Link to this Post
Kat22
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
TWENTY FLIPPING DAYS :cc at
Yay! 😃
How exciting!
Kat22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
TWENTY FLIPPING DAYS :cc at
I think you are the first one there Tinkerbell!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by rosiela View Post
I don't know why I'm suddenly freaking out about what to take... it's starting to feel VERRRYYY close now. Is it too early to pack?

For those in the know, does this sound reasonable for a packing list:

15 daytime T-shirts (one of which will be to travel back in)
5 pairs shorts
3 pairs 3/4 length linen or cool trousers to be a bit smarter for some evenings
3 smart/casual dresses
Trainers/comfy shoes x 2, water shoes x 1, comfy sandals x 1
Sun hat & baseball cap
Small backpack for parks

Obviously the usual toiletries etc after that.

*hyperventilates*
That sounds like a reasonable list to me!

Mine is something like:
12 tops
1 playsuit
3 dresses- 1 pretty summer dress, 1 loose coverup for over swimwear and one maxi
5 shorts
2 long sleeve tops for evenings (to guard against restaurant aircon)
A light cover up
A light pair of trousers
I'll have jeans and a hoodie from my travelling outfit if needed
Trainers (go walks)
Walking sandals, flat slip on sandals and wedge nicer sandals
Water shoes
3 swimming cossies
1 bikini
2 pjs
Baseball cap
10l backpack from Decathlon
Smaller bag for evenings
Beachbag

So thats just clothes, shoes and bags, without all the other stuff
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Charl_bb
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by rosiela View Post
I don't know why I'm suddenly freaking out about what to take... it's starting to feel VERRRYYY close now. Is it too early to pack?

For those in the know, does this sound reasonable for a packing list:

15 daytime T-shirts (one of which will be to travel back in)
5 pairs shorts
3 pairs 3/4 length linen or cool trousers to be a bit smarter for some evenings
3 smart/casual dresses
Trainers/comfy shoes x 2, water shoes x 1, comfy sandals x 1
Sun hat & baseball cap
Small backpack for parks

Obviously the usual toiletries etc after that.

*hyperventilates*
Where are you staying? I personally will be taking about 8 t shirts, 3-4 shorts, maybe 2 t shirt dresses, no trousers apart from the ones I'm wearing on the plane and a bum bag for the parks. You don't need smart clothes unless you're going to the really posh places. Pack less and you'll have more room to bring stuff back!
Charl_bb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Staying at Port Orleans Riverside. I don’t mean to take really smart stuff but just half decent stuff I can change into for a couple of the evenings so I’m not always in t shirts. Also not planning to shop really (yeah I know, what )... if need be I could buy a new suitcase while there?
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

We do take nicer stuff for the evenings as we enjoy getting changed and dressing a little smarter for dinner! I think its a habit from doing a lot of cruising. However we are on IDrive for a week after being onsite so won't be eating dinner in the parks that week. We find on IDrive (especially around the convention centre area) more people dressed nicely for dinner than shorts and tshirts.

I'm taking out a couple of boxes of cereal for room breakfasts so that space is my designated shopping space for coming back lol! We don't go mad as we don't find clothes etc super cheap over there. Main purchases will be Starbucks mugs and a spirit jersey!

Edited at 08:42 AM.
Old 11 Apr 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Jadebe
Excited about Disney

Can’t decide whether Brexit delay is good or bad for the exchange rate - hedged bets and got some dollars early, but need more. Looking neutral at the moment but need to decode soon!
Old 11 Apr 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat22
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
We do take nicer stuff for the evenings as we enjoy getting changed and dressing a little smarter for dinner! I think its a habit from doing a lot of cruising. However we are on IDrive for a week after being onsite so won't be eating dinner in the parks that week. We find on IDrive (especially around the convention centre area) more people dressed nicely for dinner than shorts and tshirts.

I'm taking out a couple of boxes of cereal for room breakfasts so that space is my designated shopping space for coming back lol! We don't go mad as we don't find clothes etc super cheap over there. Main purchases will be Starbucks mugs and a spirit jersey!
Starbucks mugs and a spirit jersey- just what I was planning to buy!
Kat22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Daytime

3 skirts these from next

And a navy

I wear a lot of harem pants in Spain which I wear all the time like these

I have ten pairs various colours and patterns etc so lightweight, and can be worn day or evening

Dresses I have six again can be worn day or night
Short and long

Forgot to bring my swimwear so had to buy a new one . Got this in next. Love it

I have to buy T-Shirts not just for WDW but in general as I tend to wear them all year round back in Spain, so they get worn very quickly especially on the farm. I’m going to buy ten.

I have go walks trainers, Birkenstock’s and an old pair of Birkenstock fakes. Several fancy flip flops which is what I tend to wear in the evenings as I don’t do heels

I do have two pairs of shorts but on a personal level I hate shorts, as much as I hate trainers but sometimes needs must.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Mobile

My packing is pretty easy. I don’t wear skirts/dresses and don’t really eat anywhere that requires dressing up.
So I pack a few pairs of shorts, vest tops, a couple of T-shirt’s, flip flops and 2 swimming costumes. That’s pretty much it!
I pack light so I can buy more stuff out there and also prefer to do washing there as well which makes it easier.
Unexpectedpenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List