Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 11 Apr 17, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

Disney Magic Deck 1

Hi all,

We haven't been on our first cruise yet (Disney Dream Oct) but since finding out that the Magic is doing a Dover cruise in the summer holidays next year I can't stop trying to work out if we could afford to do it. It is something that has been on my bucket list for a while.

The cheapest price is the inside cabins on deck one, I'm looking midship. Are those cabins any good noise wise? We can all be very light sleepers.

If I do book it and we decide cruising isn't for us would we be able to get out deposit back in Nov/Dec time?

Thanks

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

Our 2017 return DCL / BC / Universal HRH Vlogs
DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
lass1308
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We have stayed on deck 2 and are doing deck 1 at the end of May. Cabin reports suggest our deck 1 inside will be good.

I would suggest you check terms for timings on cancellations, so you know when you can cancel and get a refund.
lass1308 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 17, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Love deck 1! We've stayed there twice I think and prefer it over deck 2 which we have also done a few times.

Very quiet and great for sleeping, especially if you have an inside room (so dark you can't see your hand in front of your face!). I wear ear plugs anyway as Mick snores, but the only noise you'll hear is crew moving around by their own rooms (deck 1 is their top deck). At some ports, the exit is on deck 1 so that's nice and easy, plus, the lifts will always be available if you want to use them as you're at the start!

Book it!
The Magic is our favourite ship .. I can give you great recommendations for servers too if you need them.

Should be no problem in cancelling later this year if you book direct or through a US TA. Do not book it with a UK agent or you will lose deposits etc. :angry:

Edited at 09:51 AM.
Bats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 17, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you for your help. I'm still working out our figures I really hope it's something we can do. Fingers crossed our son gets on with our 4 night in October as that is our tester

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 17, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by DisneyBride08 View Post
Thank you for your help. I'm still working out our figures I really hope it's something we can do. Fingers crossed our son gets on with our 4 night in October as that is our tester
Go along to the Open House of the Oceaneers Club on the first day together. Play, let him meet the counsellors and other children .. get him to enjoy it and he'll have a great time I'm sure.
Old 12 Apr 17, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Go along to the Open House of the Oceaneers Club on the first day together. Play, let him meet the counsellors and other children .. get him to enjoy it and he'll have a great time I'm sure.
We will do but he has to have one to one support at school (autism) so not sure how we feel about leaving him in the clubs when it isn't an open house. He is pre-verbal so we have to go on his visual queues. He is very happy with computers and iPads so he could be happy for an odd hour here and there.

I have also poured over the navigators that I have found online and worked out there will be enough to keep him busy if he doesn't go to the clubs.

On the Magic cruise from Dover I also feel that we will be inclined to get off of the ship to look around at the ports etc so I'm not so worried about the keeping him entertained part. He loves live shows and meeting characters etc.

Old 13 Apr 17, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by DisneyBride08 View Post
We will do but he has to have one to one support at school (autism) so not sure how we feel about leaving him in the clubs when it isn't an open house. He is pre-verbal so we have to go on his visual queues. He is very happy with computers and iPads so he could be happy for an odd hour here and there.

I have also poured over the navigators that I have found online and worked out there will be enough to keep him busy if he doesn't go to the clubs.

On the Magic cruise from Dover I also feel that we will be inclined to get off of the ship to look around at the ports etc so I'm not so worried about the keeping him entertained part. He loves live shows and meeting characters etc.
Definitely visit on OH then as you can speak to the counsellors regarding his autism. They may be able to offer some reassurance for you leaving him there for a bit longer. But, like you say, you can always try him in OH, then maybe see if he'd like it for an hour or so.

Alternatively, you can pop him in and sit outside the club reading for a bit if you're worried. You won't be able to see him, but you'll know you're right near and so will the counsellors. remember though, you're only a phone call away anyway.

Joa