Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Apr 05, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Space Shuttle Launch tickets

Got an email today telling me that tickets are on sale on 4th April for the launch of STS-114 space shuttle discovery scheduled for 15th May 2005. Tickets are available on line at KennedySpaceCentre or by phone 321-449-4444. One not to miss if you are there.

Jaime
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 05, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Think you mean:-

Well... apparantly I can't give you the proper link for KSC due to forum rules.

Don't click the other one as it's just one of those annoying search engine clones.

If another member can post the correct link to KSC it would be appreciated as although I'm 36, I'm not adult enough to post an active link in the forum... sheesh

Jeff
Old 2 Apr 05, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Ade666
Serious Dibber

try ksctickets/kennedyspacecenter/ltt.html

June 2014 - Explorers Hotel, DLP
Nov 2012 - Clarion Hotel Lake Buena Vista
Nov 2011 - Clarion Hotel Lake Buena Vista
Ade666 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 05, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Beware, the launch date is not yet finalised and is rumoured to be likely to delay from the May 15th date. Launches can be cancelled at very short notice.
Having said that, it is a fantastic experience if you are lucky enough to see it.
Old 2 Apr 05, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Rigstig
Imagineer

Originally posted by JeffUsher
Think you mean:-

Well... apparantly I can't give you the proper link for KSC due to forum rules.

Don't click the other one as it's just one of those annoying search engine clones.

If another member can post the correct link to KSC it would be appreciated as although I'm 36, I'm not adult enough to post an active link in the forum... sheesh

Jeff

Jeff,annoying as it is as weve all been there,but the link posting thing is to stop people just registering to advertise their villas or whatever.
Im not sure how many post you have to do before you can start posting links,so the more you Dibb the quicker it will be,lol.

By the way... welcome to the Dibb

Stuart

Anaheim 2008

California, Arizona and Nevada road trips 2012,2014, 2019
Rigstig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 05, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post

We are going to Florida from 26th May for 2 weeks and would love to see a launch.

Is it worth the risk by purchasing these tickets and hoping that the the launch is delayed.

Does anyone know how much the tickets are likely to be as the website doesn't seem to give a price.
Old 2 Apr 05, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post

I got a launch ticket for 2001 but the launch got delayed and we were home when it finally lifted off The tickets are usually free or they were in 2001.
Claire
Old 6 Apr 05, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post

The tickets were showing up at $36 on the KSC website, for viewing. All the other ticket options appear to have sold out already.

Tempted...

Stu
Old 6 Apr 05, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Growing up with the advantage of seeing the launches from our back garden I can honestly tell you that I would NOT purchase viewing tickets for a launch. Especially for the first launch since the accident. More than likely there will be a delay and if you don't fall within the dates of the delay it will be all for nothing.

Having said that, I can tell you that there are numerous viewing spots along the water causeway stretching for miles that you could just park and view for an up close experience. This is the best way to go.

If you are planning on spending a day at the beach I would recommend going to Cocoa Beach and having a birds eye view from there.
Old 6 Apr 05, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc_Chris
slightly serious Dibber

We're planning on watching an August launch probably from somewhere around Cocoa Beach. Has anybody done this, and if so what is the traffic like on the way to and from the area? Is it nose to tail traffic jams, or is it not so bad?
Jul '95: Kissimmee/Keys Oct '96/Oct '97/Aug '05/Oct '07: Kissimmee. May '98: Kissimmee Oct '01: RotondaOct 2012:Kissimmee/Anna Maria IslandSep '14: Davenport/RotondaOct '16: Cape Coral/Spring Hill Sep '17: Kissimmee/Rotonda Oct ‘18: Oregon/California Sep ‘19: Highlands Reserve/Bradenton Feb '22: Sunridge Woods Oct '23: New England Road Trip
Manc_Chris is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread