Old 3 Jun 17, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
What no painting! Villa owners holiday. day 5

Thursday June 1st

So today we are planning on staying local. It's supposed to be a lovely day and when we wake we can hear birds singing and see the sun coming through the curtains.

We have toast for breakfast whilst texting my friend who does our cleaning at home. She's at our house with her kids watching a film as there is no cleaning to be done. I've paid her anyway because I wanted her to go and see our cats! She's reset our cctv camera and we can see our babies! They are home alone this holiday with a 'professional cat minder' who is a client of mine visiting 3 times a day.

We have a little drive to Oyster Pond River and take a couple of photos.

It's a beautiful warm morning and we head into the village and manage to park in the Main Street with no problems. We walk up to our favourite little coffee shop and get our caffeine fix of cappuccinos, we sit outside in the sun and watch the fit and healthy types jog past!

We pop into another hotel we like the look of, we think maybe if we come again we might stay here, just for the location really as it's right on the Main Street, walkable to all the shops.

Bit boring for you all today! We just stroll along nipping into various shops as we go! We do buy a big wooden doorstop and a fruit bowl, what do you mean you don't buy doorstops on holiday! Lol
We also buy a mini olive oil and balsamic vinegar for our foodie friends back home.

We sit on 'our' bench and soak up some sun for half an hour.

It's lunchtime so we head to the Wild Goose again and sit outside on the patio. Richard has an Angus burger and I have a chicken, bacon and spinach burger, both are lovely. I have a Beach Love cocktail and Richard has a beer - it's 5 'o' clock somewhere!

I think the bill was $51, bit steep for lunch but never mind, the cocktail was gorgeous and that was $10 of the bill!

A bit more strolling and window shopping and we pop into the post office to send our tax forms to our US Accountant, the joys of villa ownership!

Ice cream is consumed sitting in the sun, Caramel moose prints and choc mint chunk, can't find my photos😏

We decide to head back and sit by the pool but before we make it back to the hotel the most bizarre sort of 'Sea fog' rolls in, not from the sea though, it's coming off the land!

We have a bit of down time, I may have even napped!

We pop out to grab tea from the little Marketplace, it was an expensive lunch so tea will be cheaper!
We choose pesto chicken, roasted veggies, green beans and mashed butternut squash, 3 mins in the microwave - was amazing!

To walk Tea off we wander down the road by our hotel and choose which house we're going to buy when we win the lottery!

The roads round here appear to named after the people that live in them!

Key lime pie when we get back to the hotel! TTFN

Edited at 01:21 AM.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 17, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Another relaxing day! Some fabulous houses there!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 17, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Lovely relaxing day Selina... and the food looks lovely even the microwave dinner... enjoy the rest of your stay and hope you picked a good house for when your numbers come up 😂👍x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 17, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Nice day glad you had better weather.

Joan
Old 3 Jun 17, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Wow - those houses are lovely

Another great day - looks so relaxing

Helen xx

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 17, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
PD. Such a nicer day weather wise. You must have been relieved!
Those houses look stunning, oh to be rich and buy one of those. It is such a lovely location and nice for you both to chill and relax after the stressful last few months. Good that the property you are selling has been completed as well, sad but some closure now.
Food looks very good especially the micro meal as that would suit me down to the ground.
Have fun.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 17, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Another lovely day and wow, those houses really are gorgeous!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 17, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
ANother lovely day. The houses look amazing.
Old 3 Jun 17, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Loving your pictures since I was born in Chatham. The picture with the flag is the bottom of the road my late Grandfather's house was on. Chatham has become a very exclusive place now. Many of the houses are vacation homes only and the prices have soared out of the reach of the locals (just like Padstow in Cornwall). Those lovely houses in your pictures cost a lot more than the equivalent in Florida!

Bad luck with the fog, Chatham is notorious for it! At least the rain finally stopped.
Old 3 Jun 17, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Rob & Jan
Being a bit Goofy

The houses are just as I expected they look so nice rather like the ones we saw when we visited Chesapeake last August. Glad you got to see your fur babies, the kennels where we take our dogs puts posts on facebook so we can see our mutts playing with their kennel mates or terrorising them in our young dogs case.
Enjoy the reset of your stay.
Rob & Jan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List