Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 14 Apr 17, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
The past few times we have used viva voyage as they have been consistently cheaper. We have always had great customer service from them too.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
wanderlustbaby
Getting to know the DIBB

We normally book direct with the cruise line just for convenience but the price is not the best when you book with the cruise line (especially flight and hotel packages). We like to DIY our holidays so we prefer to book directly with the cruise line. However, there are many cruise agents out there that offer competitive prices and can book the flights and hotels for you too if you want to. Iglu cruise is quite a reputable cruise agent that I've heard good things from x
Disneyland Paris 2019
Next: All Star Movies October 2022
wanderlustbaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

Try vacations to go. They do 90 day tickers which can be great deals
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 17, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

A lot of cruise lines offer deals that include tips, drink packages and some on board credit, as food is also included pretty much round the clock, its easy to get an idea of cost upfront, we love that. Cruising is a wonderful way to see a lot of places, on what is a luxury floating hotel! Do as much or as little as you wish to.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
A lot of cruise lines offer deals that include tips, drink packages and some on board credit, as food is also included pretty much round the clock, its easy to get an idea of cost upfront, we love that. Cruising is a wonderful way to see a lot of places, on what is a luxury floating hotel! Do as much or as little as you wish to.
This is exactly why we now love cruising. waking up (most days) in a new location is great.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

What are inside cabins like? I mean- when you wake up, are you in pitch black with no idea if it's morning or not?

We are thinking of booking a Fjords cruise in June with P&O as a bit of a last minute treat after a really crappy few months.

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Clamshell View Post
What are inside cabins like? I mean- when you wake up, are you in pitch black with no idea if it's morning or not?
I'm in an inside cabin for the first time this year and Mum who is a seasoned cruiser suggests leaving the tv on the channel that shows the view from the bridge so you can see if it's light outside or not when you wake up.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
I'm in an inside cabin for the first time this year and Mum who is a seasoned cruiser suggests leaving the tv on the channel that shows the view from the bridge so you can see if it's light outside or not when you wake up.
That's a good idea.

We priced up a balcony cabin last week, but I have had to send off my passport for renewal so can't book until it's back. The balcony cabins are already climbing in price and too be honest, the £600 price difference is a good week of drinks 😂

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Clamshell View Post
That's a good idea.

We priced up a balcony cabin last week, but I have had to send off my passport for renewal so can't book until it's back. The balcony cabins are already climbing in price and too be honest, the £600 price difference is a good week of drinks 😂
Mum went for an inside cabin last year for the first time and was apprehensive as it was for 18 nights. She said it was fine and going forward she would rather save the money to spend elsewhere than book and outside or balcony cabin. She has just booked 28 nights in an inside cabin for next year so it can't be all bad!
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 17, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

We have always had inside cabins, as much as I would love to splurge and have a balcony the costs have always been above what we personally would pay. Add to that we don't spend much time in the cabin, it's never bothered us. In regards to the light I love it as it's pitch black save the light from the crack of the door, I like a dark room to sleep in, it does mean that one day we overslept a little later than I would have liked..
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List