Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Mar 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Security at Disney...

Ok so after the scare yesterday at DLP me and husband were talking and discussing how it would be frightening hearing a bang and seeing many people running. You wouldn’t hang around to find out you’d obviously run with them, well I would!

Then we got onto saying how obviously Disney would be a target due to sheer crowd numbers, which got us onto talking about security in Disney and my husband saying it’s oretty tight. The things we see these days metal detectors, bag checkers etc. But I wonder what security goes on behind the scenes that we don’t know about? Undercover officers in the parks etc?

What security do you think goes on?

I do feel safe in Disney and others parks but in the world we live in at the minute I’m always aware!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

Personally I think the security is pretty rubbish at the Disney parks . I've seen people go in, get a small bag looked in, or a bigger one get a few bits moved with a stick.
The person in the wheelchair or the baby in a pram stay put.
Why's to say they aren't sitting on a small gun or something.
Either do it properly or don't do it at all
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

The visible security is there to make the general public/visitors feel safer and to deter the nut-cases.

The invisible security is there to prevent actual concerted attacks.

A friend works in security - not at Disney, but somewhere equally high profile and says their biggest fears are always staff based not visitor.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
The visible security is there to make the general public/visitors feel safer and to deter the nut-cases.

The invisible security is there to prevent actual concerted attacks.

A friend works in security - not at Disney, but somewhere equally high profile and says their biggest fears are always staff based not visitor.
Wow that’s interesting about staff!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

I think the security at Disney is pretty good, without causing huge queues at screening points they can only do what they can do. Lets face it, if someone is determined to cause harm and trouble they'll always find a way. Look at Disney Springs, anybody could walk around there no security check points at all.
* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

There is absolutely loads of security all over Disney. I know for a fact as I needed security to come once and within seconds 6 security were with me - all pain clothed walking amongst us. All looked like normal guests. They explained there is security at every ride, show, walking round and cameras all over the park and they can see everything. Wasn’t anything to worry about in the end but I was shocked at the response - fast, very very fast.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
syber32
Serious Dibber

It was reported that the guy who committed the shooting at The Orlando nightclub that his intended target was Disney Springs. Apparently he went there with a gun but got put off when he saw a police presence. I think the security at Disney is good but like someone else said if someone really wants to do something bad they will find a way even if it's not their original plan.
syber32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
There is absolutely loads of security all over Disney. I know for a fact as I needed security to come once and within seconds 6 security were with me - all pain clothed walking amongst us. All looked like normal guests. They explained there is security at every ride, show, walking round and cameras all over the park and they can see everything. Wasn’t anything to worry about in the end but I was shocked at the response - fast, very very fast.
That’s what my husband said he thought there would be loads of security masquerading as guests!
Old 24 Mar 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I can spot the plain clothes security at WDW a mile off.

They are very good though. Mostly men by the way.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Mobile

I seen the under cover cm having there meeting, it was during EMH, my son went missing in TL he was found by camera in seconds through cn’CM’s Talking on walkie talkies when we said what he was wearing