Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 31 May 17, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile 8 seater SUV

Any booked/taken an 8 seater SUV from MCO lately? What did get? What was available? Hoping for a Burb
Not sure who it's booked with as Floraida4less use Alamo, Dollar and Budget at MCO
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 17, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
buddy23
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

August 2016 we booked through VA (alamo) only 2 offerings available that i could see 1) toyota sienna 2) kia sedona
buddy23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 06:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by buddy23 View Post
August 2016 we booked through VA (alamo) only 2 offerings available that i could see 1) toyota sienna 2) kia sedona
Booking from Florida4less definitely says 8 seater SUV Chevy Suburban or similar. The only info we can get from them is that it will be 1 of the 3 hire companies mentioned. I have emailed all 3 to check stock but only Dollar replied saying they have no 8 seaters on fleet, neither the Kia or Toyota you mention are SUV but thanks anyway.
Old 3 Jun 17, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
lickerofthetoe
Imagineer

I booked with Hertz via rentalcars.com £750 for 2 weeks sept 18th till 2nd October. GMC Yukon XL or Chevy Surburban XL or similar 8 seater SUVs

Sorry just noticed your booking doesn't include Hertz sorry.

DLP - 2003 Santa Fe
DLP - 2010 Hotel Cheyenne
Disney Art of Animation Resort - Sept 2012.
NYC - Feb 2014
Dibb villa @ Lindfields Sept 2014

** Wedding, Dreamy Corner 22.9.17 **
NYC Feb 2014 Mini Trip Report
Scouse meets Mouse Pre trippy Sept 2012 here ©
Scouse meets Mouse Trip Report Sept 2012 here (in the making) ©

Edited at 09:43 PM.
lickerofthetoe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Only Alamo advertise 8 seater vehicles. Dollar & Budget only advertise their premium SUV range as being 7 seaters, although they do have 8 seaters within their fleet. I would imagine if you've been promised an 8 seater, it'll be with Alamo.

Couple of recent customers had a Ford Expedtion and Chevrolet Suburban from the premium SUV category.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
Only Alamo advertise 8 seater vehicles. Dollar & Budget only advertise their premium SUV range as being 7 seaters, although they do have 8 seaters within their fleet. I would imagine if you've been promised an 8 seater, it'll be with Alamo.

Couple of recent customers had a Ford Expedtion and Chevrolet Suburban from the premium SUV category.
Thanks Andy, I'm still waiting for the feedback from Alamo and Budget, also Florida4less are less than helpful in this case stating they won't know who they have made the booking with until 3 weeks before we go... not sure I believe that or they just can't be bothered to find out, only time will tell and that date still gives me plenty of time to do skip the counter which is another reason for wanting to know who its with.
Old 4 Jun 17, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Its a bit of a concern that they don't know who they've booked you with until 3 weeks before hand... Makes me wonder if they are playing a game of risk and hoping the prices drop and then book your vehicle. Anything in their T&C's which say anything about price increases after you've booked?

DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 17, 06:34 AM  
Link to this Post

Its a bit of a concern that they don't know who they've booked you with until 3 weeks before hand... Makes me wonder if they are playing a game of risk and hoping the prices drop and then book your vehicle. Anything in their T&C's which say anything about price increases after you've booked?
There is a clause which states they will "absorb 2% if any increase on total booking cost". Which should more than cover any increase in car hire costs... FINGERS CROSSED! 1

Everything is now paid for in full and has been for 6 weeks, it just seems really strange that either as you say they don't know or why they are being so elusive about it.

I have emailed them to confirm a booking has been made and the price quoted stands for a "8 seater SUV" and they have confirmed that all is in order.

On all other things they have been great and supplied all information we have asked for, villa address, owners name ad management company details so we could do all the normal checks and then some.

Maybe I'm just trying to be a little too prepared?
Old 7 Jun 17, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Andy,
After much chasing they have confirmed that they use a local broker to provide car hire in Florida who has confirmed the booking with Alamo @ MCO Chevy burb or similar.

Any ideas what they currently have on fleet?

I would imagine burb, Expedition or Yukon as 8 seater stock.

Skip the counter here I come
Old 7 Jun 17, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Thats good its been sorted.
A recent customer told me they had a few Ford Expeditions and Suburbans in the row. No mention of anything else.