Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Mar 19, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Just booked Feb - think we may only do Universal. I think it is Presidents weekend the first weekend do the crowds die down midweek?
Old 24 Mar 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lottiesmum0 View Post
Just booked Feb - think we may only do Universal. I think it is Presidents weekend the first weekend do the crowds die down midweek?
Crowd calendars have it pretty heavy the whole week after sadly. Universal hotels with express pass the cheapest is £370 for 1 night. Which would kind of destroy the whole "cheap AP" trip which this is meant to be. Im going to keep checking over next 12 months and see if that price drops.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Gizzyspop
Getting Excited

We went on Feb 5th this year, had a great time.

It was really hot all but 2 days. Loads of time spent in the pool and water parks.

Hopefully going back in Feb 2021
Old 26 Mar 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
jimboy2
Apprentice Imagineer

Went feb last year and it was crazy busy. Big cheerleading competition going on for a week. If you’ve ever come across a group of cheerleaders in a Disney park you know what they are like!

DLP June 2017 Kyrad
Orlando February 2018 Celebration
jimboy2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotspair
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the replies, looks like we will go February but will still go again in May. Like the idea that parks are quieter as that will be the main part of the holiday in February.
Scotspair is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Lottie2004
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We’ve just booked Feb 20 - flying with BA on 15th and return 24th ! Also just booked a Dibb villa and now looking at tickets - normal go with the UK tickets sites as there for 14 days but we’ve only got 8 full days so ideally want 3 day Disney and 2 day universal and maybe SeaWorld ? So excited as it will be by Son in laws and my 2 GDs first trip ! Happy planning xxxxx
Lottie2004 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post

We were there from the end of January until February 9th this year (so nowhere near Presidents week). The first week the temperatures were lovely, early to mid 20s the second week it was warmer more like mid to late 20s.

The crowds at Universal were fine, but Disney was busy. I usually go in late April / May and February was much much busier. I don't think I would go in February again, I had actually thought it would be quieter so it was very disappointing for us.

Edited at 12:00 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
We were there from the end of January until February 9th this year (so nowhere near Presidents week). The first week the temperatures were lovely, early to mid 20s the second week it was warmer more like mid to late 20s.

The crowds at Universal were fine, but Disney was busy. I usually go in late April / May and February was much much busier. I don't think I would go in February again, I had actually thought it would be quieter so it was very disappointing for us.
Ugh. Those are the same dates we've booked for next year!

I remember Jan/Feb in Disney being really quiet when we used to go years back, seems there are no quiet times any more. Good for Disney of course, not so good for guests.
Ah well, I'm sure we'll have a great time whatever
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Ugh. Those are the same dates we've booked for next year!

I remember Jan/Feb in Disney being really quiet when we used to go years back, seems there are no quiet times any more. Good for Disney of course, not so good for guests.
Ah well, I'm sure we'll have a great time whatever
Unfortunately it was terrible. We are used to securing ten or more FP a day after the first three, including plenty of "big" rides. This year the only "big rides" we got as extra FPs were Soarin' and Na'vi River. I once saw Frozen available at 7pm but it was only 2pm at the time.

Other than that, there was nothing at all in AK or HS and we literally only did three rides in each park. In MK we could only get extra FPs for minor rides like Dumbo or Small World and the queues were far too long for us to entertain, most over an hour if not two.

I am gob smacked at the comments that February is quiet, although I am sure it is quieter than July / August but we would never go then. I think Disney have found ways to up occupancy all year round.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List