Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Mar 05, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post

How do we see the shuttle/rocket launch?

Following on from the previous thread, we all really want to get a good view of the rocket and shuttle launch. We fly back on the 17th of May so hopefully we will get to see both.

Where is the best place to go and see them go up? As we have youngish children, we need somewhere close to food n toilets etc...

Thanks.
Daisy x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 05, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Cocoa Beach seems to be a popular choice even with the Floridians ( just down the coast from KSC.
Dave
Old 24 Mar 05, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Cocoa Beach is a great place to watch but last time we went just before Christmas they cancelled the rocket launch.

However to avoid the possibility of making the trip for nothing we used to watch launches from our own back garden in Kissimmee. Put the tv on, watch the countdown then get into the garden and you can usually see these things go up.

Terry
Old 24 Mar 05, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Villainlover
VIP Dibber

Villainlover's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We went across to Titusville ate in a lovely restaurant, popped out between Maincourse and desserts to watch the blastoff..then back inside to have a leisurely dessert while the masses were leaving

Must admit we ate there twice as the launch was cancelled the the first time at less than 30 seconds to go..due to a little rain cloud somewhere up in its path.. it was a lovely clear sky too..

we have also seen a launch from the Villa we stayed in on the 27 like the person above said you watch the countdown on the tv then pop outside to see it.

Buenaventura Lakes 1993
Indian Ridge 1995/6/7 Oak Island Harbour 1998 Indian Point 1999 Eagle ridge 2000 Crescent lakes 2001 Indian Ridge Oaks 2003 Highlands Reserve 2004/5
Hampton Inn Convention centre 2007
Hampton lakes 2008 Highlands reserve 2009
Highlands Reserve 2010/11/12/13/14/15
Villainlover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 05, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Could i see it from my hotel in kissimmee? {holiday inn nikki bird}
Although i did want to get up fairly close. But if its cancelled i suppose its a day wasted.
Old 24 Mar 05, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Villainlover
VIP Dibber

Villainlover's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
you should be able to see it if there is a clear sky. The day we went to the coast (for the second attempt) the sky had lots of cloud and the shuttle soon dissappeared into it.
But on the clear night from the villa you could see it all the way and it was still impressive you could see the rocket boosters seperate. You just need to work out where to look for it we were looking in the wrong dirction initially LOL

Buenaventura Lakes 1993
Indian Ridge 1995/6/7 Oak Island Harbour 1998 Indian Point 1999 Eagle ridge 2000 Crescent lakes 2001 Indian Ridge Oaks 2003 Highlands Reserve 2004/5
Hampton Inn Convention centre 2007
Hampton lakes 2008 Highlands reserve 2009
Highlands Reserve 2010/11/12/13/14/15
Villainlover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 05, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally posted by Daisybumpkins
Could i see it from my hotel in kissimmee? {holiday inn nikki bird}
Although i did want to get up fairly close. But if its cancelled i suppose its a day wasted.
Work out where the east is and point yourself in that direction. The first one I saw I was sat in some fast food outlet on the 192 and saw it go up out of the window.

Terry
Old 24 Mar 05, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Titusville is a great spot to watch a launch and there are lots of reataurants and fast food places along the main road so it's easy to park too.
Old 24 Mar 05, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
REH
Imagineer

I've seen a number of shuttle & rocket launches while in florida. You can see if from Orlando. The last time we watched the launch on the newes and then went outside to see the seperation etc.
Old 28 Mar 05, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post

where about`s in orlando can you see the shuttle
Closed Thread