Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 24 May 17, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Tokyo Travels - intro

I've never written a full trip report before, only food ones. Given that there seems to be so much interest in visiting Japan at the moment I thought I'd have a go and pass on what information I can. We found it extremely useful to read the trip reports by other Dibbers who had trodden the eastern path ahead of us and learned so much from them, so I hope we can return the favour.

So how come we are going to Tokyo? I wish a had a really interesting story to tell but alas the reality is rather dull. Two factors influenced our choice. Firstly Sean and I will celebrate our silver wedding anniversary in September and have been saving hard so that we could take several special holidays this year to mark the occasion. Secondly there was an American Express 241 voucher burning a hole in our pockets which we wanted to put to good use by taking a long flight in a premium cabin. And that was it really. I periodically looked on the BA website to see what the voucher would get us and one day last autumn, there the Tokyo flights were. It was somewhere neither of us had ever been before – the furthest east we had been was Cyprus – and it had a Disney park or two. Decision made.
Old 24 May 17, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted-nadi
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Ahh I look forward to this ! We loved Tokyo and will definitely go back , Disney there is beautiful

My heart belongs to uncle Walt
Orlando/Paris/Cali/HongKong/Tokyo ✔️
Shanghai one day
Enchanted-nadi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

It's fabulous isn't it. Our trip was far too short, we'd love to go back and see more of Japan.
Old 24 May 17, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
kevin_cambs_uk
Imagineer

Mobile

Magic
Looking forward to this
2000 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2002 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2003 - Caribbean Beach. 2004 - Forgot where we stayed. 2008 - Pop Century. 2012 - Disneyland Paris for the day. 2015 - Contemporary Resort - 7 days, POFQ - 3 days. 2016 Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea. 2018 Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge
kevin_cambs_uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm really enjoying your report - how long were you there for?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princess_chazy View Post
I'm really enjoying your report - how long were you there for?
Not nearly long enough! We flew out on a Wednesday and came home the following Thursday
Old 9 Jun 17, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by hornetgirl View Post
Not nearly long enough! We flew out on a Wednesday and came home the following Thursday
We had 2 weeks other than Disney and it wasn't enough!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List