Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Apr 18, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw1991
Imagineer

Mobile Those with insurance via bank...

Our travel insurance is via my OH premier TSB acc. Whenever we ring to update or check we are covered for a specific thing they never seem to make a note of it and just say if it happened after holiday was booked then you’re covered...is this correct? My partner called them to check I’d be covered if anything pregnancy related happened and again they said as long as I’ve not been told to not fly then yes. Now I’ve suddenly had a thought that my OH was poorly with ear infection a few weeks back and the doctor told him to go food blood tests if he wasn’t better (he was) but if he was better to still have them done at some point as in a health check at Christmas (silly time of year to go for one) some of his levels were raised...he hasn’t gone for the blood tests yet...
wdw1991 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sungiggs
Imagineer

sungiggs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi are also the same bank account,the only thing they made a note of for me was my kidney stone which is not active and my vitamin d deficiency that a take a table for monthly. My kids are all covered for asthma, eczema and all sorts which isnt documented on the paperwork but they cover. My top up is £77 in total for whole family,this includes £10 for excess free waiver. I worried the first time but haven't worried since.

sungiggs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mallky555
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Years back we had booked a holiday to Florida and I ended up pregnant not planned total shock and baby was due whilst we should have been on holiday ! We thought we had lost all our money and then I realised we had holiday insurance through NatWest they paid out in full minus £50 within 7 days of receiving a letter off my GP.
Mallky555 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
prugone
Very Serious Dibber

If you have to ring them to report a medical condition prior to travelling make sure you keep a note of the date and time and who you spoke to for your own sake!
prugone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I called Barclays today re my husbands pre existing condition and was given a reference number and said they will be sending out a letter to confirm it’s covered.

They didn’t want to know where we were going or dates of trips though.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
k100dmk
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I have claimed with my bank insurance many times. AXA gold insurance through Lloyds. I rang them to report all of my minor medical issues just to be 100% sure before Florida as treatment is so expensive out there and they just said yeah that's fine, no extra charge. They actually have a huge list of things you don't have to report which I thought you may have to.
k100dmk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
cmpjdp
Imagineer

I’m with nationwide, contacted them last year about DH high blood pressure they asked how many tablets he takes a day, I told them one they said that’s fine he’s completely covered.
Old 14 Apr 18, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

barclays always send out a letter confirming whats covered every time u ring, i have about 6 things covered and all listed
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I called Barclays today re my husbands pre existing condition and was given a reference number and said they will be sending out a letter to confirm it’s covered.

They didn’t want to know where we were going or dates of trips though.
OK Bev that's it, you have my name and waaaay to much in common with me! lol. So many threads I agree with what you have put and now you have the Barclays travel pack too? Thankfully we haven't had to claim with travel insurance yet but DH lung disease and my various ailments are declared with no additional charge so we don't worry too much.

I can vouch for the RAC cover that's included, we broke down going to MILs 130 miles from home (less than 10 miles from MIL) on Good friday at 4.20pm due to times etc there wasn't an option to have a direct recovery home (you'd think there would be), instead after being sat in the middle of no where for over 3 hours we were taken with the car 50 miles then 'dumped' at a non 24 hour services while the car was recovered to a storage facility (was gone 9pm when we arrived, both recovery drivers near end of mileage/shift) bit of a mix up with taxis booked by RAC as there are 5 of us but we finally left there in a 7 seater taxi at 10.20pm to arrive home at 12.10am! A bit more stressful than I'd expect but it worked and cost us nothing.
Tynxuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mine is with Nationwide and every time anything medical has been diagnosed I can them to make a note and make sure I’m covered. Some things have meant an additional fee but I get a letter every time listing the conditions covered.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List