Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 20 Mar 17, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
oateyboy
Excited about Disney

First Cruise on Harmony of the Seas

Hi all

We've just booked a 7 night western caribbean cruise on Harmony of the Seas for Nov 2018. I hope to tie it in with a week at Universal Studios Cabana Bay.

A couple of questions...

Firstly how far is Fort Lauderdale from Orlando?

Secondly, can anyone suggest any decent excursions?

Thanks all
oateyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 17, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by oateyboy View Post
Hi all

Secondly, can anyone suggest any decent excursions?

Thanks all
What's your cruise itinerary?
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 17, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We are booked on the harmony of the seas this November doing eastern Caribbean. I think it is about 3 hours from Orlando to fort lauderdale(took 4 hours from Miami last year) DS and DD want to do the zip line and maybe go to maho beach st Maarten to watch the planes landing. Other than that will just mooch about, look round the shops and maybe have a lunch out.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
oateyboy
Excited about Disney

Our itinery is Labadee (Haiti), Falmouth (Jamaica) and Cozumel. Any advice on these stops would be greatly appreciated.
oateyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
We did the ziplining in Falmouth with Chukka. It was absolutely brilliant and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

We booked through DCL but only because we only decided the night before to do it. I would normally book it all DIY and I would definitely do that if we went back.

They pick up right by the ships and are a fab team.

In Cozumel, we just bimbled around the port shops but that was pretty pants. Don't be caught out with the rum cake .. the sample you try is soaked in rum, but the ones you buy are not! :angry:
Old 24 Mar 17, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

On the Harmony make sure you try the Wonderland restaurant.. Something completely different !
Old 24 Mar 17, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Cyclospora
Imagineer

Cyclospora's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I did that itinerary on the Allure of the Seas - the Harmony's sister ship.

We just mooched around in Labadee - and spent the day snorkelling and soaking up the sun.

We loved Cozumel and spent the day at Chankanaab. We got a taxi there (I think we shared with someone else waiting in the queue) and had a great time looking around, snorkelling and lounging!

In Falmouth we went on a Culinary Tour which was really good. the port are at Falmouth is a purpose built compound with lots of shops but there are gates to stop locals coming in. We were met within the compound by 2 lovely ladies who took us on a tour of the town and told us about the history of the place while sampling different fruits, patties and jerk chicken. Really enjoyed this.

We also went up to Orlando after the cruise and I think it was about 4 hours but we did stop on the way.

We also did the Eastern and spent the changeover day in Fort Lauderdale. Had a great time using the watertaxis and hope to go back one day soon

May tomorrow be a perfect day - may you find love and laughter along the way...
Cyclospora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List