Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 2 Jan 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile Miami to Orlando toll charges

We travel to and from Miami to Orlando this year and used the toll roads both ways. This was the only time we used the toll roads. We returned on 23rd August and the only thing that has appeared on our credit card statement is $13 odd.
First I thought it was the daily toll usuage charge but couldn’t work out why $13 odd because we only used the toll roads on 2 days so assumed it would be about $8.
Secondly we have still not had any of the actual toll charges come off our credit card. I know it usually takes a few months but it over 4 months now.
Anyone had this happen before? Also car hire was with Alamo brits.
Old 2 Jan 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
You are correct to say that Alamo have an admin fee of $3.95 per usage day so in your case that would be $7.90 but the actual toll charges are on top of that so you must have incurred around $5 in actual toll costs.

It's common for charges to take 6 weeks or so to hit the CC but are you expecting more beyond the $13? Although we only used Sunpass on one day (to and from MCO to collect daughter) the charges hit our CC in two transactions a couple of days apart.

Mick

Edited at 11:28 AM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
You are correct to say that Alamo have an admin fee of $3.95 per usage day so in your case that would be $7.90 but the actual toll charges are on top of that so you must have incurred around $5 in actual toll costs.

It's common for charges to take 6 weeks or so to hit the CC but are you expecting more beyond the $13? Although we only used Sunpass on one day (to and from MCO to collect daughter) the charges hit our CC in two transactions a couple of days apart.

Mick
Thanks Mike, We used the toll roads both ways to and from Miami so I was expecting a lot more to be added. I’ve been looking every month but it’s only the 1 charge so far. It’s 20 weeks since we got back!
Old 2 Jan 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Mobile

Any one else had any experience of getting toll charges 20 weeks post return from holibobs?
Old 24 Mar 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post

Mick
It’s now March, 7 months after our holiday and we have only been charged $ 5 of actual tolls! (Plus 2 days admin fee) I’m 100% sure we did the toll route to Orlando from Miami both ways.
Old 24 Mar 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Use the 27 dont get tolls
Old 24 Mar 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by colin39 View Post
Use the 27 dont get tolls
For a total $13 I’ll take the toll roads any day. Don’t like lots of traffic lights
And I’ll make do with two less Big Mac Meals
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

I joined the turnpike around Disney and carried straight on to the airport and the total for tolls was $5.86 + $3.95 charge so £7.41 when converted by Halifax at around $1.32/£.

You can check your toll account/history HERE, click the View receipts and online payments bit, enter name and cc number to see what's what. My charges can]me through within the week, like you I was expecting it to be dearer, although I'm yet to be convinced the toll road is any quicker. As PPM says no traffic lights but more traffic so swings and roundabouts really.
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List