Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 24 Mar 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Was that free ddp? We were there June 2006 and it definitely wasn't available for us. I don't know if it was a busier time and was offered for you in September in a quieter time. It would have been fantastic for us as we spent loads on food.
When free dining first came out it was a narrow window for booking and holiday dates. We got it in 2007 and I think it was for dates from sometime in August. I don’t remember the end date. We totally wasted it as we had no idea about ADRs and ate at Planet Hollywood most nights as we could get a walk up there!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
justmagical
slightly serious Dibber

I believe it started in 2007 for UK guests. We went first in 2006 and it wasn't available for us. I believe we had Disney park tickets included. When free dining started it came with appetisers and tip included.
I did 2007 and had DDP - remember it well as it’s the only time I’ve had free DP before we return this time

Edited at 07:31 PM.
justmagical is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Was that free ddp? We were there June 2006 and it definitely wasn't available for us. I don't know if it was a busier time and was offered for you in September in a quieter time. It would have been fantastic for us as we spent loads on food.
I’m sure it was BUT i will have to double check.

Okay, Disney World Vacationers… IT’S HERE. Today brings the much-awaited news that Walt Disney World’s Free Dining Offer will be offered to guests for select dates in late August, September, October, November, and December 2016!

free-dining
Disney World Free Dining 2016 Travel Dates
Free Dining is being offered to guests ARRIVING during the dates listed below. A minimum stay of 3 nights is required and your package may not be booked for longer than 14 nights.

August 23* – October 1, 2016
November 15 – November 21
Found this... booked through WDW USA maybe that’s why?
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

The problem with free dining is that since it was introduced the food quality has reduced considerably.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell 766 View Post
And yet, even at the times of the year when no DDP is on offer, the resorts are still full 🤷
Christmas and Easter account are the only historic black out dates for UK guests regarding free dining. This accounts for a matter of weeks and are the busiest times of the year. Yes, the hotels are likely to be fully booked then!
Old 26 Mar 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
Not for Americans who are their main market.
Free dining may be a tighter (lesser?) offer for the American market but they’re are plenty of other offers. They also get ‘bounce backs’ so can re-book the same hotel for future using a discounted rate based on their current stay. Plenty of incentives around for everyone.
Old 30 Mar 19, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarahcop
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Am beginning to get stressed with holiday planning and that’s no fun. I have a deal which is £10300 for Orleans riverside 10 day and 4 days in universal. Will this go up if I wait for the dining plan (if it is happening!) on the 11/4. If I just book how much are meals there. (Disney virgin!) What I’d love is to be able to have breakfast in the hotel at least. If we don’t have a dining plan can we book character meals. Wise ones help...
Sarahcop is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sarahcop View Post
Am beginning to get stressed with holiday planning and that’s no fun. I have a deal which is £10300 for Orleans riverside 10 day and 4 days in universal. Will this go up if I wait for the dining plan (if it is happening!) on the 11/4. If I just book how much are meals there. (Disney virgin!) What I’d love is to be able to have breakfast in the hotel at least. If we don’t have a dining plan can we book character meals. Wise ones help...
No one can say if your price will change unfortunately. From the price, I'm guessing that's a package with flights and flight prices fluctuate all of the time, so that's probably your main factor. Disney's room and ticket prices shouldn't change too much, if at all, and certainly not enough to cover the cost of 10 days of food. Food at Disney is expensive, especially character meals which generally start at around $35-$40pp. With Port Orleans you normally only get the quick service plan which you can't use for character meals, but you can pay to upgrade to the Disney dining plan.
All of Disney's menus with prices are on here, so worth looking at:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/menus.php

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Sarahcop View Post
Anyone can book Disney restaurants at 180 from the date ie today even if they aren’t staying at Disney or have park tickets . You just pay as you would at any restaurant after you have eaten . Disney hold $10 pp just in case you don’t cancel in advance or don’t show up .
You can check the Prices of any restaurant on mde or on the dibb on the wdw menus in the dibb menu on the right . Don’t forget you need to add tax and tips onto them.
Quick service are just like cafes here , pick your food, pay then sit down.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

[QUOTE=Sarahcop;13757388]Am beginning to get stressed with holiday planning and that’s no fun. I have a deal which is £10300 for Orleans riverside 10 day and 4 days in universal. Will this go up if I wait for the dining plan (if it is happening!) on the 11/4. If I just book how much are meals there. (Disney virgin!) What I’d love is to be able to have breakfast in the hotel at least. If we don’t have a dining plan can we book character meals. Wise ones help...

And breathe
It is very stressful waiting for free dining but not long now and you will know what's what. The Dibb probably doesn't help at this time of the year because everyone is so into Disney and it all gets heightened on here due to the sheer numbers of us waiting for the same thing..
Don't book yet you have nothing to loose by waiting you will still be able to book meals etc regardless..
wherever you stay.
Why don't you have a look at a hotel in each range as a backup as in value, moderate, deluxe so you can decide pretty quickly if and when it is released and what the offer is for each category what you want to do, as rooms do get booked up quickly in some resorts, don't worry