Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 19 Mar 19, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
vickiell
slightly serious Dibber

We have also noticed a massive increase in price. No matter what I price up now it’s always cheaper for us to buy annual passes, so we either get a discount for an onsite hotel or we stay offsite (we are a family of 5).
We go every year but last year we didn’t as we could just not afford it.
For this year I have booked the Marne la Vallée stay city apartments, it was £721 for 7 nights in August. It doesn’t actually open until August but they look nice and there is a bus to the parks. We will just buy annual passes.
Old 19 Mar 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

We usually do 2 nights free offer but I haven’t noticed it recently. Prices have gone up lots , if I don’t get annual passes I think we may book 3 nights through Disney and 1 night at the same hotel through hotels.com using Tesco clubcard vouchers.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

The prices do seem to have gone up, it's harder to find a good deal.

What I will add though, is if you price up WDW just remember you have to add on park tickets, which depending on the party size, can almost double the price.

Though the price stated was for two weeks compared to 5 nights, so it's shocking really. X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by vickiell View Post
We have also noticed a massive increase in price. No matter what I price up now it’s always cheaper for us to buy annual passes, so we either get a discount for an onsite hotel or we stay offsite (we are a family of 5).
We go every year but last year we didn’t as we could just not afford it.
For this year I have booked the Marne la Vallée stay city apartments, it was £721 for 7 nights in August. It doesn’t actually open until August but they look nice and there is a bus to the parks. We will just buy annual passes.
That does look nice but I hate relying on shuttles.

Have you tried the Adagio or Hipark? The Adagio is within walking distance of the RER, and the Hipark is walkable to the parks. I haven't actually stayed at either myself as we are only a couple so don't need the space. We've stayed at the Elysee though, and late at night we've walked out of the park and 15 minutes later been walking into our hotel room!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
vickiell
slightly serious Dibber

They are more expensive and I also like with this one that we can pay when we arrive. We will have our car with us so can drive in as car parking will be free with our annual passes but we prefer getting the buses.
Old 20 Mar 19, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Prices have gone up since Disney took over. This is no surprise as it is the same in all Disney parks. Remember it is more difficult expensive to run a park in France than in the US. CMs have better pay. Costs are higher. It does seem odd that it is a lot more expensive in the UK. I wonder if the price quoted includes travel.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sarryb View Post
The prices do seem to have gone up, it's harder to find a good deal.

What I will add though, is if you price up WDW just remember you have to add on park tickets, which depending on the party size, can almost double the price.

Though the price stated was for two weeks compared to 5 nights, so it's shocking really. X
Oh yeah I get that you still have pay for park tickets with WDW, I guess I just couldn't quite believe that we could go to Florida, onsite at WDW for 2 weeks for the same price as DLP for 5 nights, if we stayed offsite at WDW then it would be even cheaper!

I absolutely love DLP, I just can't quite believe the prices.

The offsite hotels I have been looking at are the partner ones, so Magic Circus etc, will have a look at a few others in Val'D Europe area.

Will also hold off for new offers when they come out.
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
That does look nice but I hate relying on shuttles.

Have you tried the Adagio or Hipark? The Adagio is within walking distance of the RER, and the Hipark is walkable to the parks. I haven't actually stayed at either myself as we are only a couple so don't need the space. We've stayed at the Elysee though, and late at night we've walked out of the park and 15 minutes later been walking into our hotel room!
I've just priced up the Hipark, which came in at £611, I thought great, then when I priced up park tickets (£199.99 for 4 days?! pa, and £182 pc), I could not believe it! That's shocking and would add the price up to just as much as staying onsite (we would need 6 day tickets).

Might have to look at Annual Passes which I'm guessing would be cheaper.
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

They are going up on 2 April so we are getting ours now!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

I struggle to justify the rise in prices especially when the majority of the hotel rooms haven’t had an update in years. I stayed at the DL Hotel back in 2004 and the rooms are exactly the same now as they were then 😏

Edited at 11:44 AM.
act1980 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List