Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 10 Jun 17, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
TTA
Apprentice Imagineer

Netflghts / Alamo -Disney Care Car Centre - any online checkin available ?

Hello

We have booked our car hire with Alamo via Netflights. We are picking up our car at the Disney Car Care Centre.

We have the voucher but wondered if it possible to do any sort of online check in with Alamo (like you would do at the airport).

The documentation doesn't give any details but I'm sure Dibbers will know.

Thanks in advance

TTA

PS - I'm assuming with the car care centre you are stuck with what they give you on the day but if any dubbers have any tips on how to get a better car etc then please let me know. Thanks !
TTA is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Hi. Once you have the Alamo ref no you can do OLCI for any location, even if you have booked through a 3rd party supplier.
Fastest way for you would be to just Google Alamo olci and their website will pop up.
You can't do skip the counter at the CCC as they tell you which bay out the front or side the car is in.
I have been to the CCC to swap out a defective car. The people on the desk are great, chilled out and no hard sell unlike the airports.
My advice is to start chatting to them and if there is something particular you want they will do it if they can.
For example I was dumping off a defective Lincoln and wanted a Cadillac (same class) but they had none. I told them I would come back the next day and the Manager then rang me to say they had 4 in. Good service.

Edit. This is the link.

alamo/en_US/car-rental/checkin.html

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 08:06 AM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
TTA
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Hi. Once you have the Alamo ref no you can do OLCI for any location, even if you have booked through a 3rd party supplier.
Fastest way for you would be to just Google Alamo olci and their website will pop up.
You can't do skip the counter at the CCC as they tell you which bay out the front or side the car is in.
I have been to the CCC to swap out a defective car. The people on the desk are great, chilled out and no hard sell unlike the airports.
My advice is to start chatting to them and if there is something particular you want they will do it ifthey can.
For example I was dumping off a defective Lincoln and wanted a Cadillac (same class) but they had none. I told them I would come back the next day and the Manager then rang me to say they had 4 in. Good service.

Edit. This is the link.

alamo/en_US/car-rental/checkin.html
Thanks very much Mr Morrow (I had a feeling you would know the answer) . I will try my chat at the desk for the car I have in mind but fear I may not be as persuasive as you !

Cheers TTA
TTA is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by TTA View Post
Thanks very much Mr Morrow (I had a feeling you would know the answer) . I will try my chat at the desk for the car I have in mind but fear I may not be as persuasive as you !

Cheers TTA
I was nattering for ages to a Lady at the desk there whilst she found me a Cadillac with low mileage. Turned out she was originally from the UK but had lived in the States for 30 years, still had a bit of an English accent.
Your other option is the Guys out the front who shift the cars around. They know what they have and if it's clean and ready to go. Worth chatting to them. Amazing what a $10 or $20 tip produces.
I dont advocate tipping for an upgrade but I do tip for something I want in the class I have booked.
Best of luck.

Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
TTA
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I was nattering for ages to a Lady at the desk there whilst she found me a Cadillac with low mileage. Turned out she was originally from the UK but had lived in the States for 30 years, still had a bit of an English accent.
Your other option is the Guys out the front who shift the cars around. They know what they have and if it's clean and ready to go. Worth chatting to them. Amazing what a $10 or $20 tip produces.
I dont advocate tipping for an upgrade but I do tip for something I want in the class I have booked.
Best of luck.

OLCI done Mr Morrow thanks. Just need to brush up on my chatting skills
Old 10 Jun 17, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by TTA View Post
OLCI done Mr Morrow thanks. Just need to brush up on my chatting skills
Best of luck. In hindsight when the middle aged Lady offered me a Camaro instead of a Cadillac and I said I was 62 and built for comfort not speed and winked at her probably wasn't my best quote!