Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 21 Jan 17, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
drea b
VIP Dibber

same day as us - are you on the Dream on the 7th April by any chance?
drea b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 17, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Grumpy&Happy View Post
Hi, please can I ask what are the benefits to doing online checkin early rather than checking in on arrival?
You have to check in online with DCL before getting to the terminal. You need to put in your passport details, personal stuff and agree to the DCL contract.

The lady who said it wasn't worth doing it now was mistaking cruise with resorts.

The benefit of doing online check in at your earliest opportunity for DCL is that you can potentially get an early port arrival time, you can register your children for the youth areas which saves a time in the terminal, you can book DCL excursions if you wish before they sell out, book adult dining, meet and greets that are ticket only events, cabanas on Castaway Cay (not likely if you're a first timer though!)

So, you must do your check in before getting there, up to you if you want to book activities at the same time.
Old 22 Mar 17, 01:29 AM  
Link to this Post

What is the soonest you can check in for your POA time as I have booked my cruise with the travel agent .do I need to wait for the tickets and info pack to come from the travel agents
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

I believe you can ask your TA for your DCL reservation number and look online. If its your first cruise I think its around 75 days but not 100% sure.
Old 22 Mar 17, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
For a newbie, it's 75 days out and you must be paid in full.

You'll need to register an account at theDisney Cruise website, you cannot do online check in without registering I'm afraid.

You should have your confirmation number (maybe on an email?) .. add this to your account once you've registered and the details will come up. It will also tell you the date you can do online check in and book activities etc.

You don't get tickets for a cruise, just a booklet with your info in and some luggage tags. You'll need to take this booklet with you as they scan the bar code and check passports to ensure you're the right people (or at least that's what they're supposed to do).

Did you book with a UK agent? If you did, then it's anyone's guess as to when you'll get the booklet I'm afraid. They work very differently to US agents.

Edited at 10:38 AM.
Bats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
For a newbie, it's 75 days out and you must be paid in full.

You'll need to register an account at theDisney Cruise website, you cannot do online check in without registering I'm afraid.

You should have your confirmation number (maybe on an email?) .. add this to your account once you've registered and the details will come up. It will also tell you the date you can do online check in and book activities etc.

You don't get tickets for a cruise, just a booklet with your info in and some luggage tags. You'll need to take this booklet with you as they scan the bar code and check passports to ensure you're the right people (or at least that's what they're supposed to do).

Did you book with a UK agent? If you did, then it's anyone's guess as to when you'll get the booklet I'm afraid. They work very differently to US agents.
Once again your knowledge is second to none ,yes it's all paid now but as usual I will have to phone them up to get the confirmation number ,as for Disney site all ready signed up..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 17, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by stevb63 View Post
Once again your knowledge is second to none ,yes it's all paid now but as usual I will have to phone them up to get the confirmation number ,as for Disney site all ready signed up..
You've received no emails from DCL? They're great emails as they tell you what to expect. Your TA should have added your email address when you booked the cruise, that way you would have got the confirmation and all the blurb stuff.

Sorry that your TA has not been good. :angry:
Old 4 Apr 17, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
TIMCSS
Excited about Disney

Does check in Open at 12pm mid day now then not midnight in the USA (6am UK)?

Thank you
TIMCSS is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TIMCSS View Post
Does check in Open at 12pm mid day now then not midnight in the USA (6am UK)?

Thank you
I'm sure its midnight (5am UK)