Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Jan 05, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post

ST Augustine

I have some Spanish friends, and they said i must go over to St Augustine, is there a lot to do their for the kids?..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 05, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
brianuk
Excited about Disney

We went a couple of weeks ago as i wanted to see the old buildings but i must of turned right instead of left as i came into the town as we ended up at St Augustine beach and never saw anything of the town !

Beach was ok but nothing to do. Then drove down the coast to Daytona and came out at Titusville near the space centre entrance.
Old 4 Jan 05, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
keith&carol
Imagineer

keith&carol's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We enjoyed St. Augustine very much. You can buy a multi-stop pass for all the old buildings that are open to the public. They are staffed by people in costume and are very suitable for children as they have many Florida school groups visiting all year round. There is a fort which is also staffed for tours. There is a very large museum which has displays of old toys and there are horse-drawn carriage rides.
Well worth a couple of days IMHO.
Carol
keith&carol is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 05, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
truesdpr
Imagineer

truesdpr's Reviews
Thanks for this Carol. We have booked 2 nights at the Casa Monica hotel over Easter weekend. We've heard there may be a horse and carriage parade. Looks like lots of other intersting things too. Really looking forward to it.

Pam.
truesdpr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 05, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post

If in town on Friday or Saturday night, do visit the Taberna de Gallo. On those nights, a crowd gathers in the old tavern to sing the old sea chanties. Nothing like it anywhere and the crowd participation is great. They usually sing from about 7:30-10:00 and beer, sangria, and cider is served. It's a great place lit only by candles and opens right onto St. George Street.

Also, your hotel is a great choice!
Old 11 Jan 05, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
truesdpr
Imagineer

truesdpr's Reviews
Thanks Rok - we will certainly be there on a Saturday night and this sounds great - especially the bit about sangria. Do you know if we would be able to take our dd who will be 6 with us? I guess if it opens on to the street we may be able to sit outside.

Pam.
truesdpr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 05, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Sorry to respond so late --
Not a problem on the six year old as there are always a few children present. The third set, however, does get a bit racy with language, etc., but might be difficult to interpret when your six

What dates will you be in town? My wife and I head there frequently and might be nice to say hello...
Old 26 Jan 05, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
truesdpr
Imagineer

truesdpr's Reviews
Rok,

We'll be there on Saturday 26th March and Sunday 27th. heading back to Orlando some time on the Monday. Let us know if you're likely to be around - we could catch up for some sangria! Feel free to send me a PM.

Pam.
Old 2 Mar 05, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Late response -- sorry

Pam,
Sorry about the very delayed response as my wife and I had a death in our family and, well, more important things were tended to the last month or so.

Regarding the 26 of March -- We'll do our best to stop by the Taberna de Gallo on St. George St. We'll be there for certain the week before as I'm celebrating my 40th birthday in St. Augustine! However, it's just a short ride for us and I suspect we could make the trip one more time (the beer and sangria are usually enough "arm twisting" for us...

It's a small tavern so I think we'll be able to spot one another. My wife is from Greece so her physical features (long, dark hair and the Greek "look") are usually effective in finding us)

I did try to send you a PM, but was not allowed (I don't think I "DIBB" enough to qualify) --

But I do hope you get this message before your holiday.

Regards,
Rick (Rok)
Old 20 Mar 05, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
truesdpr
Imagineer

truesdpr's Reviews
Rick,

Sorry to hear your sad news - I hope you have everything sorted out now. We'll look out for you and will make our way to the Taberna on the evening of the 26th - next Saturday! and see if we can spot you. I can't believe it's nearly here. There are 3 of us and if you take a look in my gallery you'll be able to see what we look like - although I have had my hair cut short since last visit. We'll have that "just arrived pale look" about us.

Many congratulations for your 40th - it's not so bad once you get used to it honest!

Hope to catch you next weekend.

Pam, Bill & Olivia.
Closed Thread