Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 31 May 17, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
barnsleyfan
Excited about Disney

Help me choose a standard SUV

soon be there. just tying up last bits of planning. Got a standard SUV from alamo sanford. Looked at the thread of what vehicles are in this class, and tbh, know nothing about this size of car, owning an astra and corsa at home.

anyone know typically what choice i will be presented with at Sanford?

at whether there are any obvious choices (in terms of bang for your buck, specs etc). Having never driven such a large car, a rear camera would preferable.

Thanks again you helpful peeps.
barnsleyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Eerbeer17
Earning More Ears

Couple of months ago we had the new type Dodge Journey at Sanford. Very pleasant car to drive an very spacious (7 seats). A friend of mine had a more luxurious version with rear view camera, so choose wisely.
And there were also some Mitsubishi Outlanders in the same row.
Eerbeer17 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Pandatravellers
Looking for my Ears

Hi

We are due to collect a Standard SUV from MCO in three weeks time and wondered if there any particular model I should look out for and any I should avoid. People seem to like the Ford Explorer and Nissan Pathfinder.

Thanks
Pandatravellers is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 17, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

We had a Ford Explorer at Sanford. Weren't given any choice they brought the car to us. We were happy with it though.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 17, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

We had a Ford Explorer Limited from Sanford in Sept 2015. Very nice car, 7 seats, all the toys. We loved it and wished they sold it in the UK.
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 17, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post

We got lucky and ended up with a Tahoe from Alamo Sanford... loved it.
There were 4 Adults and 2 children (6-11) loads of roon
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 17, 04:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Willip
Trying for More Ears

I like cars such as the Ford Explorer that have Android Auto and Apple CarPlay built in. This allows you to integrate your phone with the car, so you can use Google/Apple Maps for satnav (if you have data) and Spotify all controlled from the car's touchscreen.
Willip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 17, 04:29 AM  
Link to this Post
newstewart
Apprentice Imagineer

Not Sanford, but Orlando last Friday I also had standard SUV booked, good selection bud went for Hyundai Santa Fee, 7 seater with Sirius radio
newstewart is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 17, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Most of the cars mentioned above are not standard suvs but are upgrades or mid/full size.
Standard wise you're looking at something along the lines of a jeep Cherokee, Ford Edge or Hyundai Santa Fe

We liked the Cherokee, never had a Santa Fe and with 5 bodies the edge was horrible because the middle seat in the back was tiny and rock hard, though the car was lovely to drive and great if only 4 bodies
Old 6 Jun 17, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
shrek1609
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by °o°-Hannah-°o° View Post
Most of the cars mentioned above are not standard suvs but are upgrades or mid/full size.
Standard wise you're looking at something along the lines of a jeep Cherokee, Ford Edge or Hyundai Santa Fe

We liked the Cherokee, never had a Santa Fe and with 5 bodies the edge was horrible because the middle seat in the back was tiny and rock hard, though the car was lovely to drive and great if only 4 bodies

According to the sticky at the top of the car hire & transportation forum these are Alamo

Standard SUV fleet (MPG 19-28 AVG 22):
FORD EDGE
CHEVY EQUINOX
DODGE JOURNEY
FORD EXPLORER
GMC TERRAIN
HYUNDAI SANTA FE SPORT
HYUNDAI SANTA FE
JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
KIA SORENTO - Redesign
MAZDA CX9
NISSAN MURANO
NISSAN PATHFINDER
NISSAN XTERRA
TOYOTA 4RUNNER - Minor Refresh
TOYOTA HIGHLANDER
TOYOTA VENZA

So like most people we would be looking for a Ford Explorer when we fly in, and if there isn't one I will ask

The Tahoe would be an upgrade but if they want to give me on FOC I'll happily drive one
shrek1609 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List