and Japanese, Italian and Steak which incur an extra charge. The free of charge ones you can use once in your stay. The ones you pay extra for you can use as much as you like. All of the restaurants close on one or two days of the week so if you want to make the absolute most of them it helps to find this out so you can plan which ones to use on which days. The booking system is via phone in your room from 9am to 12 noon. So having stayed here so many times I have this down to a T. The trick is to phone a soon as it turns 9am, then press 1 to fast froward through all the extra info the recording gives you, then you select a number for which restaurant you want, you have the option to add another room to dine with you so I would then add Diannes room so she didn't need to do anything and we would have the 4 of us at one table.

I woke at 9:35 so was a bit later than planned. I managed to book a table for just Hannah and I at the Mexican but couldn't add Diannes room. So I took that, showered and got ready then popped into Guest Relations on my way to the pool to add Diannes room. Sorted.

This was the view from our rooms. Nothing special but bright and sunny

Got some beds at the pool and settled down. Much better view eh? And it was lovely and warm already.

Dianne and Emma arrived not far behind me, then Hannah appeared about 11:30. There's a good atmosphere around the big pool with pop music playing and the entertainment team doing pool games and things. It's the most lively pool, but being the largest one is not heated. Emma and Hannah did go in a few times but couldn't really play in at all day as a bit too cold at this time of year.

This is where I went into sleep mode. I slept on the sun bed right up until lunch. We went for lunch in the main buffet restaurant

Then I slept all afternoon. I kid you not. I would fall asleep, wake up and turn over and fall straight asleep again. When I finally properly sat up at about 4pm, Dianne and Emma had been playing mini golf, been down the beach and in the sea, and been down the water slides. I had slept through the whole lot while Dianne was being supermum getting involved in everything and exploring! They had also bought this big inflatable flamingo for Emma for 40 euros from the hotel shop.

Hannah had dozed and watched Netflix on her ipad with her head under a towel so she could see it. This became a pattern!

We left the pool about 5pm to go and get ready. This is where we realised that Hannah had only suncreamed selected areas of the back of her legs and was all pink white stripes. Numpty. Her auntie Dianne christened her Hannah red legs after that.

We got ready

And headed to the Mexican for 7pm and were greeted by the same waiter as last year. The Mexican is outdoors and can get chilly at night so we were in jeans and tops with cardis at the ready.

Whenever you ask the waiters to take a photo for you they cannot resist a cheeky selfie first

The food was amazing and the service brilliant as always. They always pour your wine then just leave the rest of the bottle on the table for you as if you had bought it in a normal restaurant. I have found in some other hotel a la cartes in turkey you need to ask when you want more wine and have even had to buy a bottle of wine in some despite being all inclusive. The Voyage is so good at all these wee things making it a step ahead. We were beaten by the portion sizes though. We are so used to having the boys with us to hoover up the excess food.

After dinner we headed to the Pub. This is inside the hotel but is just like a proper pub. The girls lounged on the big couches outside catching up on their social media while me n Di had a few cocktails

We messaged the boys and got a message and pictures back to show they had got together and taken the boys to the local hotel where they had a few beers then back to Andrews for some food. This was good as it was actually Andrews birthday today. The boys are both off work all week as being the school holidays they need to be home to look after the kids so they didn't need to get up next day either.

We then moved down into the main lobby bar and had a few more cocktails.

Despite having slept most of the day I was feeling really sleep again so we headed back to the rooms and were in bed by midnight.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List