Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Apr 18, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Brum26
Very Serious Dibber

What price for flights in June?

Hi all,

We are just starting to plan for June 2019 and as we have only ever been in August don't really know what we should be looking at price wise for June.

We are looking to go for 2 weeks anytime from 21st June onwards and we can go from Birmingham, Manchester or Gatwick although I think Manchester would be our preferred option.

What have you paid for direct flights at the end of June?

August 2022 Pre-Trippie HERE
Brum26 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
weeleighluigi
Imagineer

We have always paid between 400 and 460 pp. Including luggage and seats. We normally go beginning of june for 3 weeks, and that's flying direct from Glasgow.
We also normally book on release, I have seen prices drop closer to dates, thomson are quite good at last minute price drops, however i have also seen them rise. I have always been happy with the prices we got.

This year, our flights cost less than our Disney tickets
weeleighluigi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo82
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by weeleighluigi View Post
We have always paid between 400 and 460 pp. Including luggage and seats. We normally go beginning of june for 3 weeks, and that's flying direct from Glasgow.
We also normally book on release, I have seen prices drop closer to dates, thomson are quite good at last minute price drops, however i have also seen them rise. I have always been happy with the prices we got.

This year, our flights cost less than our Disney tickets
Sorry to jump on the thread. We are going mid June next year from Glasgow. Who do you book with? And is it from the 11 month mark? Tia
jojo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
beswicky2k
Excited about Disney

Direct flights Manchester to Orlando 16/06/2018 - 30/06/2018 with Virgin £312. Found on Skyscanner and booked through Travelbag 25/02/2018. Some good deals if you can wait 😃
Old 6 Apr 18, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Midges17
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by jojo82 View Post
Sorry to jump on the thread. We are going mid June next year from Glasgow. Who do you book with? And is it from the 11 month mark? Tia
I always go from Glasgow in June, if its direct your only real choice is Virgin, Thomson or Thomas cook, I go with the cheapest which on the ii month mark for last year was TC but this year it was Virgin you rally just need to keep checking the prices are normally high on release day then slowly come down, I found TC very high this year compared to last year!
Old 6 Apr 18, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Brum26
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by beswicky2k View Post
Direct flights Manchester to Orlando 16/06/2018 - 30/06/2018 with Virgin £312. Found on Skyscanner and booked through Travelbag 25/02/2018. Some good deals if you can wait 😃
Wow, that's a great price!

August 2022 Pre-Trippie HERE
Brum26 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
weeleighluigi
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jojo82 View Post
For 2016 3 week trip, (june 7th -28th) we booked thomson, on the dreamliner (also paid for luggage), 4 adults and 2 kids, 9 and 4. It was 11 months out, as soon as flights were released... we paid £460pp, then got duty on the kids back, I think it was around £150.

For this year we booked with Thomas Cook, around 14 months ago... for 3 week (3rd -24th june), 3adults and 2 children, 11 and 6.
This price included luggage and I caught the great seat glitch with them so didn't pay to book my seats.
That was £459 pp.
weeleighluigi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo82
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Midges17 View Post
I always go from Glasgow in June, if its direct your only real choice is Virgin, Thomson or Thomas cook, I go with the cheapest which on the ii month mark for last year was TC but this year it was Virgin you rally just need to keep checking the prices are normally high on release day then slowly come down, I found TC very high this year compared to last year!
We flew from Glasgow with virgin last sept and they were the cheapest option then. Just never flew in June before. Would be really happy to get flights for around £500 each. Thanks.
jojo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
weeleighluigi
Imagineer

Originally Posted by beswicky2k View Post

OP we have travelled to Manchester from the west coast of Scotland for flights which have been the same price as quoted here.
We are taking granny this year, we took 2 last year so only option was to fly from Glasgow.
Old 6 Apr 18, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo82
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by weeleighluigi View Post
For 2016 3 week trip, (june 7th -28th) we booked thomson, on the dreamliner (also paid for luggage), 4 adults and 2 kids, 9 and 4. It was 11 months out, as soon as flights were released... we paid £460pp, then got duty on the kids back, I think it was around £150.

For this year we booked with Thomas Cook, around 14 months ago... for 3 week (3rd -24th june), 3adults and 2 children, 11 and 6.
This price included luggage and I caught the great seat glitch with them so didn't pay to book my seats.
That was £459 pp.
They are great prices. Gives me a good idea of what price to look for. My problem is I can’t hold my nerve and jump to book too quick. Then after I book the price drops 🙄. Thanks for the reply