Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 22 Mar 19, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mum22boys1girl
Imagineer

Mobile Discovery Cove Swim?

Hi,

I'd love to do a dolphin swim with my family of 5 for my birthday which is Halloween. I've looked into this and am a little shocked at how much I've found it for...£195 each! So £975 in total. This does include SeaWorld and Aquatica as well.

What are your thoughts on this price? Is there any way of getting them cheaper do you think?!

Would love your advice please!

Thank you, Janine
Old 22 Mar 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
kathrynwdw123
I want to go now!

Mobile

That is actually quite cheapish for what you get- there is 5 of you, includes the dolphin swim which adds to the cost and Sea World tickets are expensive. I doubt you can get them cheaper elsewhere.
kathrynwdw123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We thought it seemed extortionate before we went. Now we think it was money well spent. It's such a unique opportunity and the dvd of the dolphin interaction (although I don't think you can get this anymore) is loved by my mum as much as my kids, they love to see themselves swimming with Hutch. If you can afford it I'd definitely recommend doing it.
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mum22boys1girl
Imagineer

Mobile

This will be my 9th time going, and my childrens second time (they were 7 4 and 2 last time). Weve never done discovery cove, so would love too. However...I worry I'm cramming in too much in 2 weeks. Were doing Disney universal and also wanting a day at Clearwater! I don't really think well be able to afford to go back any time soon... x
Old 23 Mar 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mum22boys1girl View Post
This will be my 9th time going, and my childrens second time (they were 7 4 and 2 last time). Weve never done discovery cove, so would love too. However...I worry I'm cramming in too much in 2 weeks. Were doing Disney universal and also wanting a day at Clearwater! I don't really think well be able to afford to go back any time soon... x
It really depends on whether you think you're ever going back? We always say it'll be our last trip then somehow a couple of years later we're off again.

Sounds like your already have loads planned but DC is a lovely relaxing no pressure day (apart from getting there early). I'd rather do that than a day at the beach if I had the money
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ivegottadream View Post
It really depends on whether you think you're ever going back? We always say it'll be our last trip then somehow a couple of years later we're off again.

Sounds like your already have loads planned but DC is a lovely relaxing no pressure day (apart from getting there early). I'd rather do that than a day at the beach if I had the money
Talking of beach, are there are sandy areas at DC where my DS can take his bucket/spade etc? He’ll happily dig for hours in a bit of sand!
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
oeamon
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by 99plums View Post
Talking of beach, are there are sandy areas at DC where my DS can take his bucket/spade etc? He’ll happily dig for hours in a bit of sand!
loads of sandy areas (actually mostly sandy areas) and next to the heated lagoon.
oeamon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

We dropped Universal in order to do DC as, like you, I felt it would be too much to fit it all in. I'm really glad we did as we all loved DC and felt it was good value, we paid around the same as you but got the ultimate ticket which includes SW, Aq & BG along with free parking at them all. Without DC it was £110, with DC £180.

My only slight oan would be the price of the photos $99+ tax for 4 prints. I know I didn't have to buy them but it was such a great day and the pics were great just seemed a tad expensive.
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
angel_eyes
Trainee Dibber

Hi,

I'd love to do a dolphin swim with my family of 5 for my birthday which is Halloween. I've looked into this and am a little shocked at how much I've found it for...£195 each! So £975 in total. This does include SeaWorld and Aquatica as well.

What are your thoughts on this price? Is there any way of getting them cheaper do you think?!

Would love your advice please!

Thank you, Janine
I'd say that's a very reasonable price for the dolphin swim package. I used to think DC was an expensive day, on the face of it, but providing you intend to visit SW and Aq as well, it's not bad value for three parks (especially as you have 14 days' access to the other two parks). When I considered the difference in price for visiting just the SW parks versus a DC package, the DC day worked out approximately £65 extra pp. For a day in an exclusive resort, including food/drink, I'd say that's well worth it. (Oh, and you will love it!)
Old 24 Mar 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

We have only done DC without the Dolphin swim as it is cheaper and we have never felt we missed anything - our favorite part is the snorkeling and the lazy river. If you factor in all the food and drinks and the Park tickets it is a good day out.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List